Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Madness Reigns...

Their sets really should have changed a bit more for the second leg in my opinion. Less DM and more of a hits set. Here is a wish list for me balancing what i think the band likes and what fans want. Pretty realistic i think...

1. that was just your life
2. the end of the line
3. creeping death
4. fight fire with fire
5. one
6. the judas kiss
7. the four horsemen
8. sad but true
9. blackened
10. damage inc
11. the day that never comes
12. master of puppets
13. battery
14. nothing else matters
15. enter sandman

16. dyers eve
17. whiplash
18. seek and destroy

thanks for indulging me...this would be awsome
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Concert Veteran

That would be a cool set but I think they should get the two DM songs out of the strating spot and open with some old shit to really get the crowd going. Leave 4 spots a night for DM songs and just rotate those so the songs from DM all still have a chance to get in. For example rotate Life/Line with BBS/Cyanide and rotate Nightmare, Judas and Apocalypse every night and maybe rotate TDTNC with Unforgiven 3. I feel it's the new shit that should get the rotation treatment not the old classics but the band doesn't really feel that way I guess. They'll still put on one of the best shows you'll see reguardless of what they play unless one of those songs is I Disappear
Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Wow they played "I Disappear" again? I saw them play it live back in '04 and didn't think they'd ever do it again..... it's an alright song I guess, but I'm STILL baffled as to why they don't do And Justice For All a hell of a lot more often... yeah, it's a hard song, but you can't beat that one live
8/31 - Cre/Cooper
10/18 - Immolation/Nunslaughter
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Wow they played "I Disappear" again? I saw them play it live back in '04 and didn't think they'd ever do it again..... it's an alright song I guess, but I'm STILL baffled as to why they don't do And Justice For All a hell of a lot more often... yeah, it's a hard song, but you can't beat that one live
Had the pleasure of seeing them play "and justice for all" at bonnaroo 2 summers ago. you are correct. it's an amazing live song... as well as anything off that album
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
I read in an interview awhile back I think with Lars and he said the reason Justice isn't played more is because everyone in the band feels it's just too long and it takes a lot out of you and that they played it every show during the Justice tour because they had too. I understand that but I don't mind that it's played so little because I think it makes it more special when they do play it. If it was in every night you know there would be people bitching "why don't they drop Justice and do something else for a change" so the band isn't gonna win either way.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I read in an interview awhile back I think with Lars and he said the reason Justice isn't played more is because everyone in the band feels it's just too long and it takes a lot out of you and that they played it every show during the Justice tour because they had too. I understand that but I don't mind that it's played so little because I think it makes it more special when they do play it. If it was in every night you know there would be people bitching "why don't they drop Justice and do something else for a change" so the band isn't gonna win either way.
You are right. Justice songs are good only when they are played rarely. Honestly, the title track would be boring if played every night of the tour.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
You are right. Justice songs are good only when they are played rarely. Honestly, the title track would be boring if played every night of the tour.
I agree with this statement. with the exception of one... that song never gets old.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
I agree with this statement. with the exception of one... that song never gets old.
I beg to differ...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Good set. Never thought of seeing I Dissappear in there. Ive never had problem with the song there is just much better to choose from.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

fuck all yall trill ass niggas

way back in the day, I Disappear was the first song I consciously linked to Metallica. I'd heard Enter Sandman on MTV, but I couldn't tell you who sang it.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER

Tags
metallica