Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014

Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Concert Veteran

LOG is better than Slipknot and Stone Sour. I don't get why Fires Of Sedition hates Corey's regular voice so much I think he's got a good regular voice. Of course the metal I grew up listening to had melody and clean vocals that's probably why I appriciate it so much. I'm not sure when all this screaming and uninteligable growling began in metal but i'm not such a huge fan of that vocal style. In fact LOG is one of the only bands I like who's singer is like that but that's because I feel that musically and vocally they set themselves apart from other bands who try and do the same thing.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Visualize perfection

I can't listen to anything with too much clean vocals, I don't know why, it just turns me away. And I loved Slipknot before Vol. 3 and Corey changing his vocals ruined Slipknot for me.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
N00B

I agree with you Fires of Sedition, Slipknot was a lot better before Vol. 3. Lamb of God does set themselves apart musically from other bands because all of their members are the best at what they do, if not the second best, but I just like Slipknot and Stone Sour better because of their arrangement and mix of clean vocals in their songs. I'm not dissing Lamb of God in any way. I have the utmost respect for them and they are a great band. They are in my top 10 favorite bands.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
I can't listen to anything with too much clean vocals, I don't know why, it just turns me away. And I loved Slipknot before Vol. 3 and Corey changing his vocals ruined Slipknot for me.
That's cool but Corey changing his voice was inevitable. There's was no way he's was gonna be able to keep screaming like he did on Slipknot's self titled and Iowa. He was bound to loose his scream at some point maybe he lost it too soon but the way he screams on the first two Slipknot albums i've never heard anything like that from any vocalist before. Have you ever tried to sing along with anything from Slipknot's first two and try to scream like him? I have a needles to say it's a very hard thing to do at least for me it was. So I understand why the vocals changed so much for him. I also understand why a lot of fans maybe upset with the change since his screaming voice was so great at one time.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Visualize perfection

I suppose you're right. He did do some crazy vocals. I'm guessing he just did them wrong and too long. I always have sung along to the first two albums, and there's no way I'll ever be as good as he once was.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:30 PM
N00B

I think it's because he was forced into Slipknot by Mick and Sean. He never wanted to be in Slipknot, but they forced to beat the shit out of him if he didn't join. It says that on their unmasked dvd. Great story. I think because of this, Corey probably didn't have much screaming technique and that led to his voice being hurt or being changed.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
I think it's because he was forced into Slipknot by Mick and Shawn. He never wanted to be in Slipknot, but they forced to beat the shit out of him if he didn't join. It says that on their unmasked dvd. Great story. I think because of this, Corey probably didn't have much screaming technique and that led to his voice being hurt or being changed.
I never saw that DVD but I did know they threatened to kick his ass if he didn't join. But you're probably right about that being why he changed his vocal style.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
I love Slipknot's first two CDs. Last two piss me the hell off. Stone Sour's first album was pretty good, new one blows. Corey's voice = shit. Whatcha gonna do? Corey's voice = shit. Cause I'm not afraid of you. Corey's voice = shit. I'm everything you'll never be. Corey's voice = shit.

I guess you don't like Lamb Of God (who's 10x better than Slipknot and Stone Sour by the way)?
Whats he gonna do? What are you gonna do bro? You're on the fuckin internet man. ANy pussy can talk big on the internet. And of course youre not afraid, your on the internet man.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
N00B

30/30-150
Hell & Consequences
Monolith
Through Glass
Orchids
Made of Scars
Blotter
Inhale
Reborn
Choose
Bother
Your God
Get Inside
Old 01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalapocalypse_666 View Post
Whats he gonna do? What are you gonna do bro? You're on the fuckin internet man. ANy pussy can talk big on the internet. And of course youre not afraid, your on the internet man.
Lol! How did no one pick up on this? That's freaking hilarious.

He was quoting the lyrics to 'People = Shit' by Slipknot, numbnuts. Not fronting up.

Oh man that was funny.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd