Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
all that's known is it's about some stupid relationship or personal revelation that no one gives a shit about.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Why would you listen to something if you cant understand the lyrics. i guess im different i like to know what is being said in the songs i listen to. i guess people have better ears than me cause they can understand what behemoth and cannibal corpse are saying i cant.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music
Dear God, can you just fuck off and die already? And for the love of God, go to English class once in a while.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 PM
N00B

slayer is pretty known for their sound problems. im guessing they have a really bad sound guy
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GTFO! Are you serious? God Damn... hahaha Killswitch is killswitch, I don't care for them, but I'm not gonna get into it to much besides, when it comes down to Metalcore I only really like Shadows Fall. Now... Whitechaple is killing metal/music for sure, they are just a band following the trends of other bands, and last years summer slaughter was basically the same band after another, minus Kataklym and Vader.

But then you put Behemoth in the same sentence as "whitechapel" and "kill music"... You have yourself a real issue. Clearly you are not a fan of A) Death Metal or B) Good Blackened Death Metal that Hails from Poland (). But it's bands like Behemoth and others that are doing their OWN thing and not following what Revolver or Hot Topic or Myspace is dishing out saying is fresh and the best. Behemoth has been doing their own thing since they started, sure they changed from Black Metal to Death Metal, but it wasn't because "Oh wow wee! We are more populars! Ya-Woo!". With purely true good intentions on their part they are paving the way for other bands who don't want to be slammed into one genre and pegged to be "That Kinda Band", they show others band "Hey, you can make your own style, be your own band, and still sell put Headlining Tours".

Behemoth is helping music, and 100% NOT hurting it in the least.

Btw:
Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Why would you listen to something if you cant understand the lyrics. i guess im different i like to know what is being said in the songs i listen to. i guess people have better ears than me cause they can understand what behemoth and cannibal corpse are saying i cant.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I love Killswitch to death and they are one of fave bands so I cant bash them but a majority of the time i can understand what Howard says when we screams. He has actually has one of the more understandble screams in metal. I dont understand how someone could dump on Cannibal and say are that bad even if you dont like them they have so much for Death Metal and they are pioneers.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Correct Trivium set updated in first post.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I can't either, that's not the point I was trying to get across haha. I was trying to say that he judges a good screamer/vocalist or whatever by how well you can understand the lyrics and whatnot. It's how well he sounds. While the lyrics are most definately an added bonus to the song package, the delivery is 10x more important for me. And that's why I listen to death metal, black metal, etc. I can't directly understand the content of what he's saying, but it sounds fucking awesome. If I wish, I can look up the lyrics and then that doubles the meaning and all, but for me it's the music first and foremost.
yeah man true. but for me, black metal and death metal lyrics aren't important to me. there's some forms of music that i like because of the lyrics, and others i like just for the pure intensity of the music
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM
N00B

I'm going to see this show on Friday, and I'm so PUMPED! Mushroomhead will be there too! Too bad J Mann isn't still in the band. I like his voice a little better than Waylon's.

Do you know about what time the main stage started? I want to get there to see some of the 2nd stage bands, so I'm trying to judge my 2+ hour drive.

Also, not that my opinion matters, but KSE is great! They are a great bunch of guys who rock and know how to have fun on stage. I'm not at all scared to say I've enjoyed their show all 4 times I've seen them.

I appreciate your opinion though mankvill. Some people love Dragonforce, and I think they are the worst band ever. To each his own.

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, slayer, the black dahlia murder, trivium, whitechapel