Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

No Hit The Lights, so its a bad setlist.

They never play it though...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
No Hit The Lights, so its a bad setlist.

They never play it though...
It's been played on and off this tour and it's always one of the encore songs. Seems a bit strange to me that with all the great songs they did on the first four albums you would judge the worth of their set based on HTL one song certainly doesn't make the whole set. While it's a good song until recently I don't think it's been played with any regularity since maybe back when they toured for RTL. Creeping Death is my favorite song from them but i won't say this set is bad just because it isn't in there. I think they do put together some solid sets for the most part with a few bad ones every now and then but that's gonna happen when you switch songs up every night.

If you wanna see the history of the current tour you can check the archieves on this page just so you can see how often HTL pops up in the set in case you're wondering at all. They've been touring for a year now so it'll take you a little bit to check through all of them though.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

yeah the 2 nd show in Montreal was my 10 th and last Metallica concert

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 10-27-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It's been played on and off this tour and it's always one of the encore songs. Seems a bit strange to me that with all the great songs they did on the first four albums you would judge the worth of their set based on HTL one song certainly doesn't make the whole set. While it's a good song until recently I don't think it's been played with any regularity since maybe back when they toured for RTL. Creeping Death is my favorite song from them but i won't say this set is bad just because it isn't in there. I think they do put together some solid sets for the most part with a few bad ones every now and then but that's gonna happen when you switch songs up every night.

If you wanna see the history of the current tour you can check the archieves on this page just so you can see how often HTL pops up in the set in case you're wondering at all. They've been touring for a year now so it'll take you a little bit to check through all of them though.
Nah, I'm not serious about the set. I'm just extreme about that song, they skipped over it when I saw em a while back and I've been angry about it for a long time...
Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Nah, I'm not serious about the set. I'm just extreme about that song, they skipped over it when I saw em a while back and I've been angry about it for a long time...

10/30: Cannabis Corpse
11/6: Cormorant (?)
11/21: Dethklok/Mastodon
You bastard. I want to see Cormorant live. Well if you do go, be sure to tell them that they have a big fan in Ohio - the guys (and gals) in Giant Squid (another awesome Bay Area band) were pumped when I told them they had a few huge fans this far East. You guys also get Grayceon and La Fin du Monde, too - plus Helms Alee (if you don't mind driving north for a while) and other bands like that. You fuckers.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
10/26-METALLICA

Man... Fade To Black totally made my night. I've never had the pleasure to see Metallica live before, so them whipping that one out was quite awesome.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
You bastard. I want to see Cormorant live. Well if you do go, be sure to tell them that they have a big fan in Ohio - the guys (and gals) in Giant Squid (another awesome Bay Area band) were pumped when I told them they had a few huge fans this far East. You guys also get Grayceon and La Fin du Monde, too - plus Helms Alee (if you don't mind driving north for a while) and other bands like that. You fuckers.
I've heard a lot of great things about Giant Squid, I'll give em a listen.

The SF scene is starting to become good again.

Tags
metallica