Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM
N00B

would love to see them play "Feeling that way/Anytime". that's always been my favorite journey song
Old 08-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
You're a douche bag. Seriously. If you want to sit, but a dvd and stay your ass home. I'll drop a fool before I'll sit down like a sheep. How can anyone listen to Journey and sit down? Why bother? What a stupid thing to say.

I had some needledick bugfucker tell me to sit at a Tool show. His vag leaked all the way to an usher who said I was blocking his view. I told the usher this is a concert not an opera or ballet and he agreed with me and told the sword swallower to STFU!
Cool story

Having seats for rock and metal shows is lame. I don't blame the people for buying seats, I blame the organisers to hold shows in such places. In my opinion it should be front GA and back GA. Thats it thank you very much. No need for seats. I know what people would say to this. 'But oh we never actually sit. We stand the whole time', which makes it even lamer to have seats. They take up a lot of space and most of the people don't even use them. You can double the capacity by removing those seats.
For example, the crowd setting for an AC/DC show should always be like the one in Madrid on the No Bull DVD. NOT like the one at the LA Forum last December

BTW I'm not a journey fan but I checked this thread because my friend Robert went to this show (he's the one who started this thread).
Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
N00B

Also surprised they didn't play Only The Young or Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'.
Dead Or Alive is a pretty good "heavy" song from Journey you don't hear much.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Did Deen Castronovo sing Mother Father?
yes he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
What does everyone have to stand and jump around like a bunch of monkeys
Some people cant stand for long periods of time. Maybe people are there to listen and see the band.To each his own and if people are sitting by me and one asshole has to stand dam right I am gonna tell him to sit his ass down.
and i will politely say back "Fuck You"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I had some needledick bugfucker tell me to sit at a Tool show. His vag leaked all the way to an usher who said I was blocking his view. I told the usher this is a concert not an opera or ballet and he agreed with me and told the sword swallower to STFU!
wow. your combination of words amaze me. damn he told the usher!! lol what a douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
BTW I'm not a journey fan but I checked this thread because my friend Robert went to this show (he's the one who started this thread).
yaya i have friends

Old 08-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
yaya i have friends

Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I think it's okay to sit for some acts (not most) but it's hard to judge.

Example: I saw REO Speedwagon/Styx/.38 Special in June. Everyone sat for .38, stood for Styx, and about half and half for REO.

And when I saw Alice Cooper at the KS State Fair, everyone stood (to my surprise).
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM
In Search of Truth

When I saw Dream Theater last Friday like everyone on the balcony sat, which annoyed the piss out of me. It was ok for some of the show, but at the end of the Count of Tuscany I stood up and remained standing through the intro until into the verse of Metropolis Pt. 1 (the encore). It's hard to get into a show when you're not close, and it makes it a lot more difficult when everyone around you looks at you like you're crazy when you do.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
yes he did.
Awesome. I really enjoy the version of that on the DVD that came with the last album.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
It's hard to get into a show when you're not close, and it makes it a lot more difficult when everyone around you looks at you like you're crazy when you do.
Exactly. Thats why I keep saying that they should not organize rock and metal shows at seated venues. I'm gonna stand the whole time when I see Dream Theater on the 29th
Old 08-03-2009, 03:30 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Exactly. Thats why I keep saying that they should not organize rock and metal shows at seated venues. I'm gonna stand the whole time when I see Dream Theater on the 29th
i don't think its standing that's the problem. it's retards that don't do anything and look like they aren't into it. id rather be the guy all the way in the balcony level going apeshit and head banging and singing than the guy thats in the pit standing still with arms crossed looking bored. i see those people a lot and i'm just thinking that guy should trade tickets with me or something.

Tags
journey