Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned Asshole

The Harvest Floor - Cattle Decapitation

I gave this album a few listens and I think that it really is their most brutal album to date. The way they incorporate technical and melodic death metal really works with my ears. I think at some times I could categorize it as "just another metal song, but the track Axestacy really stands out as a key track to listen to. I suggest giving this album a listen, but by know means would I consider this a great album. I must say this is a step down from Karma.Bloody.Karma. They came pretty close. Next time, Cattle Decapitation.

I rate it: 6.5/10
"Nothing to write home about"

Last edited by b_halperin; 04-05-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

I have to disagree here.
Despite being what you would call a Cattle "fanboy", I genuinely think this is their best work. To be completely honest, Karma. Bloody.Karma wasn't the greatest thing ever made. I think it lost some of the magic of Humanure and was a bit too clean, losing a bit of the Cattle sound. Harvest Floor is a major step up. I really love every track on it. They really took the technical aspects to a whole new level (turns out Troy can actually play bass :O! and well!), and the lyrics were as gruesome, schlocky and cynical as ever. There was also a whole melancholy feel throughout the album, which really added more depth and feeling to this one than anything I have heard from CD before. The highlights for me were The Product Alive, Into the Public Bath and Regret and the Grave. I dont really know what to say about The Product Alive, but it's just a great song, and the chorus is haunting, and awesome. Into the Public bath is very chunky & heavy, and the lyrics are truly disgusting. Regret and the Grave is a somber song, who's lyrics are probably the best "animal rights" lyrics from the band. Being a vegetarian I connected with the song very well, and its a perfect end to the album.

10/10
Best Cattle Album (well, DM Cattle, Human Jerky is still special)
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
I have to disagree here.
Despite being what you would call a Cattle "fanboy", I genuinely think this is their best work. To be completely honest, Karma. Bloody.Karma wasn't the greatest thing ever made. I think it lost some of the magic of Humanure and was a bit too clean, losing a bit of the Cattle sound. Harvest Floor is a major step up. I really love every track on it. They really took the technical aspects to a whole new level (turns out Troy can actually play bass :O! and well!), and the lyrics were as gruesome, schlocky and cynical as ever. There was also a whole melancholy feel throughout the album, which really added more depth and feeling to this one than anything I have heard from CD before. The highlights for me were The Product Alive, Into the Public Bath and Regret and the Grave. I dont really know what to say about The Product Alive, but it's just a great song, and the chorus is haunting, and awesome. Into the Public bath is very chunky & heavy, and the lyrics are truly disgusting. Regret and the Grave is a somber song, who's lyrics are probably the best "animal rights" lyrics from the band. Being a vegetarian I connected with the song very well, and its a perfect end to the album.

10/10
Best Cattle Album (well, DM Cattle, Human Jerky is still special)
ahaha dont worry i dont got problems with fanboys, and i personally think that they declined in a sense from Karma.Bloody.Karma. Honestly listening to this album it did not feel up to par when you compare it to other technical death metal such as Necrophagist and The Faceless, it does not make the list. I really must say though that their lyrics are a step up from Karma.Bloody.Karma. I'm not one to talk animal rights as I am a meatatarian but I respect that you enjoy those lyrics

6.5/10, still after yet another few tracks relistened to
Old 01-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

I think it's Cattle's most progressive album to date. They really fucking fly everywhere and are really unpredictable, but they maintain the technicality amidst all the crazy shit. It's really fucking fast, and almost perfect. I'd say it's their 2nd best album behind To Serve Man.

9/10
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 04-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Sleepwell Deconstructor

This album is excellent.
Great riffs and I love his vocals they rip!
Definitely one of my favs of 2009 so far along with new Mastodon and Napalm Death.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
N00B

very good album 8/10
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 PM

I say this is still the best album of 2009
Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

The Harvest Floor 0/10

Ten Torments of the Damned 10000/10

JUST KIDDING

this album is amazing my favortie cattle decap album 10/10
Old 10-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta257 View Post
The Harvest Floor 0/10

Ten Torments of the Damned 10000/10

JUST KIDDING

this album is amazing my favortie cattle decap album 10/10
Ha, you know I don't HATE Ten Torments.
It's really more of a Locust record though.
I have the 7", I listened to it no more than 2 or 3 times.