Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 11-03-2009, 12:14 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Well actually since I posted that I talked to his drummer RVP, They plan on doing at least one song from every solo album...including Ziltoid.
I'M ZILTOID!!!!
I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!
I LIVE ABOVE EARTH IN A BIG ROCKET SHIP!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

shit, i just noticed that 'color your world' has lyrics from 'voices in the fan'
Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
shit, i just noticed that 'color your world' has lyrics from 'voices in the fan'
And "Wrong Side" by SYL.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:53 PM
N00B

FUUUUUUUUCKK

The Boston date is the day of and before two of my Midterm Exams.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
That Guy

New Townsend Interview about the tour....He really makes it sound like this will not be his last tour:

Townsend, easily one of metal's most intriguing, ominous and immensely talented figures, is taking this project to the masses as he will join genre visionaries BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME, CYNIC and SCALE THE SUMMIT for a massive North American trek which kicks off January 8.

Commented Devin: "So I'm starting to tour again, officially. I have a great team together, and we are performing selections from all my solo albums. However, I will not be playing STRAPPING material. I love that band and everyone involved and respectfully leave the legacy. However, through all of my solo albums (and the current DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT with the next record 'Deconstruction') you can count on there being a ton of heavy material. From 'Ziltoid', 'Physicist', 'Deconstruction' etc, mixed with 'Addicted', 'Ki', 'Terria', 'Infinity', 'Ocean Machine' etc.

"The first tour I'm doing to get my sea legs back is with BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME, who I met on Ozzfest and are a FANTASTIC band, CYNIC, who I have been a fan of for many, many years and are masters, and SCALE THE SUMMIT, a really cool new instrumental band. I am playing second, and it's a relatively short set, but for my first tour back it's a total honor. It will be a different style of performance for me, as there is no 'mask.' However, this incarnation is very different from the DTB (DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND); this is definitely heavier...somewhere between SYL and DTB. And in truth, that's pretty much where I feel I was meant to be all along.

"I'm honored to be invited on such a GREAT bill for the first tour back. Hopefully see you all then.

"The plans for the video for 'Bend It Like Bender' are currently underway, the director is none other than the mighty Konrad Palkewicz, who directed 'Almost Again' by STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, and 'Coast' off of 'Ki'. It's an all animated affair that is not nearly as 'puffy' as the song, it's a mini-movie with his incredible skills once again making my music seem much more poignant than it really is. I've seen some clips and it's crazy good."

Last edited by MPF; 11-04-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Truthfully, this is a better prog bill than this year's Prog Nation by a longshot. Look out, Portnoy.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:15 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Truthfully, this is a better prog bill than this year's Prog Nation by a longshot. Look out, Portnoy.
Funny you should mention that. Here's MP's thoughts on the tour, when I made a thread on his forum (gotta read the quote to get the context of the first 3 paragraphs):

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm....page=1#2431902

I know you're just joking, but I still couldnt help but be offended by this stupid post...

You do realize I've given 3 out of 4 of them opening slots for DT over the past couple years, right???

If anything, they are not thinking "fuck you" to me or DT - but rather "thank you" to me for exposing/sharing them with our audience and are now joining forces to capitalize on it and continue to develop on their own...

Anyways, it's indeed a GREAT bill....I love all the bands and artists on it (musically and personally), I consider them all friends of mine and wish them all the best....

MP
Old 11-04-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. Here's MP's thoughts on the tour, when I made a thread on his forum (gotta read the quote to get the context of the first 3 paragraphs):

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm....page=1#2431902

I know you're just joking, but I still couldnt help but be offended by this stupid post...

You do realize I've given 3 out of 4 of them opening slots for DT over the past couple years, right???

If anything, they are not thinking "fuck you" to me or DT - but rather "thank you" to me for exposing/sharing them with our audience and are now joining forces to capitalize on it and continue to develop on their own...

Anyways, it's indeed a GREAT bill....I love all the bands and artists on it (musically and personally), I consider them all friends of mine and wish them all the best....

MP
Wow, sounds like he's a little bit butthurt on the internet to me. But yeah, I thought 2008's Prog Nation lineup was amazing (DT, Opeth, BTBAM and Three are seriously four of the best progressive metal bands of all time...OF ALL TIME) but then 2009 was a huge drop-off in quality. This clearly slays that.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Wow, sounds like he's a little bit butthurt on the internet to me. But yeah, I thought 2008's Prog Nation lineup was amazing (DT, Opeth, BTBAM and Three are seriously four of the best progressive metal bands of all time...OF ALL TIME) but then 2009 was a huge drop-off in quality. This clearly slays that.
Lately on the MP forum, there are some people joining and saying a lot of stupid shit. This was just a joke, but MP took it the wrong way. I didn't make the joke, but I did make the thread. I've been noticing MP has been getting a lot of shit lately since Pain of Salvation had to drop off the tour.

In retrospect 2008's PN was better then 2009's PN, mainly because all of 2008's bands are more recognizable. I'm a huge Zappa fan, so I did love 2009 just as much. Plus I did get to meet Scale The Summit, BigElf and John Petrucci at the show in MN. So it balances itself out.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Lately on the MP forum, there are some people joining and saying a lot of stupid shit. This was just a joke, but MP took it the wrong way. I didn't make the joke, but I did make the thread. I've been noticing MP has been getting a lot of shit lately since Pain of Salvation had to drop off the tour.

In retrospect 2008's PN was better then 2009's PN, mainly because all of 2008's bands are more recognizable. I'm a huge Zappa fan, so I did love 2009 just as much. Plus I did get to meet Scale The Summit, BigElf and John Petrucci at the show in MN. So it balances itself out.
Yeah, honestly the combination of some truly atrocious DT setlists (not that that didn't plague Prog Nation '08 as well - Columbus in particular got fucked in the ass on that front) and the fact that I only really like Bigelf out of the support makes me far prefer a lineup with BTBAM, Cynic, and Devy.

Now if Portnoy gets Porcupine Tree, Opeth, BTBAM, Devin Townsend, and Mastodon or something, I'll gladly defer.