Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Old 08-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Metallifan

AC/DC -- Winnipeg, MB -- August 22nd, 2009

Possibly the best show I have ever seen. I was on the floor in row 27. Here is an atricle on the show I found on a local review site:

Yeah, I know it's only August. Yeah, I know Metallica are coming.

No, I haven't forgotten the Costello and Coldplay shows. But let's be honest: When it comes to big-ass, barn-burning, blow-your-face-off rock spectacle, it's hard to beat AC/DC. And when you put AC/DC in a sold-out Canad Inns Stadium on one of the few reasonably warm, sunny and dry Saturdays of the summer, well, it doesn't get better than that. If you don't believe me, ask the 41,000 crazed fans of all shapes, sizes and ages who were lucky enough to get tickets -- and the thousands more who wished they had.

Yep, everybody loves AC/DC, including The Big Rock God Upstairs and his old lady Mother Nature, judging by the weather. Why? Because AC/DC are the most dependable band in the universe. Other acts come and go, rise and fall, but the Aussie rockers never change, never grow up, never wimp out. You buy one of their CDs or concert tickets, you know exactly what you're getting: A hearty portion of meat-and-potatoes guitar-rock. It's the musical comfort food they've dished out since your Dad dug them. And when they served it again last night, the crowd ate it up.

Mounting their ginormous stage at the south end of the field just after sunset -- and after a lascivious cartoon involving a runaway train full of hotties -- the band made a literally explosive entrance, blasting out their recent single Rock N Roll Train in front of a full-size, smoke-belching, spark-spewing locomotive.Flanked by massive vertical video screens and illuminated by a gigantic, arcing canopy of lights, the men of Acca Dacca then proceeded to do what they were put on this planet to do: Crank out classic riff-rockers at full volume and full blast while entertaining the hell out of all concerned (while working harder than guys of their age and income need to).

Granted, if you've seen one concert, you've seen them all. Including this one. Everything and everyone was the same as last time and the time before that -- as if the band had been frozen after their last tour and thawed for this one. Brian Johnson -- the old man at 61 -- was sporting his ever-present snap-brim cap, black sleeveless shirt and jeans, and lumbered and minced around the stage and out on a crazy-long catwalk, caterwauling like a rabid polecat with its tail in a trap. Schoolboy-togged lead guitarist Angus Young -- the baby at 54, despite his receding hairline -- was a sweaty wee Tasmanian devil, pumping his legs and bobbing his head, seldom glancing at his signature Gibson SG as he peeled off blistering solos on autopilot. His taciturn elder brother and rhythm guitarist Malcolm was firmly rooted to the right flank of rock-solid drummer Phil Rudd's bare-bones kit, with bassist Cliff Williams holding down the left side -- except on the occasions when the duo would march 10 steps forward to bark a backup vocal and then retreat.

Aside from the train gag and a handful of cuts from last year's megaselling Black Ice, the show was pretty much an amalgam of previous tours.

Following an encore of Highway to Hell, the show was slated to close with the anthemic For Those About to Rock (We Salute You), punctuated as always with a fusillade from stage-mounted cannons.

And barring some sort of mishap involving the space-time continuum, you can bet the farm that's exactly what happened.

Setlist

Rock N' Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Big Jack
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Shot Down in Flames
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hells Bells
Shoot to Thrill
War Machine
Dog Eat Dog
Anything Goes
You Shook Me All Night Long
T.N.T.
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock

Encore:
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

A bit more variety please.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyekantspele View Post
No, I haven't forgotten the Costello and Coldplay shows.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Metallifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
Yeah, I had no part in writing that article.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

We believe you

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
A bit more variety please.
I don't mind the set. If they wanna do something different like If You Want Blood You've Got It, Rock N Roll Damnation or Sin City that would be cool. At least they're still playing 20 songs a night and giving the people a quality set. HAABPTB is cool just because of the riff but I could go without DED they could put a better rarity in it's place.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-24-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I don't mind the set. If they wanna do something different like If You Want Blood You've Got It, Rock N Roll Damnation or Sin City that would be cool. At least they're still playing 20 songs a night and giving the people a quality set. HAABPTB is cool just because of the riff but I could go without DED they could put a better rarity in it's place.
agreed....I would like to see at this second tour of the US to drop say "Anything Goes" and "Big jack" and even something else old instead of "Dog Eat Dog"..... how about an odd old one from Brian's era..anything new from "For Those about to rock" would be great..."Sin City" would be cool, old and something people would know....and then how about something really out there..."Kicked in the Teeth", "Rocker", "Walk All Over You", or "Problem Child" which would probably go down really great with the crowd....I never see that here in the US setlists.....
Old 08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggus View Post
agreed....I would like to see at this second tour of the US to drop say "Anything Goes" and "Big jack" and even something else old instead of "Dog Eat Dog"..... how about an odd old one from Brian's era..anything new from "For Those about to rock" would be great..."Sin City" would be cool, old and something people would know....and then how about something really out there..."Kicked in the Teeth", "Rocker", "Walk All Over You", or "Problem Child" which would probably go down really great with the crowd....I never see that here in the US setlists.....
They don't ever really seem to bust out any rare stuff from Brian's era too much at all. Which would be cool. They need to keep Big Jack since they're supporting Black Ice still and BJ is classic AC/DC if you ask me. I don't hate Anything Goes like a lot of people do i think it's a good song. But they should switch it up with something else from the new one. I would love to hear them do Spolin' For A Fight in that spot instead.

Tags
ac/dc