The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Headbanger

Chevelle -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2009

Let me preface this by stating Iím not a big Chevelle fan. I was offered a free ticket and subsequent VIP pass so I knew it would be fun and was thinking it would be a ton of females. What I got was a 80-20 ratio of dudes to chicks and of the 80% at least half were total douche bags. Who takes their shirt off at a club show then jumps around screaming along to Halestorm? Seriously I was laughing through most of the Halestorm set. Sorry Halestorm fans but they suck. If youíre a not a 13 year old girl and youíre listening to Halestorm you have issues. They even busted out the mini-tom kits and the whole band joined in on the drum solo. The douchies loved this seeing that it hasnít been done a million times and other than Godsmack itís been lame as balls every time. Of course they closed with I Get Off and I couldnít wait for them to get the F off. Perfect time to grab a beer and a shot of Goose before heading up to VIP.

Chevelle opened with their new hit and sounded good. For a 3 piece they were powerful and kinda had a cool stage set up. Iím struggling to find positive shit to say about them but theyíre tight so Iíll give em that. Songs like The Clincher, The Red and Comfortable Liar were the highlights of the night for me. The low-light of the night was when I saw the setlist and saw my favorite song Still Running on there. The singer came out and did a totally lame new acoustic song that seemed to go on for 6 or 7 minutes. It was terrible then they broke right into I Get It, skipping my song Still Running. That pretty much ruined the last song for me knowing they skipped the song I wanted to hear most.

All in all a decent night. I wish I could recommend seeing them but I really can't. Had a better time jamming out to my buddy's band Deadlock who played after Chevelle on the side stage. Those guys play Zombie better than Zombie and they play Tool masterfully!

Me and Doug from Deadlock. The best cover band in the tri-state area

Old 09-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

The name Chevelle reminds me of Reveille, a crappy nu-metal band that opened up Ozzfest 2000. And everytime I see the name, I get a tick and think Reville. Reville should sue Chevelle and have them change their name so this will stop happening.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Headbanger

Yeah I actually like the Reveille song What You Got but they didn't belong on Ozzfest. They were trying to be Limp Bizkit clones or something. Not good.

Another thing I give Chevelle credit for is they stayed until every person who wanted one got an autograph or pic or what not. They also had hot chicks with flashing lights on walking through the crowd selling cd's for $10. Pretty brilliant actually.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Ram's Head or Sonar?
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 09-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Headbanger

It was actually Bourbon Street. They had both sides open. Deadlock played The Quarter stage and came on right after Chevelle finished. Pretty cool actually.

Rams Head is charging the promoters double to book the room so we're going to see less shows there and more at Recher and Bourbon. They only sold 1300 tickets for Chevelle and it sold out the day before.

When my boy booked 5 Finger Death Punch, Shadows Fall and Otep at Bourbon I thought he was nuts but he'll make twice as much so I can't blame him. I'm sure it will sell out even though they're going to sell 1500 this time.

I can't believe Shadow's Fall is the opener but I guess 5 Finger is a bigger draw. I'm hoping it's more of a co-headliner.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I can't believe Shadow's Fall is the opener but I guess 5 Finger is a bigger draw. I'm hoping it's more of a co-headliner.
yaa i wish Shadow's Fall was the headliner also. it's crazy to think that i saw 5FDP open up for DragonForce in LA back in 2006. back then they were only a local LA band that no one ever heard of. that was a year before they released their debut album.
2 years later i see them at mayhem fest and they had a really big turnout. a lot of people in the crowd knew all the lyrics to them. i didn't realize that they had gotten that big.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Tags
chevelle, deadlock, halestorm