Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I think it's funny how once a certain amount of time or popularity passes, it suddenly becomes cool to like once-hated music. This crap happens a lot in the pop music world, and I'm seeing this just becoming one more example.
They've been my favorite band since I was 12 and I've never been ashamed to admit it. Everyone thinks I'm weird because I love Bloodbath and Wolves in the Throne Room but blink is still my favorite band after all these years.

But that does happen sometimes.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:38 AM
D.B.B.

i think it has to do with the members acquiring more fame since blink 182 broke up. travis did that show and the other members went on to start that one other band that i can't seem to remember their name right about now. and besides, it's pretty much pop music. pop fans will listen to anything as long as radio tells them to
Old 07-25-2009, 12:22 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
i think it has to do with the members acquiring more fame since blink 182 broke up. travis did that show and the other members went on to start that one other band that i can't seem to remember their name right about now. and besides, it's pretty much pop music. pop fans will listen to anything as long as radio tells them to
Travis and Mark started +44 after Blink, Tom went on with Angels & Airwaves.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreac View Post
They've been my favorite band since I was 12 and I've never been ashamed to admit it. Everyone thinks I'm weird because I love Bloodbath and Wolves in the Throne Room but blink is still my favorite band after all these years.

But that does happen sometimes.
THIS.

They were my first ever favorite band, when I was like 11 or 12. I've never denied it - are they still my favorite band of all time? No, but they're still one of my favorites, and I've been waiting for this reunion for awhile.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

The way I look at it is this. There's always a cool alpha male jock in every highschool. Whatever he likes will be seen as edgy and the thing to listen to. This band can quickly become hated once that band does something that pisses this jock off, say...Fred Durst running his mouth about fucking both Christina and Britney, and them later refuting that he's full of shit. The jock's sudden dislike of the band causes the popularity to nose dive hence the "Yea Limp Bizkit used to be cool, but now they suck."

But when that "once-hated" band reunites, of course the PR scumbags are gonna be all like "hey, they're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkk!" And because that asshole jock isn't around, but that bands music is linked so well to you because you were a fucking follower, you'll be all like "Who cares if Fred is full of shit, Limp Bizkit rawwwwwwwkkkkksss!"

That is my explanation of Jeff's observation.

I never really cared about Blink. Didn't love em, didn't hate em, they were just there. That being said, I will always hold a grudge against them for calling the album "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket," as opposed to what I first remember it being called, "Drop Your Pants and Start Jackin it!"

Fun fact: My Dad liked "What's My Age Again."
Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The way I look at it is this. There's always a cool alpha male jock in every highschool. Whatever he likes will be seen as edgy and the thing to listen to. This band can quickly become hated once that band does something that pisses this jock off, say...Fred Durst running his mouth about fucking both Christina and Britney, and them later refuting that he's full of shit. The jock's sudden dislike of the band causes the popularity to nose dive hence the "Yea Limp Bizkit used to be cool, but now they suck."

But when that "once-hated" band reunites, of course the PR scumbags are gonna be all like "hey, they're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkk!" And because that asshole jock isn't around, but that bands music is linked so well to you because you were a fucking follower, you'll be all like "Who cares if Fred is full of shit, Limp Bizkit rawwwwwwwkkkkksss!"
I don't know if any of this is remotely close to fact.

I got into blink-182 when Enema of the State came out. I believe I was 11. I got back into them when I was 17, and really appreciate that they made pop-punk that didn't suck.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

They played their part in helping bring punk to the masses, but man, most of their stuff didn't age well. I loved Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket in high school, but now? Not so much. Dude Ranch has held up really well, though, and remains one of my favorite pop-punk albums.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
They played their part in helping bring punk to the masses, but man, most of their stuff didn't age well. I loved Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket in high school, but now? Not so much. Dude Ranch has held up really well, though, and remains one of my favorite pop-punk albums.
Pretty true. TOYPAJ still sounds good to me, but yeah. Dude Ranch is still really good.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch

Tags
blink 182