Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Yeah, but I think thanks to that five album streak, and their ferocity live, they will always be worth a watch on any given tour. And their given others bands a big chance to shine, bringin them on the rise to do stadiums one day

Mastodon 2020 in Madison Square Garden??
Eh, the ferocity is debatable. I'm not saying you're totally wrong, they're a good live band in terms of energy and all, but when I go to a show, it's really for the WHOLE package, and Metallica only truly deliver in energy.

And EXACTLY proving my next point, what you said about the five album streak being a top reason why you will always see them, they are a nostalgia band now, or at least really damn close. Sure, Death Magnetic is cool and all (granted it got old really quick), who the hell is going to see Metallica for their new stuff? Nobody. And I would forgive that if they could competently play their old stuff and sounds respectable, but shit like you mentioned bout Kirk's solo and James' awful singing (which I've seen/heard both)....it's just unprofessional and ,for me, unforgivable. You can have your opinion though, I'm just using your statements as a spring for my own

To PowerMaiden:
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
hahaha

sorry buddy but mouhahaha

funny one

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
both times iv seen em theyve been on top form.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Eh, the ferocity is debatable. I'm not saying you're totally wrong, they're a good live band in terms of energy and all, but when I go to a show, it's really for the WHOLE package, and Metallica only truly deliver in energy.

And EXACTLY proving my next point, what you said about the five album streak being a top reason why you will always see them, they are a nostalgia band now, or at least really damn close. Sure, Death Magnetic is cool and all (granted it got old really quick), who the hell is going to see Metallica for their new stuff? Nobody. And I would forgive that if they could competently play their old stuff and sounds respectable, but shit like you mentioned bout Kirk's solo and James' awful singing (which I've seen/heard both)....it's just unprofessional and ,for me, unforgivable. You can have your opinion though, I'm just using your statements as a spring for my own

To PowerMaiden:
Im well aware that the ferocity is debatable, Just the irish shows Iv seen have probably just been luck of the draw good nights for them. And I agree, but that happens to every band wit a twenty year or more legacy. I mean look at Maiden, last album was pretty cool, no doubt, but in all honesty would you pay to see it more than once? The key difference though is that maiden, and priest, and megadeth, and most other bands youd care to mention wit that many years behind them can do their old stuff better than metallica can do theirs. All in all I agree with you. With Metallica its not the quality of the songs we're after, its the principle of seein em bein done by the originals
Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
agreed. well the only time i've seen them they were incredible. don't see any reason why they should quit if they are still selling out arenas and making a lot of money.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
agreed. well the only time i've seen them they were incredible. don't see any reason why they should quit if they are still selling out arenas and making a lot of money.
I dont see why they should quit when theyre bringing bands like Gojira, Lamb of God (spare the flaming please) and Mastodon to the masses!! That and theyre a huge inspiration, I mean I was disheartened when Ministry quit after all the time they were together, if Metallica quit I would genuinely be downtrodden for quite some time..
Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
with all your respect my friend, how old are you, 20 ? maybe 25, so you've seen them 2 times, you can't compare what is a Metallica joke now to what a real top notch performance with full balls on they were capable of in their prime in the 80's and early 90's, when you have withnesses those glory days (like me) it's really an embarrassement to see them live now, they just can't deliver nothing, no energy, no talent, no aggressivity, they are not even able to play their old stuff ok, I've seen cover band play those songs way better, it's a shame really, they were so great back in the day .

As for today's band standart in terms of showmanship and musicianship you said it yourself, compare a Metallica performance to a Megadeth, or Slayer one and you're already in another league. And I'm not even bringing on the mighty gods in the debate.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
with all your respect my friend, how old are you, 20 ? maybe 25, so you've seen them 2 times, you can't compare what is a Metallica joke now to what a real top notch performance with full balls on they were capable of in their prime in the 80's and early 90's, when you have withnesses those glory days (like me) it's really an embarrassement to see them live now, they just can't deliver nothing, no energy, no talent, no aggressivity, they are not even able to play their old stuff ok, I've seen cover band play those songs way better, it's a shame really, they were so great back in the day .

As for today's band standart in terms of showmanship and musicianship you said it yourself, compare a Metallica performance to a Megadeth, or Slayer one and you're already in another league. And I'm not even bringing on the mighty gods in the debate.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Well yeah, I know.. I'm just pointing out the two times I've seem them have been good, but in no way would they compare to even what Iv seen on DVD from those days (ha imagine that, a young'un is agreein with you through what he's seen on a DVD), I can only imagine bein at those shows in person. And yes exactly, its poor, hence Slayer are my favorite out of the big four. And tis true, Maiden need not be mentioned
Old 10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Up The Irons

Quote:
And I'm not even bringing on the mighty gods in the debate.
I'm with you on that one PowerMaiden
10 Aug: Megadeth (Bloodstock Open Air)
Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Ride the Lightning, No Remorse AND Blackened!?!?!? Fucking killer
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
10/23 - Dead Congregation
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Catch The Rainbow

First few times I saw them they were great! Last time I saw them they were..........meh not so good!

Tags
metallica