Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Dream Set Lists

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
Dream "3 opening acts" for Metallica

1. Machine Head
2. Trivium
3. Megadeth (it would never happen, but it would be funny seeing Mustaine open up for Metallica)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
Opener: Mudvayne
2nd Slot: Alice in Chains
Special Guests: Mastodon, or Lamb of God, Id enjoy both sets a great amount

Megadeth already opened for Metallica in 1994, bizarrely enough..
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
Ya I forgot about 94 and Megadeth. I heard they are trying to get a "Big 4" tour together Sanitarium, with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I wonder what the order would be. I think Anthrax would open, Megadeth and Slayer would switch between the 2nd and 3rd slots every night and Metallica would close.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Ya I forgot about 94 and Megadeth. I heard they are trying to get a "Big 4" tour together Sanitarium, with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I wonder what the order would be. I think Anthrax would open, Megadeth and Slayer would switch between the 2nd and 3rd slots every night and Metallica would close.
Metallica is deffinately closing the show if it were to happen. Anthrax would be on first and then if you're going by album sales Slayer then Megadeth. If you're going by current popularity Slayer and Megadeth would rotate their spots every other night. Since I think right now they're both about equal in popularity.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Metallica is deffinately closing the show if it were to happen. Anthrax would be on first and then if you're going by album sales Slayer then Megadeth. If you're going by current popularity Slayer and Megadeth would rotate their spots every other night. Since I think right now they're both about equal in popularity.
I reckon it'd be Anthrax for an hour opening, then Slayer and Megadeth hundred minutes each, then Metallica two hours. It may be wishful thinking, but I know that even though Metallica ar closing the show, its all about the big four, and every band should get a set close enough to a headlining show.. It'd be an all day show, but they'd have choice of whatever venue they want Id say cuz that tour would sell out no matter what.. you're hittin every metal demographic like..
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I reckon it'd be Anthrax for an hour opening, then Slayer and Megadeth hundred minutes each, then Metallica two hours. It may be wishful thinking, but I know that even though Metallica ar closing the show, its all about the big four, and every band should get a set close enough to a headlining show.. It'd be an all day show, but they'd have choice of whatever venue they want Id say cuz that tour would sell out no matter what.. you're hittin every metal demographic like..
Anthrax would get about 45 mins. Slayer and Megadeth would get around 75 mins each and Metallica would get 2 hours because they're Metallica and people will accept nothing less than that. That would be the set times if I were booking it. I like Anthrax more than Slayer but Slayer is way more popular right now and should get more time than them. A lot of Deth's and Slayers songs are shorter so if they just shut up and play without much chatter to the audience they can get through a bunch of songs in that time frame.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
I agree that they should each get equal set times, but that will never happen because of how popular Metallica is over the rest.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,846
Gamma Ray, Carcass
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 PM
x-voltage x-voltage is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 321
terrible openers, especially for METALLICA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008