N00B

Dream main stage for Mayhen 2010

Megadeth
Rob Zombie
Fear Factory
Lamb of God
Old 10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Concert Veteran

I posted this on another thread that was simular but i'll do it again. I've revised the set times though

Iron Maiden(Co-Headline 9:45-11:00)
Megadeth(Co-Headline 8:00-9:15)
Alice In Chains(6:30-7:30)
Faith No More(5:15-6:00)

I know Faith No More might be an odd choice but since the re-union had did so well in Europe it would be a good a way for them to get back in the spotlight in North America again.

My Second stage headliner would be Lamb Of God. There is no way they should play a mainstage at an amplitheater where the cowd can't move. You need to be able to mosh as kill each other when LOG is on stage.

Shadows Fall would headline the third stage. I don't feel like doing the rest of the lineup since half the bands they use to fill these festival shows aren't worth a shit to begin with if you ask me.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned Asshole

Judas Priest
Testament
Anthrax
Gojira
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 PM
N00B

I am a huge Alice In Chains fan, but I don't think they are heavy enough to play at Mayhem. Lamb of God could play at the Midwest Bank Ampitheatre in Tinley Park (Chicago) because there is a place to mosh. I don't think Faith no More would be a great main stage act, not heavy enough either. Megadeth is most likely gonna be there next year. Iron Maiden I would like to see there. Don't you think Rob Zombie and Fear Factory would be great though?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:12 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
I am a huge Alice In Chains fan, but I don't think they are heavy enough to play at Mayhem. Lamb of God could play at the Midwest Bank Ampitheatre in Tinley Park (Chicago) because there is a place to mosh. I don't think Faith no More would be a great main stage act, not heavy enough either. Megadeth is most likely gonna be there next year. Iron Maiden I would like to see there. Don't you think Rob Zombie and Fear Factory would be great though?
Dragonforce and Mastodon have a played the main stage for before and while i'm not to familiar with Mastodons stuff heavy isn't the first that comes to mind when I think of those two bands. Don't know about Bullet For My Valentine who played the mainstage this year are they really that heavy at all? I only know one song from them so I can't say for sure. AIC is heavy enough to do it if you ask me. Plus they would draw huge ammounts of people to see them and that's what goes into making these shows. They get who they think can or still will be able to draw money as far as the promoters are conserned.

FMN maybe an odd choice but they do have their fair share of heavy songs and would fit in allright on the bill I think. Rob Zombie would be cool as well as one of the headliners for next year. I'm not that familiar with Fear Factory at all I remember Demanufacture coming out when I was in 10th or 11th grade and I liked that album quite a bit I also have their first one and Obsoulete but after that for whatever reason they never stuck with me and I haven't listened to anything from them in like 10 years. They would be a cool band for the second or third stage though.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 10-15-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
N00B

I went to Mayhem tour in 2008 and 2009. Mastodon played a lot of their heavy stuff, and since Dragonforce isn't that heavy, they didn't have much people watching them and a lot of people were laughing at them because of their cheesy music. When I was watching Bullet for my Valentine, I read the program the whole time, and so did a lot of other people. No one was into them, I was there only because I didn't want to miss any of Killswitch. I think they schedule not as heavy bands for the first main stage slot (i.e. dragonforce and bullet for my valentine) because usually at the same time they are playing, the headliner for the jager or hot topic stage is playing, so they know a lot of the people will be at the jager or hot topic stage (i.e. Machine Head, Cannibal Corpse, and Trivium). I changed my mind about Alice in Chains. I do think they would be a good choice, if they concentrated on heavier stuff like We Die Young, Man in the Box, Them Bones, Angry Chair, Grind, and Again. The problem with them playing their softer stuff (even though it is amazing music) is that people aren't there to see soft songs. They are there to see a metal show. If they can come up with a ten song setlist of heavy songs, they would be great.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
N00B

to elaborate on that point further x-voltage, it would be amazing if Alice in chains could pull together 10 of their most heaviest songs and play maybe the opening slot on the main stage or even headline the second stage.

Them Bones
Angry Chair
Hate to Feel
Grind
Godsmack, just to name a few

anyway, my dream main stage...

MuDvAyNe
SlipKnot
Lamb of God
Cannibal Corpse

I know thats never going to happen but it would be epic
Old 10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

A 4 and a half hour set from Emmure
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
N00B

That would be a pretty good main stage, i've seen slipknot twice, and one of those times was at Mayhem. They are one of the best live acts i've ever seen. Lamb of God is gonna be on mainstage at Mayhem within the next two years. I'm not a huge fan of Mudvayne so I don't know much about them. Cannibal Corpse isn't big enough to be on mainstage. I mean look at last years's Mayhem tour. Bullet for my Valentine was on mainstage instead of Cannibal Corpse. I mean that's bullshit. I think they are looking for bands that are currently popular. Cannibal Corpse definitely are legends and mainstage worthy in the eyes of metal heads, but they are looking for bands that are more popular to promote the tour.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
I went to Mayhem tour in 2008 and 2009. Mastodon played a lot of their heavy stuff, and since Dragonforce isn't that heavy, they didn't have much people watching them and a lot of people were laughing at them because of their cheesy music
Well if people were laughing at Dragonforce that's truely ashame they're a throwback to old school metal who have great musicianship and a singer who actually sings with melody who you can understand unlike half the garbage in metal that's out there right now. That's why I took a liking to Dragonforce becasue they reminded me of one of the metal sounds that got me into it back in late 80's early 90's and it was refreshing for me to hear a band doing that in today's metal scene.

I went to Mayhem in 2008 and I missed Dragonforce because I wanted to see Machine Head and they were playing the second stage at the same time. Which is just shitty booking on the festival arrangers part. When I got into the mian aphlitheater Dragonforce was playing Through The Fire and Flames and it was the last song. I was kinda upset at that cause I did wanna see them it was just poor booking and they could chop a few bands off the bill every year so people have a better chance to see the bands they want if you ask me.