Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Recorded doodles of heaviness

I was just fucking around with Beatcraft and Mixcraft and decided that I have nothing better to do in college than sit in my dorm, make drum tracks for songs I've written, record em, then put them up on YouTube . I'll probably be making a few of these, and I just want some opinions on these tracks. Give it a listen if you wish, hopefully you enjoy them as much as I do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW-fl11fxG8

Edit: Oh, and remember, Line 6 Spider II. For those who do not know, it's a terrible tone, so bear with me here. I did the best I can, and I'm trying to fix the bass drum sound, it's barely audible, which is unfortunate.

Last edited by SerpentineVIVIVI; 09-13-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned Asshole

I really enjoyed it, aside from being able to hear you strum the guitar. You did really good on creating the drum tracks, much better than I could do.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
I really enjoyed it, aside from being able to hear you strum the guitar. You did really good on creating the drum tracks, much better than I could do.
Yea the whole laptop mic thing can get pretty frustrating, I try to get as far away as possible, but I can only do so much. Nice to hear though, thanks for the feedback
Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D14UXuV0b6k

Song #2. Very Amon Amarth like. Been listening to em a bit much lately
Please share your thoughts!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoMeCMc45Q

Song #3 is up! Very black metal-like. I fixed up the tone too so it sounds a lot better, and the bass drum is actually audible. Hope it's well received.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoMeCMc45Q

Song #3 is up! Very black metal-like. I fixed up the tone too so it sounds a lot better, and the bass drum is actually audible. Hope it's well received.
Really awesome!! Since seeing you post these videos, I've started to learn how to use Beatcraft and it takes a long time so fine tune the drum tracks.

I'm currently recording one of my songs with the program and it's been very difficult but a fun experience to play around with my song.

I love this track you posted, it reminds me of Behemoth at parts, which is awesome. Keep making more! And I hope you find a vocalist because I can imagine they'd sound even more brutal with vocals.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that this song does a great job of keeping my interest! I usually can't sit through 7 minute long songs but this one is good haha

Last edited by b_halperin; 09-20-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
Really awesome!! Since seeing you post these videos, I've started to learn how to use Beatcraft and it takes a long time so fine tune the drum tracks.

I'm currently recording one of my songs with the program and it's been very difficult but a fun experience to play around with my song.

I love this track you posted, it reminds me of Behemoth at parts, which is awesome. Keep making more! And I hope you find a vocalist because I can imagine they'd sound even more brutal with vocals.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that this song does a great job of keeping my interest! I usually can't sit through 7 minute long songs but this one is good haha
Thanks a lot dude, your feedback is much appreciated. I'm glad that you like the new one, it's personally one of my favorite ones, and the Behemoth compliment is flattering .

And to using Beatcraft, it is such a harrowing process, really takes time and dedication, but it ends up so worth it. With the second and third song, I never would have thought they would come out so good til I had the drum track laid out, so I love that program. Glad that this 7 minute one keeps your interest too . Hopefully I'll have the 4th by the end of this week.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

For a scratch demo-type thing, this is awesome. I'm super critical and usually don't even comment on something like this (mama said if you don't have anything nice to say...).

I've been wanting to do this since it's getting harder and harder to practice with anyone, and a lot of the drum patters I imagine are too hard to explain by going "BOOM BOOM BAP" to somebody on the spot. Where did you get these programs?

Edit: nevermind, found it. I'm stoked.

Last edited by TonyD; 09-20-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
For a scratch demo-type thing, this is awesome. I'm super critical and usually don't even comment on something like this (mama said if you don't have anything nice to say...).

I've been wanting to do this since it's getting harder and harder to practice with anyone, and a lot of the drum patters I imagine are too hard to explain by going "BOOM BOOM BAP" to somebody on the spot. Where did you get these programs?

Edit: nevermind, found it. I'm stoked.
Thanks a lot dude, nice way to start my day at an 8:30 class

Seriously though, glad that you enjoyed it. The fact that you said you are super critical is very much like myself as well, so that's make me appreciate the comment even more . And I totally agree concerning the fact that playing with real people a) can be difficult and b) can be impossible (coming from Long Island has scarred my hope in finding credible metal musicians). Hope your endeavors go well, post em up here when they're ready! (same goes for b_halperin)
Old 09-21-2009, 07:28 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idumq9sJ8CI

A new remixed version. Solo is louder, and the guitars in general are louder. Hope it sounds better. Same song at the core though . Enjoy! Song #4 should come sometime Thursday or Friday.