Follow the Tears
Die Young
Heaven & Hell

Country Girl (first verse)
Neon Knights
Old 08-16-2009, 08:47 AM
N00B

thanks for setlist

this was a pretty awesome show, thought the setlist was a bit short.
one thing that struck me though was how few people were there.
so many empty seats --it was unbelievable!
never seen it that empty before!
red rocks amphitheater seats about 9500 people; i think it was only about 1/3 full last night. nearly the entire GA section (the entire back half of the amphitheater) was empty.
there were a number of other shows in denver earlier this week (Judas Priest, Staind, etc)...but it's still hard for me to believe that this show didn't sell more tickets.
the economy?
weak opener in coheed & cambria??
Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength View Post
this was a pretty awesome show, thought the setlist was a bit short.
one thing that struck me though was how few people were there.
so many empty seats --it was unbelievable!
never seen it that empty before!
red rocks amphitheater seats about 9500 people; i think it was only about 1/3 full last night. nearly the entire GA section (the entire back half of the amphitheater) was empty.
there were a number of other shows in denver earlier this week (Judas Priest, Staind, etc)...but it's still hard for me to believe that this show didn't sell more tickets.
the economy?
weak opener in coheed & cambria??
Its sabbath i wouldnt think they would have many empty seats.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Headbanger

Empty seats? thats weird. It was full here for the LA show. Greek Theatre seats close to 10,000 too.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Concert Veteran

There's been some talk of this on the Sabbath message boards. There are venue's in the US that aren't selling too well. I think it's becasue HNH has toured 2 summers in a row before this and people have already seen them and don't really care to now. Not too many acts tour North America three summers in a row. Also the short and limitted set plays into it with the exception of the 3 new songs(they need to play a few more off TDYK if you ask me) the set is the same. I know they wanna make room for the new songs but dropping songs like the all mighty Computer God and Sign Of The Southern Cross are a big NO in my book. I know with Sab/HNH their shows are always about the quality of what they play not the quanity but believe it or not their are a decent ammount of fans who aren't seeing them this tour just becasue the set is rather short and limitted song wise. When the dedicated fans are turned off by that and won't attend shows the band really needs to change something up. Plus their is no promotion at all for the album anywhere and that really isn't the bands fault but they probably shouldn't have signed with Rhino records to release TDYK.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 08-16-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

The bay area show was moved from the San Jose State event center arena to the Warfield in SF about a month before the show. They are about an hour apart.
According to Wikipedia, the event center has 5,000 seats and the Warfield holds 2,300. Not exactly a good sign.

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Empty seats? thats weird. It was full here for the LA show. Greek Theatre seats close to 10,000 too.
5,870 seated / 5,900 general admission.

Last edited by TonyD; 08-16-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:30 PM
N00B

The Greek had sections tarped over with camoflauge and potted plants to blend in with the natural scenery. Before the Pretenders show I might go to the army surplus store, wrap myself up in a sheet and just roll in off the hill.

The current numbers are about what the Dehumanizer tour was doing so they had a pretty good the last few years. Playing all these places right after Priest (who offered a unique show) when last year it was on the same ticket can't really help either.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I know the GA pit tickets for the Merriweather in Baltimore aren't sold out yet and it's a pretty small pit. Judas Priest is the same story though, having GA still available makes me think attendance will be abysmal but maybe there are a lot of old geezers who decided to buy seats in the pavilion instead. Either way, a week from now I'll be on the rail and I'll personally make sure, despite ticket sales, that the Sabbs know there is still some love for them in this area.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

don't get me wrong, these guys are all metal icons, but no way in hell I would go see 'em with such a short set, it's a joke really, it's even a shitty set considering that SOTSC is dropped from previous shows they did, plus they are even able to put a drum solo in there : ridiculous, that's why people are not going if you ask me...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
don't get me wrong, these guys are all metal icons, but no way in hell I would go see 'em with such a short set, it's a joke really, it's even a shitty set considering that SOTSC is dropped from previous shows they did, plus they are even able to put a drum solo in there : ridiculous, that's why people are not going if you ask me...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
If they were playing my town I would go just to hear the new stuff but i'm not traveling anywhere to see it. It's just too short. I saw them in 07 and it was fantastic but last year they came here(without Priest BTW) and i passed because they dropped Computer God and Southern Cross and just added Time Machine in it's place. I have no problem with the song I just felt I was getting less and I passed. It's Iommi's call with the set though. I know if Dio had a say the set would be more adventurous. Dio always plays the standard stuff solo but he always busts out some rare stuff from his solo career and even Rainbow stuff. Dio's last solo tour he was doing about 18 songs I think so I know that the short set isn't his fault.

Tags
heaven and hell