Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Dream Set Lists

Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM
N00B

Dream "3 opening acts" for Metallica

1. Machine Head
2. Trivium
3. Megadeth (it would never happen, but it would be funny seeing Mustaine open up for Metallica)
Old 10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Opener: Mudvayne
2nd Slot: Alice in Chains
Special Guests: Mastodon, or Lamb of God, Id enjoy both sets a great amount

Megadeth already opened for Metallica in 1994, bizarrely enough..
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Concert Veteran

Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth
Old 10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
N00B

Ya I forgot about 94 and Megadeth. I heard they are trying to get a "Big 4" tour together Sanitarium, with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I wonder what the order would be. I think Anthrax would open, Megadeth and Slayer would switch between the 2nd and 3rd slots every night and Metallica would close.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Ya I forgot about 94 and Megadeth. I heard they are trying to get a "Big 4" tour together Sanitarium, with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I wonder what the order would be. I think Anthrax would open, Megadeth and Slayer would switch between the 2nd and 3rd slots every night and Metallica would close.
Metallica is deffinately closing the show if it were to happen. Anthrax would be on first and then if you're going by album sales Slayer then Megadeth. If you're going by current popularity Slayer and Megadeth would rotate their spots every other night. Since I think right now they're both about equal in popularity.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Metallica is deffinately closing the show if it were to happen. Anthrax would be on first and then if you're going by album sales Slayer then Megadeth. If you're going by current popularity Slayer and Megadeth would rotate their spots every other night. Since I think right now they're both about equal in popularity.
I reckon it'd be Anthrax for an hour opening, then Slayer and Megadeth hundred minutes each, then Metallica two hours. It may be wishful thinking, but I know that even though Metallica ar closing the show, its all about the big four, and every band should get a set close enough to a headlining show.. It'd be an all day show, but they'd have choice of whatever venue they want Id say cuz that tour would sell out no matter what.. you're hittin every metal demographic like..
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I reckon it'd be Anthrax for an hour opening, then Slayer and Megadeth hundred minutes each, then Metallica two hours. It may be wishful thinking, but I know that even though Metallica ar closing the show, its all about the big four, and every band should get a set close enough to a headlining show.. It'd be an all day show, but they'd have choice of whatever venue they want Id say cuz that tour would sell out no matter what.. you're hittin every metal demographic like..
Anthrax would get about 45 mins. Slayer and Megadeth would get around 75 mins each and Metallica would get 2 hours because they're Metallica and people will accept nothing less than that. That would be the set times if I were booking it. I like Anthrax more than Slayer but Slayer is way more popular right now and should get more time than them. A lot of Deth's and Slayers songs are shorter so if they just shut up and play without much chatter to the audience they can get through a bunch of songs in that time frame.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
N00B

I agree that they should each get equal set times, but that will never happen because of how popular Metallica is over the rest.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Gamma Ray, Carcass
Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 PM
N00B

terrible openers, especially for METALLICA