Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 PM
In Search of Truth

Pictures with the guys from Pagan's Mind:

Old 09-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Headbanger

Very cool. So how bad were my friends band Visionary? I think they played 2nd since they're not kids and they kinda have their shit together but the music is kinda dated. I know the bass player Eric and he's the reason I was going off about the ticket prices. They had to sell 10 tickets each and I couldn't justify that kinda scratch to see 1 band that I had interest in. I predicted 200 people max because of the cost and looks like I might have overestimated. The pics of when his band played looked like 50 people in the crowd.

I think they have 1 more show as Visionary then they have to change their name to Tribunal. Another band named Visionary threatened to sue them.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:15 PM
N00B

Few more hours! cant wait
Old 09-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

I pity any band that has to go on stage after Pagan's Mind, quite frankly. At ProgPower VIII, they COMPLETELY upstaged Sonata Arctica. Now, you're saying they were much better than Stratovarius.

So, obviously we know the next course of action, so that no one has to follow them - PM headlining tour!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I pity any band that has to go on stage after Pagan's Mind, quite frankly. At ProgPower VIII, they COMPLETELY upstaged Sonata Arctica.

It doesn't seem too difficult to upstage Sonata Arctica. They seem pretty boring live, but I guess I'll find out in less than 2 weeks for myself. Stratovarius seems to be the same way, they just stand there and play their instruments.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSoldier144 View Post
It doesn't seem too difficult to upstage Sonata Arctica. They seem pretty boring live, but I guess I'll find out in less than 2 weeks for myself. Stratovarius seems to be the same way, they just stand there and play their instruments.
I honestly can't recall how their stage presence was at ProgPower, so I can't comment on that particular show besides PM overshadowing them. I know when I saw them open for Nightwish last year, I actually thought they were very good and had a lot of fun, and "For the Sake of Revenge" is one of my favorite live DVDs to watch.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSoldier144 View Post
I don't know, I think Stratovarius are pretty solid, I was definitely still able to get into and enjoy their set. Sonata got embarrassed by Firewind back in October '07 though. Man, that was a disappointment. Far moreso than what happened with this show.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I pity any band that has to go on stage after Pagan's Mind, quite frankly. At ProgPower VIII, they COMPLETELY upstaged Sonata Arctica. Now, you're saying they were much better than Stratovarius.

So, obviously we know the next course of action, so that no one has to follow them - PM headlining tour!
I think, especially given the exposure they've received through this tour, if Pagan's Mind did a small US tour with another band of note and similar style, they could probably pull decent crowds if they booked the right clubs in enough advance notice and got it promoted properly.

Tags
pagan's mind, stratovarius