Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Ok, I just figured they would have it because they are on tour. I'll pick it up before I go then. Thanks man!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 PM
(cool custom user title)

Mankvill, alot of your review sucked IMO. It was a great fucking show and really, no band bands (expection of BFMV)...I had a fucking blast.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:19 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Whew just got back from a fun 2+ hr drive!!!!

Got there somewhat late...missed Whitechapel and apparently didn't miss a whole hell of a lot so no big deal on that. Got there probably 15 mins before Behemoth came on and boy would I have been pissed if I missed them. But of course they were amazing as they were the last time I saw them. God Forbid was next and loved their set as well. I might have preferred a different selection of songs from "Earthsblood" but still from the LOG tour I got to hear alot of the new songs I wanted. Plus it was nice getting "Broken Promise". Crowd was definitley hot for GF and I think they may have had the best reaction on Jager stage. BDM was next. I thought they were pretty good but still not necessarily my thing personally. I'm going to be honest here, as far as 2nd stage bands I really liked All That Remains the least. I just really don't think that they really bring anything to the table. I just found them dull and boring. I actually spent half of their set deleting pictures out of my camera. JFAC was next up and now for the 2nd time they still really didn't do a whole lot for me either. I was hoping that they would bring more to the table this time and the answer was definitley no. The "Kids" seemed to enjoy them.

Left JFAC a little early and got to meet Corey and Byron from GF and got autographs and pictures w/ them which definitley made the rest of my day.

For the most part I thought Trivium was pretty good. This was the first time out of 3 times I've actually got to see a full set from them. I can't comment too much b/c I really only know more of their popular stuff and really haven't listened to "Shogun" very much but what I did know was pretty good.

Wow I almost really screwed up. I was paying attention to the schedule in the program and I thought BFMV was going to be doing mainstage and halfway through I figured I would leave to get good spot for Cannibal Corpse. Thank god I didn't do that. 1st time seeing CC and wow I don't even know what to say right now. For some reason the 35 minutes seemed to go by fast. They tried to say Hammer Smashed Face was going to be last song and I really got pissed luckily he said they still had 1 more after that.

What a drop off going from CC to BFMV. I'm going to try to be positive but this will be tough. BFMV were really really not good at all. I really put them at the top of my list along w/ Shinedown of bands nobody should really see live. The positive out of this is I got to sit on the lawn and rest for awhile. Everything after that is best forgotten. There was a guy sitting behind me on the lawn yelling obscenities the whole time. I really felt at home after that.

My review for KSE will be a little different. Out of the 3 or 4 times I've seen them this was probably the best I have seen them. W/ only a 40+ min setlist that is really about the perfect time to see them. Anything else after that really drags and they put in their more emo-crappy newer songs. Crowd was def dead for the 2 new ones they played. Not sure if it was in the water but wow girls were taking off their shirts left and right. Adam D renamed it to Kansas Tity. I'm definitley loving the whole band playing in tuxedo t-shirts and I was even more ecstatic to finally have Adam D in a cape finally!!!! I was very surprised I enjoyed them as much as I did.

The Slayer thing was definitley dissapointing. I don't really recall going to a show where one of the first memories I have is how horrible the sound was. It's one of those jobs where if you don't here anything about it then they did their job. I'm not going to act like I know how to do sound but the 1st half of their set was just god-awful. Which really dissapointed me b/c I haven't seen Slayer in almost 5 years. A definite highlight was getting to see some drunk asshole in the pit get absolutely clocked in the side of the face. The sound situation definitley has me a little sour.

I'm not ashamed to say I stayed for Manson and I definitley enjoyed myself. Obviously the stuff off his new album wasn't quite as good as the other songs he played but still entertaining. Sadly nothing off of POAAF, GAOG, or EMDM. Thought he would have more time to atleast get 1 off of each of those but I think b/c of the Slayer sound situation he got shorted a song. But still I really thought he still did a good job. Maybe take off 1 new song and substitute w/ something else. Just my opinion. Overall a great day of music. Now off to work in another 6 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

God Forbid really played Walk Alone? Awesome! 13 days till Mayhem for me. btw Killswitch is not killing metal.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

mankvill, do you remember what the merch designs were for behemoth, cannibal and slayer?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Whitechapel started the day off, but they were bad. No, they were pretty terrible. Actually, they were one of the worst metal bands I've seen live. Every Whitechapel song has 148 breakdowns in it. And they have THREE GUITARISTS. What? Are they the Iron Maiden of wigger-slam? A few songs had some good moments, but ultimately, they were terrible. 3/10
I agree with this. This is a band that kills music and is a disgrace to all that is metal. Why cant some bands just take the time to learn how to sing.

