King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-19-2009, 03:25 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
So many things I could really say about the cover songs that were played. I am all about a "fun" cover song but Destiny's Child? I don't want to be one of these negative people on here so I will try to be positive for the other songs that were played.

Even though it's tough for me to admit I have seen alot of the bands that played on here and wow there's really nothing worse than going to a radio-sponsored festival and then have to suck it up for the openers and waiting several hours. (Damn you Shinedown!!!!!) I probably still would have went but man alot of those bands playing are kind of on the bleh side. Still want to see AIC really bad. Not being critical but Jerry Cantrell wasn't the only in AIC that decided to keep this going. From seeing bootlegs from the Rock AM Ring festival a few years ago there are still a bunch out there that still would see them.

Good review though, can't be 2 days of music.
Yeah, a lot of the bands I didn't really care too much about (much of the 3rd stage bands) and I felt Saturday's line-up was superior over Sunday's. This was my 2nd year in a row going though and if the line-up is somewhat decent next year, I'll be going then as well.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
things are more than just what you see

I had a great time at the show.

You are right about the all that remains set, and from where I was their sound was awsome, but I was to one side of the stage so the other side's sound could have sucked

Atreyu's entire set in orderr was

Bleeding Mascara
Falling Down
When two are One
Right Side of the Bed
Blow
Ex's and oh's
Becoming the Bull
and they closed with Lip Gloss and Black

a good set and a good show in my opinion. They really seemed on that night, better then the last time I saw them which was Taste of Chaos 08, they were good then of course, but I just feel they were more focused that night, although the crowd kind of sucked. No one knew the words not even to Becoming the Bull. I remember at Taste of Chaos, the entire Arena echoed with crowd singing of that song, and this time was kinda bla.

I'm not one to join a pit, but I was kind of surprised that ATR didn't get one started. Oh I saw like 3 guys try to start a circle pit... but three guys do not equal a circle pit.

I have to verify a couple of songs and then I'll give you the Rev Theory Set, which was a great show too in my opinion, and the crowd really liked them, although not as much as they did AAll that Remains or Atreyu after them.

I too was disappointed to see A7X get shafted, they didn't even get time to play Bat Counntry? Oh well, this was my third time seeing them in concert so I couldn't complain. Was awsome to see Eternal Rest/Chapter 4 live. Chapter 4 was one of the fiirst Avenged songs I ever liked, so it was neat to finally hear it live.

Shinedown was amazing, much better than the last time I saw them, I think Brent Smith was sick last time I saw them, and they really got the crowd into it, much more than buckcherry following them. Many people around me just seemed bored during Buckcherry's set. I thought they were better the last time I saw them, and I wasn't as impressed with the set, but, that's ok.

overall a great show I'm glad I went
Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
I had a great time at the show.

You are right about the all that remains set, and from where I was their sound was awsome, but I was to one side of the stage so the other side's sound could have sucked

Atreyu's entire set in orderr was

Bleeding Mascara
Falling Down
When two are One
Right Side of the Bed
Blow
Ex's and oh's
Becoming the Bull
and they closed with Lip Gloss and Black

a good set and a good show in my opinion. They really seemed on that night, better then the last time I saw them which was Taste of Chaos 08, they were good then of course, but I just feel they were more focused that night, although the crowd kind of sucked. No one knew the words not even to Becoming the Bull. I remember at Taste of Chaos, the entire Arena echoed with crowd singing of that song, and this time was kinda bla.

I'm not one to join a pit, but I was kind of surprised that ATR didn't get one started. Oh I saw like 3 guys try to start a circle pit... but three guys do not equal a circle pit.

I have to verify a couple of songs and then I'll give you the Rev Theory Set, which was a great show too in my opinion, and the crowd really liked them, although not as much as they did AAll that Remains or Atreyu after them.

I too was disappointed to see A7X get shafted, they didn't even get time to play Bat Counntry? Oh well, this was my third time seeing them in concert so I couldn't complain. Was awsome to see Eternal Rest/Chapter 4 live. Chapter 4 was one of the fiirst Avenged songs I ever liked, so it was neat to finally hear it live.

Shinedown was amazing, much better than the last time I saw them, I think Brent Smith was sick last time I saw them, and they really got the crowd into it, much more than buckcherry following them. Many people around me just seemed bored during Buckcherry's set. I thought they were better the last time I saw them, and I wasn't as impressed with the set, but, that's ok.

overall a great show I'm glad I went
nice first post! sucks that all that remains couldn't get a pit goin. if only i was there.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
nice first post! sucks that all that remains couldn't get a pit goin. if only i was there.

