ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Yeah they had Lazarus Bird so I picked it up. Normally I wouldn't pay $14.99 for a cd but I knew the songs were all long and you're right I only had time to listen to the 1st 2 songs but they're both crushing! The guy at the record store recommended an earlier cd called Prey on Life also. He said you have to download their older stuff so I don't feel guilty since I bought what he even said is their Masterpiece. He said someone recently bought the import version of the other cd you mentioned Origo for $45 clams. They must have really loved Lazarus Bird I guess...

I'm psyched now. Thanks Bro!
i assume you got it from record and tape traders? I love their stores. I like that their staff for the most part knows their shit. He was able to help me find the new Dying Fetus album. Try telling that to a best buy clerk. They prob wouldn't know what your talking about
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chewbacca defense View Post
i assume you got it from record and tape traders? I love their stores. I like that their staff for the most part knows their shit. He was able to help me find the new Dying Fetus album. Try telling that to a best buy clerk. They prob wouldn't know what your talking about
Good call. Yeah Record & Tape Traders is the shit. The manager of the Glen Burnie store has been there for 20+ years and dude knows more about music than anyone I've ever met. The guy I talked to will be at the Ottobar show too.

I just got a free ticket to Chevelle Sat night and my buddy's band Deadlock is playing after Chevelle on the Quarter stage but I can't get into any of them after listening to Gojira and Burst. Fukkin Halestorm opening again. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh. Should be a cool crowd though...
Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 AM
...the dead are among us!

Seeing Gojira tonight in Detroit! I saw them last year open for In Flames and they blew everyone else offstage that night.

Anyone know if they ever play 'The Art of Dying' live? Also hoping for some tracks off The Link.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Seeing Gojira tonight in Detroit! I saw them last year open for In Flames and they blew everyone else offstage that night.

Anyone know if they ever play 'The Art of Dying' live? Also hoping for some tracks off The Link.
yeah they played it when i saw them. and dude i know gojira was by far the best band on that bll. Tracks off The Link are rare, unfortunately
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
yeah they played it when i saw them. and dude i know gojira was by far the best band on that bll. Tracks off The Link are rare, unfortunately
Speaking of The Link, the record store I go to (well one of them, anyway) has a used copy of the DVD from that era - is it any good? I was thinking about picking it up - I think they only want like seven bucks for it...
Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Good call. Yeah Record & Tape Traders is the shit. The manager of the Glen Burnie store has been there for 20+ years and dude knows more about music than anyone I've ever met. The guy I talked to will be at the Ottobar show too.
I went to Record and Tape Traders when I was seeing my girlfriend in MD. That place is awesome.
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Speaking of The Link, the record store I go to (well one of them, anyway) has a used copy of the DVD from that era - is it any good? I was thinking about picking it up - I think they only want like seven bucks for it...
YES BUY BUY BUY.

ive never seen a copy of that cd in any store ive been in but id love to have it. Ive seen the clips on youtube and theyre really great.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
YES BUY BUY BUY.

ive never seen a copy of that cd in any store ive been in but id love to have it. Ive seen the clips on youtube and theyre really great.
Thanks, I prolly will - although I might have to question the "objectivity" of your recommendation.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Thanks, I prolly will - although I might have to question the "objectivity" of your recommendation.
If i knew what "objctivity" meant, I would surely come up with a rebuttle
Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
I JUST FOUND OUT AND I CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE

judgment based on observable phenomena and uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices

or maybe i do.... the definition is confusing

Tags
gojira