Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Dream Theater -- Albany, NY -- August 4th, 2009

Source: Prog Nation forum, don't have link on-hand.

01.A Nightmare to Remember
02.A Rite of Passage
03.Hollow Years
04.Erotomania
05.Voices
06.Prophets of War
07.The Count of Tuscany
Encore:
08.Metropolis Pt. 1

Well, this is good. This is the exact same set list I saw this past Friday, so the fact that it has come up now means I probably won't get stuck seeing it again this Friday. I also assume the band will take into account that Philly and Asbury Park are close enough that there will be a lot of repeat people in attendance, and make sure the sets are different.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Concert Veteran

I like that they do a different set each ngiht but I didn't pay attention to the sets at last years Prog Nation tour were they as short as they're doing now or is there another reason?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
N00B

hmmm....

6 or 7 great albums and you get a show with 8 songs as the setlist? Yes, I realize Dream Theater plays long songs, it's not about the hits,there are 3 support acts, blah blah blah. But if that were me at that show and that is the setlist i saw I probably would have ran out of the venue and set the Dream theater bus on fire out of sheer anger and frustration.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyizz View Post
6 or 7 great albums and you get a show with 8 songs as the setlist? Yes, I realize Dream Theater plays long songs, it's not about the hits,there are 3 support acts, blah blah blah. But if that were me at that show and that is the setlist i saw I probably would have ran out of the venue and set the Dream theater bus on fire out of sheer anger and frustration.
I understand how you feel about that. When I saw them 2 years ago they played 2 hours still. They're set times are kinda screwed up. I checked on their web page and their set time at most of the venues has got them starting at 9:20. If they're playing a place who's curfew is like 11 or 1130 then that would explain the short time. In Europe right before this they were playing 2 hours maybe it's just the set times for this tour that's messing the length up. As much as i love them they also kinda do it to themselves by having so many long songs. It can really paint them into a corner live a lot of the time.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Optic

I think the real problem is that they've convinced themselves that their opening bands need so much time. While I like all of the opening bands, I could do with 30-40 minutes each. According to their website, for most shows, Zappa Plays Zappa goes on at 7:35, and they go on at 9:20. That's an almost 2 hour gap, meaning that Zappa plays for well over an hour. I really, really, reall doubt that the majority of people attending wouldn't just rather see DT play a longer set.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
N00B

worst lineup

such a bummer they brought these awful no fan bands on this tour. none of these guys even zappa's kid can sell out the bathroom of the venues booked and it is hurting them in some markets. Im going to the vegas show but late as I would rather lose money on the tables than listen to this crap.

Tags
dream theater