Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 PM
N00B

1 1/2 HOUR STANDARD

I WAS AT THE SHOW AT RED ROCKS AND THEY SOUNDED GREAT. DIO IS AN UNBELIEVEABLE SINGER. THE SETLIST IS SHORT BUT THEY STILL PLAYED THE STANDARD FOR MOST BANDS 1 1/2 HOURS. (EVERYBODY BUT RUSH, EAGLES, SATRIANI AND PAUL MCCARTNEY) THEY CHANGED A FEW SONGS IN THE SET FROM THE PREVIOUS TOURS WHICH IS GOOD. I SAW PRIEST A COUPLE OF NIGHTS EARLIER WHERE WHITESNAKE ONLY PLAYED 4 SONGS DUE TO COVERDALES THROAT. PREIST ONLY PLAYED 1 1/2 HOURS. THEY SHOULD HAVE PLAYED AN EXTRA 30 MINUTES FOR THE FANS BUT THEY STUCK TO THEIR SETLIST!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength View Post
weak opener in coheed & cambria??
I Think it's an odd pairing (classic Metal, slower, doomy, DIO VS progressive, sometimes all over the place wit an acquired taste for Claudio's singing), but I don't think C&C would be a weak opener at all.

Sanitarium78 and PowerMaiden both make some pretty good points about this touring, output and the like tho.

I personally am waiting closer to the event for tickets, and it certainly seems like Columbia, MD's Merriweather tix will be easy to get.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Headbanger

Coheed and Cambria fucking suck. enough said.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-17-2009, 12:34 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun -Yaur View Post
I WAS AT THE SHOW AT RED ROCKS AND THEY SOUNDED GREAT. DIO IS AN UNBELIEVEABLE SINGER. THE SETLIST IS SHORT BUT THEY STILL PLAYED THE STANDARD FOR MOST BANDS 1 1/2 HOURS. (EVERYBODY BUT RUSH, EAGLES, SATRIANI AND PAUL MCCARTNEY) THEY CHANGED A FEW SONGS IN THE SET FROM THE PREVIOUS TOURS WHICH IS GOOD. I SAW PRIEST A COUPLE OF NIGHTS EARLIER WHERE WHITESNAKE ONLY PLAYED 4 SONGS DUE TO COVERDALES THROAT. PREIST ONLY PLAYED 1 1/2 HOURS. THEY SHOULD HAVE PLAYED AN EXTRA 30 MINUTES FOR THE FANS BUT THEY STUCK TO THEIR SETLIST!
RIVETING TALE, CHAP
Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun -Yaur View Post
Hey bro, there's a key on you pad that says "Caps Lock" make sure that's off next time you post unless for whatever reason you're trying to be forcefull with your point. I know that with Sabbath 90 mins has always been the standard set time. If you cut out the needless drum solo and the pointless 10 minute jam in the middle of HNH then you can get 3 more songs that's what my complaints are really about. Plus this maybe the last time this lineup plays together so why not go all out and play longer because they may not get the opportunity to play these songs together ever again.

Also, 90 minutes wasn't always the standard for live shows. I'm 31 and I remember when i first started going to shows in the early 90's it was standard for a rock or metal band to give you at least something close to the 2 hour range. I don't know why in recent years 90 mins or less has become the standard for a headline act but it's giving the fans less of a show and charging them more money for it and it sucks because fans deserve more when they go to see someone who's got the material to play longer and don't do it.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-17-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

It may be because of the promoter paradigm shift of
"Let's get a couple bands that fans of the headliner would like"
to
"LETS GET A BUNCH OF BANDS, DIVERSIFY SO THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE."
ie. a bunch of shit I don't want to see, cut all of the sets shorter to fit everything.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
to
ie. a bunch of shit I don't want to see, cut all of the sets shorter to fit everything.
absolutely. I saw a bunch of people around me at the LA show who were enjoying C&C and didn't even move during the Heaven And Hell set. Thats what happens when they put two bands totally different in genre as well as seniority, on the same bill.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
to
That does make sense. The festival mentality seems to have taken over everywhere now and I'm not sure it's good for the bands or not. Look at DevilDrivers tour there's 5 hours of bands who suck before DD comes out and then they only get only a fuckin hour to play? I'm not huge on DD but I do like them and they deserve more time as a headliner.

C&C is deffinately a strange opener for HNH. Musically C&C is allright but the singer has one of the most annoying voices i've ever heard. I couldn't believe it when I looked up C&C and found out they have 2 gold records in the U.S. and TDYK has only sold 70,000 copies what the fuck is going on?

Tags
heaven and hell