Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Headbanger

Good points. You know what else. Picture being in a band on stage, playing your ass off and seeing an entire crowd sitting. How disrespectful is that?

I'll be going to shows for the rest of my life. If I'm 60 and Slayer does a reunion tour, I'll be there. I may have a bad hip or sit during a song like Dead Skin Mask but when I hear the opening riff to Angel of Death I'll be up and "acting like a monkey" like Geddy McScrote said.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Good points. You know what else. Picture being in a band on stage, playing your ass off and seeing an entire crowd sitting. How disrespectful is that?

I'll be going to shows for the rest of my life. If I'm 60 and Slayer does a reunion tour, I'll be there. I may have a bad hip or sit during a song like Dead Skin Mask but when I hear the opening riff to Angel of Death I'll be up and "acting like a monkey" like Geddy McScrote said.
Slayer
You re so cool

Last edited by snowdog2112; 08-04-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:08 AM
N00B

Quote:
I think if I was 60 and at a slayer show, there heads would be in glass jars onstage a la futurama.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
Slayer
You re so cool
Wow, you might be the bigest douche bag in the history of the internet. I'm picturing a cross between George Castanza and Richard Simmons. C'mon, post a pic so we can see how close I am.

Just to educate you a little my 1st concert was Rush on the Caress of Steel tour opening for Kiss on the Dressed to Kill tour. At the time Kiss blew Rush off the stage to me. I only knew 3 Rush songs, Working Man, In The End and Fly by Night but I knew every word to She, Hotter than Hell, Black Diamond, Firehouse, Strutter, etc.

As I grew older I appreciated Rush much more and Kiss became an afterthought when I got into Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Accept and Triumph. Then came Metallica who changed everything and opened me up to a whole new world of music including Slayer who penned the best album of all time Reign in Blood.

Just because you're closed minded and trapped in 1975 doesn't mean we all are By-Snore. Seriously would you sit during Natural Science? Or Xanadu?

Let me guess you're jammin REO Fagwagon as we speak. Time to roll with the changes dude and grow a pair. hahahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
N00B

I am not closed minded but I let people who buy a concert ticket the freewill to do whatever they want to seeing its their hard earned money that paid for it.And not be a dickhead and crybaby and complain that they just sat there Boo fucking who. And FYI I have seen concerts from Rush to Return To Forever to Nevermore to Queen etc. I dont just listen to metal and think its the be end all.I least have varying taste in music.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
N00B

Quote:
I am not closed minded but I let people who buy a concert ticket the freewill to do whatever they want to seeing its their hard earned money that paid for it.And not be a dickhead and crybaby and complain that they just sat there Boo fucking who. And FYI I have seen concerts from Rush to Return To Forever to Nevermore to Queen etc. I dont just listen to metal and think its the be end all.I least have varying taste in music.
You're from Buffalo, we don't care what you think. Went to a DF concert up there, everyone was standing there like "Hey, this is nice." And I'm the only one banging my head and singing along. Learn to live, losers.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
What does everyone have to stand and jump around like a bunch of monkeys
Some people cant stand for long periods of time. Maybe people are there to listen and see the band.To each his own and if people are sitting by me and one asshole has to stand dam right I am gonna tell him to sit his ass down.
Nice contradiction. 1st you're telling people to sit down and stop acting like monkeys and now you're letting them be because they paid. Thanks for making my original point for me. It's all good Bro.

I don't have a problem with people sitting during songs or doing whatever just don't try to tell me to sit that's all. My buddy just saw Dream Theater and said the whole place was sitting down and MANY people were being told to sit. Normally the wanna-be musicians just stand there with their arms crossed and critique every solo or drum fill but at this place my buddy stood up to jam out and was barraged by these posers. Then they boo the band because they don't play Pull Me Under or Metropolis. Classic. As if I need another reason never to see Dream Theater again...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Nice contradiction. 1st you're telling people to sit down and stop acting like monkeys and now you're letting them be because they paid. Thanks for making my original point for me. It's all good Bro.

I don't have a problem with people sitting during songs or doing whatever just don't try to tell me to sit that's all. My buddy just saw Dream Theater and said the whole place was sitting down and MANY people were being told to sit. Normally the wanna-be musicians just stand there with their arms crossed and critique every solo or drum fill but at this place my buddy stood up to jam out and was barraged by these posers. Then they boo the band because they don't play Pull Me Under or Metropolis. Classic. As if I need another reason never to see Dream Theater again...
Totally agree with you. I bought tickets for Alice Cooper yesterday and the website said 'General Admission - standing allowed' . Thank goodness!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Totally agree with you. I bought tickets for Alice Cooper yesterday and the website said 'General Admission - standing allowed' . Thank goodness!
when and where are they playing!?!?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
when and where are they playing!?!?
no LA show. 3 nights in vegas. october 23-25. i got night-3 cos thats my birthday too

Tags
journey