Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
N00B

Killswitch Engage -- Louisville, KY -- July 23rd, 2009

So Killswitch Engage did an off-night from Rockstar Mayhem along with Whitechapel, Cannibal Corpse, and All That Remains. The venue was different, being a hotel conference center, but it wasn't bad. I got there just as Whitechapel was finishing up their set, so I heard their last song, and I am just not a fan of the band.

Cannibal Corpse was the second band to go on, which I thought was strange, especially since they would end up playing a longer set than All That Remains. None the less, I didn't think I was going to enjoy them as much as I did, and even got into the pit during "Sentenced To Burn". I'm not one to get into pits too often, but I felt like "Why not?" After all, it's not often you see a band like Cannibal Corpse. They sounded great though, didn't seem like there were any sound problems or anything from where I was. I would recommend seeing them if you're into metal.

Evisceration Plague
The Time To Kill Is Now
I Cum Blood
Sentenced To Burn
Unleashing The Bloodthirsty
Make Them Suffer
Priests Of Sodom
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped, Raped, And Strangled

I am a pretty big fan of All That Remains, but I guess I'm not because I was not aware their bassist was a female. I didn't really catch it at Rock on the Range a few months ago since I was so far back, but man...I am dumb. Anyway, their set was really short for playing right before Killswitch and the sound was good, could have been better...it could have been that I was a little farther back than I was for Corpse, but whatever. I was kinda hoping ATR would have played more than 7 songs, but it was still good to see them again nonetheless.

This Calling
Chiron
Forever In Your Hands
Six
The Air That I Breathe
Undone
Two Weeks

Now I don't know if it's just Rockstar Mayhem and the outdoor venues, or if Louisville is straight metal, because Killswitch sounded really good tonight. I think Howard's vocals probably could have been turned up a hair, but other than that, they put on a really fantastic show. The crowd was into them the entire time, and they played much longer than they have been on the Mayhem tour (kind of a given though since it was a headlining show). I'm a pretty big Killswitch fan, and the only thing that would have made this show better was if Trivium were there, haha.

My Last Serenade
Starting Over
Fixation On The Darkness
Reckoning
This Fire
Take This Oath
Rose Of Sharyn
A Light In A Darkened World
A Bid Farewell
The Arms Of Sorrow
Life To Lifeless
My Curse
The End Of Heartache
------------
Holy Diver

Overall, I'd give the show a 7/10. It was a really good show, sound was really good and the crowd wasn't too bad. It wasn't the best show I've been too, but it was very enjoyable.

Last edited by JoshuaB81285; 07-26-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
N00B

Anyone know if theres an off date in Texas?
3/6 Abigail Williams
3/17 Iron Maiden
3/26 Comeback Kid
Old 07-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Concert Veteran

Only 14 songs for a headliner? They should've played a few more. With all these festivals and multi-band lineups i'm really missing the days where all headliners gave a two hour show. With the exception of Metallica, Maiden and a few others it looks like those days are going away now

The new album is good but not as good as the last two. I'm still wondering why KSE isn't playing a little more off it? Maybe they're just waiting til they go out on their own offically for this album before they do more off it.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:07 PM
N00B

That song is Reckoning
Old 07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal01 View Post
That song is Reckoning
no he already has that song in the set
Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
D.B.B.

cannibal played second??? WTF
Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Good Killswitch but i think they should do a little more off end of heartache(i think i like that one the best)
Old 07-24-2009, 06:34 PM
things are more than just what you see

good to see life to lifeless back in the set.
I wasn't at that show, but judging from what was and wasn't played, I would assume that missing song is this is absolution it was both a single, and was played at music as a weapon IV, so its a good bet that might have been it.
pretty awsome set from KSE in my opinion, this fire would have been a welcome treat. Awsome man, thanks for posting.

Its a little lame that cannibal and ATR played their exact mayhem sets. I'm not a big CC fan but if I was I would have been irritated to see the same set. and who ever heard of a band playing second getting more time than the band playing third. I mean I see why ATR played just before KSE, they're more similar, but that's a bit weird the way they did that. Maybe Cannibal had to go somewhere else?

Last edited by The_jman; 07-24-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
cannibal played second??? WTF
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, especially since ATR's set was so short and CC was given more time, cause Gorpsegrinder even talked in-between songs...ATR went almost straight from song to song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
good to see life to lifeless back in the set.
I wasn't at that show, but judging from what was and wasn't played, I would assume that missing song is this is absolution it was both a single, and was played at music as a weapon IV, so its a good bet that might have been it.
pretty awsome set from KSE in my opinion, this fire would have been a welcome treat. Awsome man, thanks for posting.
Yeah, after listening to it, I'm almost positive that was the song they played. Thanks a lot! And I wasn't expecting "Life To Lifeless", "This Fire", or "Arms Of Sorrow" at all...so when they played "This Fire", I was pretty stoked.

Last edited by JoshuaB81285; 07-24-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
things are more than just what you see

You're welcome... You're also lucky I'd have loved to see that set live from KSE.

Tags
all that remains, cannibal corpse, killswitch engage