Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashTheWolves View Post
I read they were together from 85-91 and didnt do anything for 15years that can decrease a bands popularity.
At least they knew when to call it quits after a shitty album, unlike Slayer who continued to released boring mainstream shit for 15 years.

And it's not like Sabbat are some super underground band, they seem to be common knowledge amongst most metalheads.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
UnleashTheWolves's Avatar
UnleashTheWolves UnleashTheWolves is offline
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere In Time
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
At least they knew when to call it quits after a shitty album, unlike Slayer who continued to released boring mainstream shit for 15 years.
Do people hate new Slayer and new Metallica because alot of other people do and you have to be like them. Yes old Slayer is the best and they will never release another album Like Seasons or the albums before it but the new stuff is still good just not as good as the old stuff. Old Metallica is better than the new Metallica but the new stuff is still good. Its still better than all modern metal bands out there.
__________________
Driving down the darkness Stricken by the madness Praying for forgiveness While you play god (with my life)

Last edited by UnleashTheWolves; 09-01-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
How the hell do people not know who Sabbat is.
Sorry man but everyone can't be into every band or know of them all. There's just way too many out there. Seriously i've never heard of them. I did look them up though and it looks like they were broken up for a long while so that might explain why some people might not know who they are. It's all good though besides discussing setlists people can find out about bands they weren't aware of before.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Sorry man but everyone can't be into every band or know of them all. There's just way too many out there. Seriously i've never heard of them. I did look them up though and it looks like they were broken up for a long while so that might explain why some people might not know who they are. It's all good though besides discussing setlists people can find out about bands they weren't aware of before.
I'll agree to that, and I don't really care that much, it just seems like they are a rather well known band.
You should all go listen to them. Right now.
Go download or buy History of Time to Come.

And the post before that, I don't really understand it. Especially the first sentence.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
UnleashTheWolves's Avatar
UnleashTheWolves UnleashTheWolves is offline
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere In Time
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
.

And the post before that, I don't really understand it. Especially the first sentence.
I was just trying to say sometimes it seems like alot of people hate the new Slayer and the New Metallica I dont get why everyone has to hate it. I know you didnt say anything about Metallica but they are another band with people that dont like the new stuff.
__________________
Driving down the darkness Stricken by the madness Praying for forgiveness While you play god (with my life)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
I'll agree to that, and I don't really care that much, it just seems like they are a rather well known band.
You should all go listen to them. Right now.
Go download or buy History of Time to Come.

And the post before that, I don't really understand it. Especially the first sentence.
Ok i'll see if i can find anything from them. I do know who Andy Sneap is. He's done some good production work. Especially with Nevermore's "This Godless Endeavor"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashTheWolves View Post
I was just trying to say sometimes it seems like alot of people hate the new Slayer and the New Metallica I dont get why everyone has to hate it. I know you didnt say anything about Metallica but they are another band with people that dont like the new stuff.
New Slayer sucks, not because people don't like them but because they are no longer a thrash band, they have become egotistical assholes and I could easily confuse their new shit with new lame bands like Children of Bodom, Lamb of God or Slipknot (I realize they don't actually sound too much like those bands, but they are of the same caliber of modern shitty metal.)

Metallica hasn't made a good album since Master of Puppets, although Death Magnetic sucked less than the ones before it.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Metallica hasn't made a good album since Master of Puppets
What? Did you forget about And Justice For All?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
What? Did you forget about And Justice For All?
It's not bad, but it's no Kill 'Em All.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
UnleashTheWolves's Avatar
UnleashTheWolves UnleashTheWolves is offline
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere In Time
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
New Slayer sucks, not because people don't like them but because they are no longer a thrash band, they have become egotistical assholes and I could easily confuse their new shit with new lame bands like Children of Bodom, Lamb of God or Slipknot (I realize they don't actually sound too much like those bands, but they are of the same caliber of modern shitty metal.)

Metallica hasn't made a good album since Master of Puppets, although Death Magnetic sucked less than the ones before it.
All the bands you said are lame I like and one of them I like better than Slayer.

All Metallica is good. Well not all Metallica most of load sucks and so does st anger. Belive it or not there are people that started to hate Metallica after lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
It's not bad, but it's no Kill 'Em All.
I like justice better than Kill Em All.
__________________
Driving down the darkness Stricken by the madness Praying for forgiveness While you play god (with my life)

Last edited by UnleashTheWolves; 09-01-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danzig, slayer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008