Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
terrible openers, especially for METALLICA
Fuck you.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:11 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Anthrax would get about 45 mins. Slayer and Megadeth would get around 75 mins each and Metallica would get 2 hours because they're Metallica and people will accept nothing less than that. That would be the set times if I were booking it. I like Anthrax more than Slayer but Slayer is way more popular right now and should get more time than them. A lot of Deth's and Slayers songs are shorter so if they just shut up and play without much chatter to the audience they can get through a bunch of songs in that time frame.
Well, first off Slayer dont talk to the crowd, they just get up and play. And tbh if Metallica got that much more time than the rest I'd be pissed off, granted theyre Metallica, but if its a BIG FOUR tour, I want to see each band get an equal shot at it, and if Metallica don't allow that, well they deserve any and every word of shit thats ever been spoken about them.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Well, first off Slayer dont talk to the crowd, they just get up and play. And tbh if Metallica got that much more time than the rest I'd be pissed off, granted theyre Metallica, but if its a BIG FOUR tour, I want to see each band get an equal shot at it, and if Metallica don't allow that, well they deserve any and every word of shit thats ever been spoken about them.
Keep in mind that Metallica isn't booking this show if it were to happen they have people for that and I think you're giving headline acts too much credit for what ammount of time they give to their openers. They don't really have that much say especially when it comes to festival shows. It's all about popularity with these multi-band lineups. The band who's the biggest draw for the show is gonna get way more time than the bands ahead of them that's the way it's alway been and will continue to be. I don't really have any experience to back this up other than I know that it's a business and it's about making money more than anything.

For example at last year's Mayhemfest I would've loved Machine Head to have gotten more than the 35 minutes they got as the second stage headliners but they didn't and that's on the bookers of the show I put no blame on Slipknot or Disturbed at all.

I'm guessing when shows like this are booked either the bands management or a representative of the venue they're playing at tells the band what the set times will be and that's pritty much it. Whatever the venue gives them is what they got and they just have to make the most of it.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:58 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Children Of Bodom, Amon Amarth and Slayer

just put one of those 3 bands in and I,m buying a ticket and I skip the headliners

Cheers !
PowerMaiden