King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Old 10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
yeah, this album is good. way better than metallica's latest attempt.
Or 4 attempts. Especially considering that Megadeth takes about 2 years between releases as opposed to 5.

Now I'm starting to wonder, and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks, why did they (or he) improve so much from one album to the next?
IMO the only real solid track on UA was Sleepwalker, didn't like Washington or Burnt Ice, sorry. I think it's safe to say that This Day, 1,320, Endgame and Headcrusher are the standouts, all at or above the level of Sleepwalker (maaaaybe 44 too).
Could it be Broderick? He definitely adds depth to the band that it hasn't had since the "reunion", even though you could argue he is to Marty Friedman what Zakk Wylde was to Randy Rhoads.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
We're dying on the inside

I like Death Magnetic better than Endgame, actually, but I think I might like Metallica more than Megadeth too, so that comes down to taste.

But yeah, Endgame stomps all over UA, TWNAH, and Risk, and maybe even on System, too. This Day We Fight!, 44 Minutes, Endgame, Head Crusher, and The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With A Kiss are all better than anything on UA.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Or 4 attempts. Especially considering that Megadeth takes about 2 years between releases as opposed to 5.

Now I'm starting to wonder, and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks, why did they (or he) improve so much from one album to the next?
IMO the only real solid track on UA was Sleepwalker, didn't like Washington or Burnt Ice, sorry. I think it's safe to say that This Day, 1,320, Endgame and Headcrusher are the standouts, all at or above the level of Sleepwalker (maaaaybe 44 too).
Could it be Broderick? He definitely adds depth to the band that it hasn't had since the "reunion", even though you could argue he is to Marty Friedman what Zakk Wylde was to Randy Rhoads.

Very accurate assesment on Broderick. I also believe that Broderick is the best thing to happen to Megadeth in years.

I know i am in the minority but i actually liked UA. Yes Endgame is much,much better but i found tracks like Sleepwalker and Washington is Next to be quite good.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I thought UA was unbelievable when it came out, I still think it's pretty good nowadays. Washington, UA, Burnt Ice, and NWA are all great tunes.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Anyone think this lineup will stick? It seems like he's found an arsenal of buttboys who get to play in one of the biggest metal bands ever, and Broderick gets to wank around however he likes (as long it's in the stye of Marty Friedman and to Mustaine's liking).
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I really didn't hate Death Magnetic (other than the album title) as much as others have on here. I still think I like Endgame more. But it still blows away United Abominations and really I don't think its really close. Seeing that there is prob only 1 Megadave album left, unless someone really messes up I wouldn't plan on a lineup change just b/c I don't think it would be worth it to change somebody else out in the band just b/c of the fact there is only 1 album left for Dave.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Anyone think this lineup will stick? It seems like he's found an arsenal of buttboys who get to play in one of the biggest metal bands ever, and Broderick gets to wank around however he likes (as long it's in the stye of Marty Friedman and to Mustaine's liking).

Proably Not because Mustaine pisses everyone off.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/