Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Since my first metal show in 2005, I've seen Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, and (unfortunately) Trivium four times each. Oh, hey, neat, never noticed that - three of those bands (Amon Amarth, Trivium, and CoB) WERE the aforementioned first metal show...

CoB will be 5 times next month, and Ensiferum should be 4x in November.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Complete tool

As far as touring bands go I've seen KISS 11 times, Maiden 11 times as well. I know I've seen Motorhead at least 6 times, Priest about 6 or 7. I'm sure I've Agnostic Front, Murphy's Law and Cro-Mags at least 20 times a piece. Then I am sad to say that the 2 bands I've probably have seen more than any other are The Casuaties (at least 40 times) and The N.Y Relix (at leat 40-50 times).
Old 08-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Mastodon-3
Thy Will Be Done-3 [this band is alright they just keep showing up at shows i go to]
The Black Dahlia Murder-2
God Forbid-2
The Red Chord-2
Children Of Bodom-2
Emmure-2[Sadly i fucking hate this band]
Suicide Silence-2
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 08-23-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:33 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Grateful Dead, 2,350 times maaaaaann
Old 08-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
did you only see half of the set.
No, it was that show where only the lower halves of each of the members turned up. They'd had an accident on the highway.

Surgery was successfully performed after the show and each band member turned up complete for the next show on the tour. Minimal scarring too. It was a remarkable feat of medicine, really.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
No, it was that show where only the lower halves of each of the members turned up. They'd had an accident on the highway.

Surgery was successfully performed after the show and each band member turned up complete for the next show on the tour. Minimal scarring too. It was a remarkable feat of medicine, really.

Opeth is my most times with five. Clutch and some other more local bands I've seen four times.

My biggest never-seens are Slayer, Metallica, and any bands or solo artists from or related acts to 1970s prog. Fuck.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Biggest never-seens for me, apart from the obvious like Zeppelin, Waylon Jennings and Hendrix, is probably... I don't know... Queen, Anthrax, Bruce Dickinson and Scorpions.

I've seen Maiden (2), Priest (2), Crue (2), GN'R, Purple (4), Ozzy, H&H (3), Aerosmith (2), AC/DC, Alice Cooper (4), Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Metallica (3), Slayer, Megadeth (3), KISS, Dream Theater (4), Queensryche (3), Slipknot (2), Bryan Adams (2 - that's right, fuck you), Bon Jovi, Alice In Chains (2), The Cult.

That's in terms of stature, though. Biggest never-seens for me personally would be: Children of Bodom, Corrosion of Conformity, Days of The New, Dark Angel, Kreator, Flotsam & Jetsam, Forsaken, Godsmack, Green Carnation, The Hoax, King's X, Richie Kotzen (rectifying in October), Yngwie Malmsteen, Molly Hatchet, Gary Moore, My Dying Bride, Axel Rudi Pell, Brainstorm (rectifying in September), Symphorce, The Quill, Rage Against The Machine, Savatage, Stevie Salas, MSG, Sixx:A.M., Spiritual Beggars, Ray Wilson/Stiltskin, Swallow The Sun (December), Pentagram, Brian Vander Ark, Venom, Witchery, Y&T, Rob Zombie.

And now won't ever see: Rainbow, Pantera, Reverend Bizarre, Slash's Snakepit (although maybe some stuff on Slash's solo tour?), Talisman, White Zombie.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 08-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Grateful Dead, 420 times maaaaaann
Fixed.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I've seen Maiden 4 times (05, 06, 08, 09) so they win. Although I plan to triple that number on the '10/'11 tour. Saving up to see every east coast US and eastern Canada show in '10 (presumably this is when they'll do North America). And then, going by what Bruce has said from the stage, a couple south eastern US dates in '11 and hopefully Costa Rica and Equador (assuming they play those two countries again, if not I'll probably hit up Brazil).

Some runners up would be Megadeth 3 times, Sabbath 3 times (soon to be 4), Motorhead 2 times (soon to be 3).

Biggest never-seens for me are Rush, Ozzy, Dio, and Slayer when it comes to the legends. Personal never-seens include Blind Guardian, Agalloch, Immortal, Enslaved, and Saxon.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg

Last edited by IrritatedTrout; 08-16-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
That's in terms of stature, though.
Yeah, that was a mistake I made listing the ones I did. My personal never-seen list that I'd like to take care of is as follows:

Amon Amarth, Arcade Fire, Atheist, Danzig, Explosions in the Sky, Helloween, Immortal, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, King Diamond, Metallica (I'm blowing off this tour even though it stops in Indianapolis because I hate Lamb of God that fucking much), My Dying Bride, Peter Gabriel, Pig Destroyer, Pink Floyd (okay, so David Gilmour or Roger Waters solo ), Savatage (okay, so Circle II Circle or Jon Oliva's Pain ), Slayer (I've blown a dozen chances because I've hated the openers/setlists, so who knows when this will happen), Slough Feg, Yes (only if Jon Anderson is singing, that's why I skipped last time)