Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music
lol shut up
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Concert Veteran

I like KSE. They're not the greatest band ever and will never be close to that but I don't see how they're killing metal. Is it becasue they're last 2 albums have gone gold? They way I see it is any metal band that can sell well is a positive thing for the genre it'll cause more people to get into metal overall. The lyrics are little more pussy on the new one but I fail to see how that alone is killing anything in metal. I'm sure there are plenty of metal bands out there who suck way more at it. I do think their cover of Holy Diver is bad though but i'm also a big Dio fan.

I still think it's funny that Manson is the headliner yet most of the reviews I've read everyone is leaving after Slayer who should be the headliner anyways.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I like KSE. They're not the greatest band ever and will never be close to that but I don't see how they're killing metal. Is it becasue they're last 2 albums have gone gold? They way I see it is any metal band that can sell well is a positive thing for the genre it'll cause more people to get into metal overall. The lyrics are little more pussy on the new one but I fail to see how that alone is killing anything in metal. I'm sure there are plenty of metal bands out there who suck way more at it. I do think their cover of Holy Diver is bad though but i'm also a big Dio fan.

I still think it's funny that Manson is the headliner yet most of the reviews I've read everyone is leaving after Slayer who should be the headliner anyways.
The only good thing I see about Killswitch Engage/metalcore being popular is that maybe it'll fester a lot of hatred for the genre in younger people who will, in turn, make fuckawesome bands as a result.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

My only problem with the holy diver cover is that he screams in it. if your able to use clean vocals you keep using the clean vocals good screamer or not you shouldnt scream in a dio song.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
The only good thing I see about Killswitch Engage/metalcore being popular is that maybe it'll fester a lot of hatred for the genre in younger people who will, in turn, make fuckawesome bands as a result.
I think you're taking the whole metalcore label to seriously. I don't pay attention to what kind of metal sub genre each band falls into. I've never really worried about that to me it's all just metal. Some bands just play it differently than others.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I think you're taking the whole metalcore label to seriously. I don't pay attention to what kind of metal sub genre each band falls into. I've never really worried about that to me it's all just metal. Some bands just play it differently than others.
To each their own. I'm not gonna say that there's a million different sub-sub-sub-sub genres, but Killswitch Engage and Marduk do not play the same style of metal.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.
I was referring to indestructible who was referring to you.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I was referring to indestructible who was referring to you.
Oh.

sry babe <3 *buys you an ice cream cake*
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Oh.

sry babe <3 *buys you an ice cream cake*
You best be takin' me to Applebee's on friday.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
&quot;Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me&quot; LOG

Quote:
But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.
But killswitch isnt doing any of that. the metal genre isnt dying even the bands who cant sing or scream well arent killing anything

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, slayer, the black dahlia murder, trivium, whitechapel