After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
N00B

hey ancient

that was a cool story now I think about it what ones you got ???

the guy asked what happened so I told him and you bothered to read it nothing to do with being cool it was a long time ago and thas how it was back then when shows were a little different than today
Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
N00B

ancient one

ancient dont be such a bozo just telling what happened as I think the author asked for us to do. sorryit wasnt up to your high standards I know you are far superior to all of us on here trying to be cool as you maybe Ill see you at testament tomorrow ( I see your from cali) Ill look for the puss in the back drinking diet coke if I miss you come ask for me in the VIP derek well see who's " cool" then
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
D.B.B.

wow only 5 posts and i already dislike this douche.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
N00B

ancient the editor now

wow u go back and have after thougts too???? wow you are a fancy writer obviously I can communicate as you keep replying ha ha pretty sad Im the best you can rip on isnt it
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
N00B

I had forgotten

I had forgotten how lame the internet chat guys are thanks for reminding me any guy named turtle is just downright lame
Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngdymond View Post
I had forgotten how lame the internet chat guys are thanks for reminding me any guy named turtle is just downright lame
i have never forgotten how lame acid abusers were. u leave like 7 posts and u think your all that. wow man, anyone who tries to start shit on a forum is lame by my books. oh well, i guess your pathetic life is soo shitty that nobody gives u the time of day anywhere else. keep looking for the attention you desperately need.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Calm down, kiddies.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Metallifan

Im looking forward to seeing Slayer later this month with Megadeth and Machine Head all on the same bill!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Headbanger

Personally I think this site needs WAY more stories like KNG's. If you didn't live through that era you don't know. Concerts back then were all about the experience and crowds were way cooler then. Many more hot girls and partying. These days you'll never see a group of 4 girls going to a Slayer show but back then it was the norm. Personally I can't think of a worst band to trip to but I respect the intent and laugh at haters.

This tour was my 1st time seeing Slayer and the last time they would ever play clubs for a reason. People could have died. I remember as soon as Danzig ended I grabbed 2 beers and barreled up to the front of the stage. I was willing to fight anyone who tried to take my spot and I had no idea what was about to happen.

As soon as Slayer came on everyone in the back started pushing up. I was at a place called Network in Pasadena, MD with a stage that is less than 2 feet off the ground. I was in the very front row less than a foot from Tom Araya and I was being crushed. I literally had to pull as hard as I could to get my legs up on stage before they were amputated. I was sitting indian style between 2 monitors between King and Araya and when a bouncer tried to clear me and I went apeshit. I fought to be there and I wasn't leaving.

It was incredible to be that close to them and hearing music that I had worshipped but never heard live. I remember screaming every word and shaking Tom's hand after songs several times. At this point, this was the highlight of my life. My legs were cramping but at least I wasn't being crushed.

My last clear memory was jamming out to Crooked Cross and some idiot kept using my shoulder for leverage to jump up. I told him to chill nicely several times and he didn't. I turned around and told him if he did it one more time I was going to bash his face in. Less than a minute later he did it again and I grabbed him by the back of his head and smashed his face into the monitor several times. I thought it was 2 or 3 times but I blacked out in anger and was told it was more like 10 or 12 times. Needless to say I was dragged off stage and thrown out the back door.

Not the coolest story but one of my most memorable concert experiences. If I had it to do over again I'd find a nice headbanding spot on the side so I wouldn't miss my favorite song Jesus Saves but everything happens for a reason. I have bootleg videos from that tour and crushing crowds and heads being bashed were the norm back then. The good ole days... hahaha
Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
These days you'll never see a group of 4 girls going to a Slayer show but back then it was the norm. Personally I can't think of a worst band to trip to but I respect the intent and laugh at haters.
Erm, you do here

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull

Tags
slayer