Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-30-2009, 03:15 PM
N00B

I'm almost completely bamboozled by the lack of Painkiller AND Electric Eye, and the shortness, but the setlist is GREAT.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:36 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
You mean the Metal Masters tour? Cause the openers on that tour were fucking awesome!
Not trying to butt in but I believe the show he is referring to was a bullshit radio sponsored show that had such gems as Jackyl, Drowning Pool & some other very useless crap that you would hear on FM radio in the KC area. I didn't see the show but I heard about it and it was a pretty embarassing lineup. I would have killed for the Metal Masters tour last year!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:19 PM
welp

YES VICTIM IS BACK!! The fact they weren't playing that last year was one of the reasons I decided to skip Metal Master (looking back now, quite the fail on my part, but I did end up having an ear infection that day so...). But now...no Painkiller or Electric Eye . But Victim, The Ripper, and Diamonds makes up for it, I guess.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It is short but who gives a shit? They're doing all of British Steel
I'd gladly take a shorter set from a band if it means they're gonna play a classic album of theirs in it's entirerty. Plus just to hear them open with Rapid Fire would be worth the ticket price
Except for the fact that British Steel isn't the classic everybody makes it out to be.

As for the lack of Painkiller and Electric Eye, every song needs a break every once in a while. Those two songs, Living After Midnight and Victim Of Changes are no exception.

I'd say the biggest surprise for me is nothing from Hell Bent For Leather (not necessarily a bad thing; again, breaks)

Last edited by JRA; 06-30-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 PM
welp

^ Agreed. And they can't even wait untill next year to do the 30th anniversary tour. How about a Hellbent for Leather/Killing Machine 30th anniversary tour?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
^ Agreed. And they can't even wait untill next year to do the 30th anniversary tour. How about a Hellbent for Leather/Killing Machine 30th anniversary tour?

Except this year is the 30th anniversary tour for that album.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:51 PM
We're dying on the inside

British Steel is a fantastic album and in their top three and they absolutely should be playing it in its entirety kthxbai.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
British Steel is a fantastic album and in their top three and they absolutely should be playing it in its entirety kthxbai.
Disagree, lots of Halfordness on that one ("United", "The Rage" ). At least this is how we can hear "Rapid Fire" and "Steeler" though which they would probably never play otherwise. This is a great setlist though and I'm LIEK SO EXCITED OMG
Old 06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
It's cool. I saw them last summer (albeit with terrible openers) and I got to see Dissident Aggressor.
I wish I would have been able to see them do that one.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Except for the fact that British Steel isn't the classic everybody makes it out to be.
While I'll agree that there are many metal albums better than British Steel the album is a metal classic. Without this album a lot of the great metal that came after would never have been. Plus it's better than putting everyone to sleep by playing Nostradamus in full live like they said they would.

Tags
judas priest