Quote:
I don't really want to get into it here; I might write an "essay" or so later, but I can say this: Killswitch Engage is the worst band I have ever seen live, metal or not. The whole band is full of douchebags, what they play is killing "heavy music" and I feel sad to know that some people actually like them and will grow up thinking they are metal. They are worse than Annotations of an Autopsy, Panther and Cobra Starship. One point for one good solo during their horrendous Holy Diver cover. It's true: metalcore is the glam metal of the 2000's. It's all about trendy shit to get money. 1/10
I have to disagree with that. They are good and metal just cause you dont like the band doesnt mean they are killing metal music. Atleast Howard Jones knows how to scream so you can understand the words.

Quote:
1. Darkness Of Christ/Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Psychopathy Red
5. Born Of Fire
6. Mandatory Suicide
7. Chemical Warfare
8. Ghosts Of War
9. Dead Skin Mask
10. Hell Awaits
11. Angel Of Death
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood
Good slayer set even though seasons in the abyss isnt in there.When they tour after mayhemfest is over they should play all of seasons in the abyss. I must see slayer live.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunicipalWasted View Post
Mankvill, alot of your review sucked IMO. It was a great fucking show and really, no band bands (expection of BFMV)...I had a fucking blast.
different strokes for different folks. meh.

@Serpentine: I didn't see the Behemoth shirt merch, but I did see someone wearing a light grey Evangelion 2009 US Tour shirt that had dates listed on it fro when they got on Summer Slaughter to the end of Rockstar Mayhem. Cannibal Corpse shirts are all $21 (at least they were in Omaha) and I believe the only current tour shirt they have now is the one with the Evisceration Plague cover on the front, dates on the back in front of a horde of zombies. Tons of KILL shirts and a pretty cool Butchered at Birth design. I passed the Slayer shirts, it looked like the standard Slayer fare as fas ar shirts go. $25 - $30.

@Indestructible: I know you think "he dont like dem cuz dey rnt all screemy" but they really are fucking terrible/killing heavy music.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

@Serpentine: I didn't see the Behemoth shirt merch, but I did see someone wearing a light grey Evangelion 2009 US Tour shirt that had dates listed on it fro when they got on Summer Slaughter to the end of Rockstar Mayhem. Cannibal Corpse shirts are all $21 (at least they were in Omaha) and I believe the only current tour shirt they have now is the one with the Evisceration Plague cover on the front, dates on the back in front of a horde of zombies. Tons of KILL shirts and a pretty cool Butchered at Birth design. I passed the Slayer shirts, it looked like the standard Slayer fare as fas ar shirts go. $25 - $30.
The Evangelion shirt sounds cool, and with so much Cannibal shirts I think I'll pick one up. I might have to pass on the Slayer shirts if they're that expensive, which reminds me to ask how the standard tour shirt is. Any good?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are killing music. Lately I don't think they are really helping it but personally I think All That Remains are killing it more than KSE. There are still some KSE songs I really enjoy. Like I said just a personal opinion and others may disagree but ATR & BFMV are definitley worse off than KSE IMO.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say they are killing music. Lately I don't think they are really helping it but personally I think All That Remains are killing it more than KSE. There are still some KSE songs I really enjoy. Like I said just a personal opinion and others may disagree but ATR & BFMV are definitley worse off than KSE IMO.
ATR and BFMV aren't as popular as KSE, though.

Their shitty clean passages and clean vocals before their "heavy" parts...Jesus Christ, it follows such a standard path of sub-mediocrity. They are the glam metal of the 2000's for sure.

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, slayer, the black dahlia murder, trivium, whitechapel