Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
people get mad at your comments because you act like your statement is a fact and not an opinion.
+1
Old 07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
people get mad at your comments because you act like your statement is a fact and not an opinion.
That's true. Just cos someone likes a band that you don't doesn't mean they're wrong it just means that their taste differs from yours. You don't attack people just because they like different bands than you. Different people hear different things in music and it's not always the same as what you or someone else will hear in a certian band.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Alright some responses

i dont think any band is killing metal. They are different scenes and many different types of fan. There are the scene kids that like BMTH and Suicide Silence, they are the chicks like The Devil Wears Prada and BMFV. There are the "legit" metalheads that like Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse. There are a lot of more different kinds of people. I think if people just stay out of each other's scenes then everything would be fine.

also Indestructible. Only 3 good bands on the bill thats funny Even that your opinion dude you cant tell everyone here what to think man. Personally i dont like 2 bands on this tour [Behemoth,Trivium] and i only hate 1 of them with a burning passion[Trivium] and i have lot of respect for Behemoth but cant get into there stuff.Just embrace other peoples differences and dont go around attacking other people.

Also i think Mayhem will get it right next year because they have gotten it right the past 2 years. So just keep making deverse lineups that for the most part is everyone is please with and they will keep being sucessfull.
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 07-23-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Headbanger

Just catching up. All I can say if Turtle thinks King Douche is funny in any way he obviously is 17 years old. It's been done before and it's been done right. Educate yourself dude.

Municipal Waste is funny in the coolest way ever. They have some hilarious lyrics and banter. They don't parade around like Freddie Mercury with a dick up his ass playing metal and making his other bandmates look like clowns. That's all I'm saying.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Killswitch but I'll be in the pisser getting torked during Holy Diver to beat the crowd and will stand on the opposite side of the stage (or backstage) while they play.

I'm wearing my KFK Industries shirt and plan on getting Kerry Fucking King to sign it. My boys BTS are signed by Dirtbag now and they have some cool ass swag that I'm going to help throw to the crowd. It's on like fukkin donkey kong!
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Just catching up. All I can say if Turtle thinks King Douche is funny in any way he obviously is 17 years old. It's been done before and it's been done right. Educate yourself dude.

Municipal Waste is funny in the coolest way ever. They have some hilarious lyrics and banter. They don't parade around like Freddie Mercury with a dick up his ass playing metal and making his other bandmates look like clowns. That's all I'm saying.
to the first part:

to the second part: i agree. municipal waste are the funniest band out there, but they have some of the sickest shows to.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

When did MW come into the conversation?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
When did MW come into the conversation?
when they were sent to us to out do adam d
Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
KSE is one of the 3 good bands on mayhem this year. Hopfully next year mayhem will do it right

And you're saying Behemoth is killing music? And that you understand Howard Jones' screams clearly yet not Corpsegrinder's? There is something wrong with you. His obnoxious high screams make it very difficult to understand what the hell he's saying, all that's known is it's about some stupid relationship or personal revelation that no one gives a shit about. How you think Killswitch are one of the "3 good bands on Mayhem" and Cannibal and Behemoth are not is beyond me, and quite frankly, retarted.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:44 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post

And you're saying Behemoth is killing music? And that you understand Howard Jones' screams clearly yet not Corpsegrinder's? There is something wrong with you. His obnoxious high screams make it very difficult to understand what the hell he's saying, all that's known is it's about some stupid relationship or personal revelation that no one gives a shit about. How you think Killswitch are one of the "3 good bands on Mayhem" and Cannibal and Behemoth are not is beyond me, and quite frankly, retarted.
u know i love behemoth and cannibal corpse, but i really can't understand shit of what they're saying lol
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
u know i love behemoth and cannibal corpse, but i really can't understand shit of what they're saying lol
I can't either, that's not the point I was trying to get across haha. I was trying to say that he judges a good screamer/vocalist or whatever by how well you can understand the lyrics and whatnot. It's how well he sounds. While the lyrics are most definately an added bonus to the song package, the delivery is 10x more important for me. And that's why I listen to death metal, black metal, etc. I can't directly understand the content of what he's saying, but it sounds fucking awesome. If I wish, I can look up the lyrics and then that doubles the meaning and all, but for me it's the music first and foremost.

edit: I would love to hear anyone say they can listen to Killswitch Engage's screams and tell me exactly what the lyrics are without looking or knowing before. Any different from another screamer my ass, except maybe worse minimum.

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, slayer, the black dahlia murder, trivium, whitechapel