Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014
Third Eye Blind -- Royal Oak, MI -- August 30th, 2014
Sleep -- Pioneertown, CA -- August 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
I'm just curious. Why do you feel that FOTW is such a horrible album?

I do agree about the 3 Metallica albums though. Especially St. Anus.
I was just never able to get into Fly On The Wall. Every other record from them has at least a few songs that hook me in this album just never did. They tried to go back to a rawer sound on the album and it just didn't work for me at all. The songs are just there and don't have that classic AC/DC hook that gets you into their stuff. But it has been a long time since i've listened to it so i'll go back and listen to it again and see if my opinion has changed. When you don't listen to something in awhile sometimes you hear it differently years later.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Headbanger

Sorry for the delay, but here's a detailed review and picture slide show :

http://www.fullmetalrock.com/Reviews.html
Old 09-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Headbanger

The song Sink the Pink was a Hammerjacks staple and actually contributed to getting me laid a few times so I have a special place in my groin for that song. I'm a total Bon Scott guy when it comes to ac/dc but I made a B Johnson "ac/dc" cd recently and actually chose a few songs from FOTS and FOTW. I pretty much hate anything after those but Rock and Roll Train made it on there.

I will tell you the songs I really enjoyed the most were gems I hadn't listened to in 10+ years like Evil Walks, Nervous Shakedown, Inject the Venom, C.O.D., Snowballed, Guns for Hire & Sink the Pink.

Basically it was a cd with all of Back in Black, half of FTATR and 5 others. It's a really good cd start to finish though.

Am I the only person why hates the songs Big Jack and can't believe it's played on the radio?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
The song Sink the Pink was a Hammerjacks staple and actually contributed to getting me laid a few times
How did a song get you laid.

Last edited by UnleashTheWolves; 09-14-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Headbanger

Hammerjacks was like no other place. Maybe the Roxy and Rainbow in LA in the 80's would be a similar crowd. There were certain songs that were anthems there that made the girls go nuts. The Ramones - Somebody put something in my drink was one of them. A song called Monkey Bars by Coney Hatch was another one. Certain songs would come and chicks would grab the closest guy, pull them on the dance floor and grind you to a pulp. It was a beautiful thing. If you knew the words to the song your chances of getting attacked went up 50%. This was my experience with Sink the Pink.

When I recently watched the US festival and saw all those people doing the
80's dance I just laughed. I never saw that dance. We did the "pelvic dance" and grinded back then. There was nothing cheesy about my 80's experience and I see girls wearing leopard print and F' me pumps again these days so like music, fashion is a cyclical thing.

The band Charm City Devils used to be called Child's Play back in the 80's & early 90's and their song My Bottle was HUGE around here. If you like ac/dc type music I highly recommend picking up Child's Play cd Rat Race. It blows away Charm City Devils and some songs are still played on radio stations around here 20 years later. Kix, Wrathchild (America) and Child's Play ruled this town back then and through Reunions and facebook parties people get to experience a little slice of what it was like back then. The only difference is now we just call it Cougar hunting! hahahaha

Tags
ac/dc