Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashTheWolves View Post
I read they were together from 85-91 and didnt do anything for 15years that can decrease a bands popularity.
At least they knew when to call it quits after a shitty album, unlike Slayer who continued to released boring mainstream shit for 15 years.

And it's not like Sabbat are some super underground band, they seem to be common knowledge amongst most metalheads.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
At least they knew when to call it quits after a shitty album, unlike Slayer who continued to released boring mainstream shit for 15 years.
Do people hate new Slayer and new Metallica because alot of other people do and you have to be like them. Yes old Slayer is the best and they will never release another album Like Seasons or the albums before it but the new stuff is still good just not as good as the old stuff. Old Metallica is better than the new Metallica but the new stuff is still good. Its still better than all modern metal bands out there.

Last edited by UnleashTheWolves; 09-01-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
How the hell do people not know who Sabbat is.
Sorry man but everyone can't be into every band or know of them all. There's just way too many out there. Seriously i've never heard of them. I did look them up though and it looks like they were broken up for a long while so that might explain why some people might not know who they are. It's all good though besides discussing setlists people can find out about bands they weren't aware of before.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Sorry man but everyone can't be into every band or know of them all. There's just way too many out there. Seriously i've never heard of them. I did look them up though and it looks like they were broken up for a long while so that might explain why some people might not know who they are. It's all good though besides discussing setlists people can find out about bands they weren't aware of before.
I'll agree to that, and I don't really care that much, it just seems like they are a rather well known band.
You should all go listen to them. Right now.
Go download or buy History of Time to Come.

And the post before that, I don't really understand it. Especially the first sentence.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:

And the post before that, I don't really understand it. Especially the first sentence.
I was just trying to say sometimes it seems like alot of people hate the new Slayer and the New Metallica I dont get why everyone has to hate it. I know you didnt say anything about Metallica but they are another band with people that dont like the new stuff.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I'll agree to that, and I don't really care that much, it just seems like they are a rather well known band.
You should all go listen to them. Right now.
Go download or buy History of Time to Come.

Ok i'll see if i can find anything from them. I do know who Andy Sneap is. He's done some good production work. Especially with Nevermore's "This Godless Endeavor"
Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashTheWolves View Post
I was just trying to say sometimes it seems like alot of people hate the new Slayer and the New Metallica I dont get why everyone has to hate it. I know you didnt say anything about Metallica but they are another band with people that dont like the new stuff.
New Slayer sucks, not because people don't like them but because they are no longer a thrash band, they have become egotistical assholes and I could easily confuse their new shit with new lame bands like Children of Bodom, Lamb of God or Slipknot (I realize they don't actually sound too much like those bands, but they are of the same caliber of modern shitty metal.)

Metallica hasn't made a good album since Master of Puppets, although Death Magnetic sucked less than the ones before it.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Metallica hasn't made a good album since Master of Puppets
What? Did you forget about And Justice For All?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
What? Did you forget about And Justice For All?
It's not bad, but it's no Kill 'Em All.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
New Slayer sucks, not because people don't like them but because they are no longer a thrash band, they have become egotistical assholes and I could easily confuse their new shit with new lame bands like Children of Bodom, Lamb of God or Slipknot (I realize they don't actually sound too much like those bands, but they are of the same caliber of modern shitty metal.)

Metallica hasn't made a good album since Master of Puppets, although Death Magnetic sucked less than the ones before it.
All the bands you said are lame I like and one of them I like better than Slayer.

All Metallica is good. Well not all Metallica most of load sucks and so does st anger. Belive it or not there are people that started to hate Metallica after lightning.

Quote:
It's not bad, but it's no Kill 'Em All.
I like justice better than Kill Em All.

Last edited by UnleashTheWolves; 09-01-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Tags
danzig, slayer