Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
thank god for rush and queensryche!!!
Their kind of music allows for longer sets. You can't expect Maiden or Priest to match those lengths with the age group of their members.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Lefty Guitarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Their kind of music allows for longer sets. You can't expect Maiden or Priest to match those lengths with the age group of their members.
What the hell are you talking about? Geddy, Alex And Peart are all 55/56 while Iron Maiden are all 52 except Bruce who is 50 and Nicko who is 57. Age doesnt matter.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimebag_Rusty View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Geddy, Alex And Peart are all 55/56 while Iron Maiden are all 52 except Bruce who is 50 and Nicko who is 57. Age doesnt matter.
Age and music style combined.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:39 PM
In Search of Truth

I think this tour just should have never happened in the first place. Judas Priest should've done the same set of dates alone so that ignorant Judas Priest fans wouldn't complain about Whitesnake "playing too long" when in reality Priest wouldn't be playing much or any longer alone. And then people like myself who really only wanted to see Whitesnake could just pay $40 and see them front row at a GA venue. See, everyone can be happy.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Maiden? No. Priest? Yes. The music isn't all that different, but the performances couldn't be any more different. For how much effort Priest seem to put into their live performances these days, they should be playing twice as long. For the way Maiden still performs, an hour and 45 minutes is plenty.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I think this tour just should have never happened in the first place. Judas Priest should've done the same set of dates alone so that ignorant Judas Priest fans wouldn't complain about Whitesnake "playing too long" when in reality Priest wouldn't be playing much or any longer alone. And then people like myself who really only wanted to see Whitesnake could just pay $40 and see them front row at a GA venue. See, everyone can be happy.
Whether Whitesnake are playing too long or not, Priest is most definately playing too little, and that's why there are complaints. Priest can definately play longer, understood that they are playing British Steel in its entirety, but a) that is not the most diffficult of albums to play and b) a break between sets wouldn't be the worst idea.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Whether Whitesnake are playing too long or not, Priest is most definately playing too little, and that's why there are complaints. Priest can definately play longer, understood that they are playing British Steel in its entirety, but a) that is not the most diffficult of albums to play and b) a break between sets wouldn't be the worst idea.
My issue is that I hate how people are blaming Priest's set time on Whitesnake, when in reality it probably wouldn't be much or any longer even they were alone or with a lone 30-minute support opener.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
My issue is that I hate how people are blaming Priest's set time on Whitesnake, when in reality it probably wouldn't be much or any longer even they were alone or with a lone 30-minute support opener.
While I agree with you, that doesn't make it right that that's how it would be. They can easily throw in some more songs, make the second set an easy hour or so. I don't know if it's laziness, lacking in being able to play them, I don't know (even though I doubt it's the latter).

I am not complaining in the long term though, the set is pretty good ignoring the length, and I'm really anxious to see it.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Metal DJ

Whitesnake should play "Best Years" off the new album.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Maiden? No. Priest? Yes. The music isn't all that different, but the performances couldn't be any more different. For how much effort Priest seem to put into their live performances these days, they should be playing twice as long. For the way Maiden still performs, an hour and 45 minutes is plenty.
The other members of Priest are totally fine, but I can't really see Rob Halford singing for 2 hours+ every show of a tour.

Tags
judas priest, whitesnake