Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
N00B

Metallica -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 27th, 2009

Volbeat opened the show. They were ok, got a bit bored tho. (dunno the setlist)

Lamb Of God was next and they were pretty tight

setlist:
The Passing
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label

TIME FOR METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

setlist:
That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Holier Than Thou
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
My Apocalypse
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
The Judas Kiss
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
------
Die, Die My Darling
Motorbreath
Seek & Destroy

Last edited by passty; 05-31-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 AM
N00B

No Cyanide or All Nightmare Long? Those are the 2 best on DM. IMO.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:17 AM
N00B

How would you describe the sound quality? I was there Monday night and it wasn't that good (the ACC has always been feast or famine in that regard). During LoG I thought it was a case of the warmup band being shortchanged, but Metallica was only marginally better. My biggest beef was that the vocals seemed really buried.
Other than that, a great show.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
N00B

Setlist for both bands looks good, though Unforgiven was played before Judas Kiss FYI. Still though, I thought it was a good set. We didnt' get Fade to Black but we got Blackened which the Monday show didn't

As far as the sound quality, I didn't think it was bad. The first couple of songs for Metallica it sounded like the drums were taking over everything, but from For Whom the Bell Tolls onwards it was pretty good and I could hear everything pretty well. Either that or I just didn't care cuz I was seeing Metallica for the first time.

I was so pumped when Lamb of God came on, and in my section, or at least the row I was in and the rows in front of me and behind me didn't give a shit. Some old bitch told me to sit down because she couldn't see, yet looked bored during LoG's set anyways, so i'm like "Fuck this, i'm still headbanging and singing along", and my neck was Gone by the end of their set, and then I realized I still had 2 hours of Metallica to look forward to

Either way awesome show, and maybe the best concert i've ever been to.

Last edited by AnthG; 10-28-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobic Axe View Post
How would you describe the sound quality? I was there Monday night and it wasn't that good (the ACC has always been feast or famine in that regard). During LoG I thought it was a case of the warmup band being shortchanged, but Metallica was only marginally better. My biggest beef was that the vocals seemed really buried.
Other than that, a great show.
I thought the sound was great. There were like 2 or 3 time when it was kinda hard to hear Kirk's solos, but other than that I have no complaints what so ever. This is definitely the best show I've ever been to.

Lamb Of God was really tight, and Metallica... well, need I say more
Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
N00B

was there. an awesome show. pretty dece setlist
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalJ View Post
No Cyanide or All Nightmare Long? Those are the 2 best on DM. IMO.
They usually do those two but they were replaced by My Apocalypse and Judas Kiss in this set i'm guessing it's because they did Cyanide and Nightmare the first night in Toronto.

Solid set and i know i've brought this up on other Metallica threads but i just don't get why Holier Than Thou has been showing up so regular on this tour when it was never hardly played when they toured for The Black Album. It's just a so-so song and there's is so much better they can choose from. If it was part of the encore here and there I probably wouldn't mind it so much but the fourth spot in their set is always a heavier tune that gets you pumped up and HTT just doesn't fit that role for me.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by passty View Post
I thought the sound was great. There were like 2 or 3 time when it was kinda hard to hear Kirk's solos, but other than that I have no complaints what so ever. This is definitely the best show I've ever been to.

Lamb Of God was really tight, and Metallica... well, need I say more
Maybe it was where I was sitting (2nd row in the upper deck), but I was pretty disappointed with the sound. I've seen LoG 4 times & Metallica 5 times, and this was the worst sound quality yet. I still really enjoyed both bands though.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
They usually do those two but they were replaced by My Apocalypse and Judas Kiss in this set i'm guessing it's because they did Cyanide and Nightmare the first night in Toronto.

Solid set and i know i've brought this up on other Metallica threads but i just don't get why Holier Than Thou has been showing up so regular on this tour when it was never hardly played when they toured for The Black Album. It's just a so-so song and there's is so much better they can choose from. If it was part of the encore here and there I probably wouldn't mind it so much but the fourth spot in their set is always a heavier tune that gets you pumped up and HTT just doesn't fit that role for me.
Meh, the first night got The Memory Remains in the 4th spot on the set. I'd much rather hear Holier than thou.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Meh, the first night got The Memory Remains in the 4th spot on the set. I'd much rather hear Holier than thou.
I like Memory better myself plus the crowd singing along with the "Na, na, na, na" part live is very cool. Because of that I at least understand why Memory gets played live still. I'm not quite understanding it with HTT though. I much rather hear Through The Never or Don't Tread On Me if they wanna do a rareity off The Black Album.

My other problem with Holier is it always seems to follow a song like FHTBT, Creeping Death, Harvester or something else like that and it just seems out of place following songs of that caliber.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 10-29-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Tags
lamb of god, metallica