Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-13-2009, 07:26 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I knew you where at the Hartford show. I was just stating my views on the performance that i witnessed in Mansfield and i doubt Slayer was bad at Hartford.
Slayer were fucking great in Hartford. But to be completely honest, I felt a little disappointed, like I was expecting more. But it could have that I was just really freakin' tired, especially after going apeshit for Behemoth earlier in the day and Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, and Killswitch pretty much back to back before Slayer. Dead Skin Mask, South Of Heaven, and Raining Blood were amazing though.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon1160 View Post
i was at hatrord ct.... and maybe they did do good at the mansfield show, idk wasn't
there.
I was at the mansfield show and slayer was really good, but not perfect they had minor sound problems for all of 30 seconds, and most of the crowd rushed to the seats to get closer, so there wasnt much moshing. I agree with what your saying while I thought slayer was sick(good enough for me to get a shirt) they were not the best band(on that day) I thought trivium, and ATR were perfect, so was CC but im not a big fan. I also relize that seeing a band for 45 min at mayhem isnt the same as 2 hours on a headlining show in an arena, or club, I saw slipknot at mayhem last year and they were sick, but nothing compares to the all hope is gone tour I saw at the tsongas arena. I was blown away and I think slayer would be much better on a show like that

Last edited by pantera1115; 08-13-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera1115 View Post
I was at the mansfield show and slayer was really good, but not perfect they had minor sound problems for all of 30 seconds, and most of the crowd rushed to the seats to get closer, so there wasnt much moshing. I agree with what your saying while I thought slayer was sick(good enough for me to get a shirt) they were not the best band(on that day) I thought trivium, and ATR were perfect, so was CC but im not a big fan. I also relize that seeing a band for 45 min at mayhem isnt the same as 2 hours on a headlining show in an arena, or club, I saw slipknot at mayhem last year and they were sick, but nothing compares to the all hope is gone tour I saw at the tsongas arena. I was blown away and I think slayer would be much better on a show like that
dude, trivium is sick live. i was at the tsongas arena for the all hope is gone tour as well, trivium stole the show in my opinion.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
dude, trivium is sick live. i was at the tsongas arena for the all hope is gone tour as well, trivium stole the show in my opinion.
Nah I think thats pushing it saying trivium are better live then slipknot, but your entitled to that opinion, I also didnt see trivium that day for I was stuck in traffic, I was pissed the only other band I saw that day was coheed and cambria and they made my want to kill my self. Im seeing trivium, and chimaira at the palladium in worcester MA in november, that should be awsome
Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Nah I think thats pushing it saying trivium are better live then slipknot, but your entitled to that opinion, I also didnt see trivium that day for I was stuck in traffic, I was pissed the only other band I saw that day was coheed and cambria and they made my want to kill my self. Im seeing trivium, and chimaira at the palladium in worcester MA in november, that should be awsome
dude... trust me i never really got into trivium until that night. trivium was the shit. they put on a better show than they did at mayhem. but yeah, its opinion i guess. coheed was definitely atrocious... i thought that god forsaking set would never end! also, idk if you have seen chimaira before but you will not be dissappointed. i saw them earlier this year with kse and they sounded great (but they didn't play nothing remains though ). it was a sick show.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I am not trying to be a douche but I am the only who thought Trivium was awful live. Granted i hate them on disc but even without the biast i thought they fucking sucked and their set felt like it lasted 1 hr. IMO Coheed and Cambria is a great band and a great live band i didnt go to the Slipknot Show at Tsongas but when i saw Coheed in 06 they tore it up.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 AM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
dude... trust me i never really got into trivium until that night. trivium was the shit. they put on a better show than they did at mayhem. but yeah, its opinion i guess. coheed was definitely atrocious... i thought that god forsaking set would never end! also, idk if you have seen chimaira before but you will not be dissappointed. i saw them earlier this year with kse and they sounded great (but they didn't play nothing remains though ). it was a sick show.
ya actually this will be my 4th time seeing chimaira, two of the most memorable shows iv seen included them. I saw them with all that remains, and divine heresy, and then again at the music as a weapon tour witch I think is the best combo of bands iv ever seen(Disturbed,KSE,Chimaira)
Old 08-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
and then again at the music as a weapon tour witch I think is the best combo of bands iv ever seen(Disturbed,KSE,Chimaira)

Wow, not trying to be a dick but that's kinda sad if those 3 were the best show you've ever seen. I have Chimaira so far over the other 2 live it isn't even funny. Last time I saw Disturbed they played 3 songs in a row that had the same exact tempo, just different lyrics. At this point they're 1 step up from Staind to me. I have 2 words for Disturbed... Divine Heresy.

There are more time changes in the 1st song on the new Divine Heresy than the entire last Disturbed cd.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I dig Disturbed but they can get a little boring. The Sickness is fantastic Believe and Indestcrutible are both good. Ten Thousand Fists had a few songs but the rest of it sucked. Awesome Live Band though they killed it at Mayhem last year.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I dig Disturbed but they can get a little boring. The Sickness is fantastic Believe and Indestcrutible are both good. Ten Thousand Fists had a few songs but the rest of it sucked. Awesome Live Band though they killed it at Mayhem last year.
i don't really listen to disturbed but i do love seeing them live.

Tags
behemoth, cannibal corpse, slayer, trivium