Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,833
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music
lol shut up
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
I like KSE. They're not the greatest band ever and will never be close to that but I don't see how they're killing metal. Is it becasue they're last 2 albums have gone gold? They way I see it is any metal band that can sell well is a positive thing for the genre it'll cause more people to get into metal overall. The lyrics are little more pussy on the new one but I fail to see how that alone is killing anything in metal. I'm sure there are plenty of metal bands out there who suck way more at it. I do think their cover of Holy Diver is bad though but i'm also a big Dio fan.

I still think it's funny that Manson is the headliner yet most of the reviews I've read everyone is leaving after Slayer who should be the headliner anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,833
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I like KSE. They're not the greatest band ever and will never be close to that but I don't see how they're killing metal. Is it becasue they're last 2 albums have gone gold? They way I see it is any metal band that can sell well is a positive thing for the genre it'll cause more people to get into metal overall. The lyrics are little more pussy on the new one but I fail to see how that alone is killing anything in metal. I'm sure there are plenty of metal bands out there who suck way more at it. I do think their cover of Holy Diver is bad though but i'm also a big Dio fan.

I still think it's funny that Manson is the headliner yet most of the reviews I've read everyone is leaving after Slayer who should be the headliner anyways.
The only good thing I see about Killswitch Engage/metalcore being popular is that maybe it'll fester a lot of hatred for the genre in younger people who will, in turn, make fuckawesome bands as a result.
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
My only problem with the holy diver cover is that he screams in it. if your able to use clean vocals you keep using the clean vocals good screamer or not you shouldnt scream in a dio song.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
The only good thing I see about Killswitch Engage/metalcore being popular is that maybe it'll fester a lot of hatred for the genre in younger people who will, in turn, make fuckawesome bands as a result.
I think you're taking the whole metalcore label to seriously. I don't pay attention to what kind of metal sub genre each band falls into. I've never really worried about that to me it's all just metal. Some bands just play it differently than others.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,833
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I think you're taking the whole metalcore label to seriously. I don't pay attention to what kind of metal sub genre each band falls into. I've never really worried about that to me it's all just metal. Some bands just play it differently than others.
To each their own. I'm not gonna say that there's a million different sub-sub-sub-sub genres, but Killswitch Engage and Marduk do not play the same style of metal.
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.
I was referring to indestructible who was referring to you.
__________________
8/20 High on Fire 4free
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,833
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I was referring to indestructible who was referring to you.
Oh.

sry babe <3 *buys you an ice cream cake*
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Oh.

sry babe <3 *buys you an ice cream cake*
You best be takin' me to Applebee's on friday.
__________________
8/20 High on Fire 4free
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
&quot;Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me&quot; LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.
But killswitch isnt doing any of that. the metal genre isnt dying even the bands who cant sing or scream well arent killing anything
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, slayer, the black dahlia murder, trivium, whitechapel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008