Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen - Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 AM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is offline
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,570
going tonight !




Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,012
I have some questions to those who complain about Metallica's sets. Have you ever seen them live? Which do you think is worse doing nothing off the first 4 albums or doing one off each to make sure the albums are at least represented in each set? Yes I want my favotire song from them Creeping Death to be played every night like it used to but that's not happening anymore. No matter the song selection you're not gonna see a metal band but on a better bigtime show than them except for Iron Maiden. Just stop the complaining really what does it accomplish? I used to bitch about NEM being in the set but I don't anymore because what's the point? It doesn't change anything. Don't complain for the sake of doing it you aren't getting anywhere at all by doing so.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 09-20-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
passty passty is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 96
too much Death Magnetic for me. I mean I know that they're touring to promote the album and all, but seriously, I think people want to hear more old stuff!!!

also... WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO CREEPING DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Fratt's Avatar
Fratt Fratt is offline
None ov thy empty Gods shall ever stand above me
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Posts: 97
Quote:
shit man, they played The Shortest fucking Straw, lol what more do you want?
Creeping Death ? Fade to Black ? Sanitarium ? ...

Too much Death Magnetic, but otherwise a good set. I must say I was really pleased with James' voice, he really suprised me.

Lamb of God and Gojira were awesome too, tough I sometimes wondered if I was the only Gojira fan in the Bell Center
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 AM
HugeRockStar HugeRockStar is offline
Trainwreck Architect
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Monteal
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratt View Post
Creeping Death ? Fade to Black ? Sanitarium ? ...

Too much Death Magnetic, but otherwise a good set. I must say I was really pleased with James' voice, he really suprised me.

Lamb of God and Gojira were awesome too, tough I sometimes wondered if I was the only Gojira fan in the Bell Center
Nah there were 2 fans, me and you lol. I was pissed that the crowd didn't give Gojira the time of day. Even LOG didn't get that much of a reaction from where I was.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-20-2009, 10:32 AM
HugeRockStar HugeRockStar is offline
Trainwreck Architect
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Monteal
Posts: 321
Found this on the metclub board, Shortest Straw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Kx1...eature=channel
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Fratt's Avatar
Fratt Fratt is offline
None ov thy empty Gods shall ever stand above me
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada, Quebec, Montreal
Posts: 97
Quote:
Nah there were 2 fans, me and you lol. I was pissed that the crowd didn't give Gojira the time of day. Even LOG didn't get that much of a reaction from where I was.
same for me. Though there was some LoG fans in the spot I was, and we even started a mini-Wall of Death during Black Label ! It was funny to see all the wannabe-metalheads horrified by the fighting :P

Last edited by Fratt; 09-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,703
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I have some questions to those who complain about Metallica's sets. Have you ever seen them live? Which do you think is worse doing nothing off the first 4 albums or doing one off each to make sure the albums are at least represented in each set? Yes I want my favotire song from them Creeping Death to be played every night like it used to but that's not happening anymore. No matter the song selection you're not gonna see a metal band but on a better bigtime show than them except for Iron Maiden. Just stop the complaining really what does it accomplish? I used to bitch about NEM being in the set but I don't anymore because what's the point? It doesn't change anything. Don't complain for the sake of doing it you aren't getting anywhere at all by doing so.
Most of the whiners don't even know most Metallica songs I'm sure.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,703
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratt View Post
Creeping Death ? Fade to Black ? Sanitarium ? ...

Too much Death Magnetic, but otherwise a good set. I must say I was really pleased with James' voice, he really suprised me.

Lamb of God and Gojira were awesome too, tough I sometimes wondered if I was the only Gojira fan in the Bell Center
There are bands that make a new album and play maybe one or two songs from it. What's the point of that?
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,703
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by passty View Post
too much Death Magnetic for me. I mean I know that they're touring to promote the album and all, but seriously, I think people want to hear more old stuff!!!

also... WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO CREEPING DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Werchter we got:

Creeping Death
Master Of Puppets
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
One
Blackened
Seek & Destroy
Hit The Lights
For Whom The Bell Tolls
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gojira, metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008