Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 AM
N00B

Megadeth -- Clarkston, MI -- July 22nd, 1995

Don't really care for anything post Rust In Peace but there is an awesome pro shot of this show out there. From what I remember, Paranoid was a spontaneous encore (as opposed to the fake pre-planned encore) and Dave mentions this is the best crowd of the tour.

Skin O' My Teeth
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Reckoning Day
Angry Again
A Tout Le Monde
In My Darkest Hour
Train Of Consequences
Sweating Bullets
Symphony Of Destruction
Tornado Of Souls
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Peace Sells
Anarchy In The UK
Paranoid
Old 07-22-2009, 06:21 AM
N00B

This was the tour with Korn as support, was it not?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
This was the tour with Korn as support, was it not?
Yes it was. I saw them on this tour Fear Factory was the other opener. The only problem is that Korn went 10-15 minutes too long for some reason and it caused Megadeth to cut their set short a few songs which greatly pissed me off. Megadeth still put on a great performance though. Because of the shit Korn pulled that day i was immediately not a fan of theirs. I'm sorry you don't play long and cause Megadeth to cut their set short. It's unforgiveable in my book. Plus their performance was just god awful. Luckily Megadeth saved the day
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yes it was. I saw them on this tour Fear Factory was the other opener. The only problem is that Korn went 10-15 minutes too long for some reason and it caused Megadeth to cut their set short a few songs which greatly pissed me off. Megadeth still put on a great performance though. Because of the shit Korn pulled that day i was immediately not a fan of theirs. I'm sorry you don't play long and cause Megadeth to cut their set short. It's unforgiveable in my book. Plus their performance was just god awful. Luckily Megadeth saved the day

That shouldnt be allwoed.
but its megadeth couldnt they of gotten away with playing more songs.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
That shouldnt be allwoed.
but its megadeth couldnt they of gotten away with playing more songs.
Not when the venues have curfews. If a band plays over the curfew i've read before they get fined a rediculous ammounts of money for every minute they go over. Some places may have different rules about that though.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

That's as good as it gets for a 90's Megadeth setlist.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
N00B

Quote:
That sucks I guess, but being a huge Korn fan i'd love to be able to see them back then before they were big and were all methed out on stage.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
That sucks I guess, but being a huge Korn fan i'd love to be able to see them back then before they were big and were all methed out on stage.
I saw LAPD in 1990. Seemed like a total Faith No More rip off, but I don't remember much else.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
I would cut my set ten minutes short if it ment megadeth would get more time.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I would cut my set ten minutes short if it ment megadeth would get more time.
Not if you're a band trying to make it like Korn was at the time. Korn hit it big just a year or two after this so maybe they played long to try and get people to hear more material. Still it's very disrespectful to the headliners. Megadeth was still very popular then and had cemented their spot as metal legends and Korn just gave a big "Fuck You" to them. People weren't even into Korn at all they were getting bored and people kept saying shit to like "get the fuck off stage" among other very colorful things.

Tags
megadeth