Thanks,

Yeah, and I think I had people staring at me when I was singing the ATR and Atreyu songs, not like shut the fuck up, but more of a wow, you like these guys enough to know the words?

I thought at the entire show both days, the crowds were boring, I guess it was that each person was there to see a different show, so one band didn't have enough supporters to really make it look like the entire crowd was into any one band's performance.

From the t-shirt perspective, slipknott Motley Crue, and Avenged Sevenfold had the most supporters, but then again there were tons of people there and one person can't obviously see everyone's shirt, but that's just what my girlfriend and I saw most of.

It was my first time seeing All that Remains, and I thought they were even more awsome than on the dvd, which I thought was pretty good.

rev theory's set was

wanted man
Light it up
favorite disease/head like a hole (Nine Inch Nails cover) They went into it in the middle of the song then went back to favorite disease
far from over
slowburn
and they closed with Hell Yeah

a pretty good set and show as I said, although it started to rain the last few songs of their set, and you should have seen the people rush off to find shelter, needless to say it made it easier to see and hear with less people. I thought the rain felt good, it was hot at that point.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:05 PM
N00B

Jman, thanks so much for the Atreyu and Rev Theory sets! Now only if I could get the rest of the Crue's/someone actually confirm that's the right order of AIC, I'd be alright (I'm sure Crue played the same stuff though from their tour earlier this year, started off the same anyway).
Old 05-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Motley Crue set list

Kickstart My Heart
Wild Side
Shout At The Devil
Saints Of Los Angeles
Mick Mars solo
Live Wire
don't go away mad Just go away
Mutherfucker Of The Year
Same Ol' Situation
Primal Scream
Looks That Kill
Girls, Girls, Girls
Dr. Feelgood
----------
Home Sweet Home

I don't think they played anything after home sweet home, although I left before the encore, but figured that was what was played
Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 PM
N00B

I just realized you don't have The Used's setlist, I take it you're not a fan? Well, just for the sake of having all the complete setlists here is theirs:

Take It Away
The Bird And The Worm
Liar Liar (Burn In Hell)
Blood On My Hands *new song*
The Taste Of Ink
All That I've Got/Buried Myself Alive (Medley)
Pretty Handsome Awkward
Box Full Of Sharp Objects
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm45320 View Post
I just realized you don't have The Used's setlist, I take it you're not a fan? Well, just for the sake of having all the complete setlists here is theirs:

Take It Away
The Bird And The Worm
Liar Liar (Burn In Hell)
Blood On My Hands *new song*
The Taste Of Ink
All That I've Got/Buried Myself Alive (Medley)
Pretty Handsome Awkward
Box Full Of Sharp Objects
Haha, thanks man. Yeah, you guessed it, I don't care for The Used at all. But I really do appreciate you posting this! Other than the third-stage and early bands, I got what I needed.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaB81285 View Post

Billy Talent was next up on the 2nd stage, and they were on of the bands I had been wanting to see the most. The singer, being Canadian, has a thick accent, and it was humorous to hear him talk. Either way, they put on a good show, and it's a shame not more people know/listen to these guys.

Devil In A Midnight Mass
Try Honesty
Rusted From The Rain
This Suffering
Devil On My Shoulder
Fallen Leaves
Red Flag

I wonder how many people have never heard of these guys then hear Red Flag and it hits them... BURNOUT! These guys are huge overseas from what I hear.

I know every word to Red Flag since I was a BURNOUT! addict for a few years. It's funny how video game soundtracks are so much better and influential now.
12/10 - Chevelle
Old 05-29-2009, 11:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I wonder how many people have never heard of these guys then hear Red Flag and it hits them... BURNOUT! These guys are huge overseas from what I hear.

I know every word to Red Flag since I was a BURNOUT! addict for a few years. It's funny how video game soundtracks are so much better and influential now.
Yeah, they're apparently crazy big in Canada as well (which is why they're headlining the Canadian Rock on the Range). I've been a fan ever since I heard "Try Honesty" waaaay back when it first came out.

Tags
alice in chains, all that remains, atreyu, avenged sevenfold, billy talent, black stone cherry, blue october, buckcherry, chevelle, crooked x, flyleaf, framing hanley, hoobastank, hurt, korn, motley crue, pop evil, rev theory, saliva, saving abel, shinedown, sick puppies, slipknot, the used