Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
My other point was if you're at a Priest show and the guy to your left yells You've got another thing coming and the guy on your right yells Island of Domination, who do you respect more? Who would you have an in-depth passionate conversation about music with? I've met some great people at shows and none of them were there to heara song that has been overplayed 10K times that's all. These are the same people who stare aimlessly when Beyond the Realms of Death is being played. Sad...
So your respect for others is based on if they agree with your taste. Seems fair to me. The way this is written the antecedent of These are the same great people you've met. Seems like you've contradicted yourself here a bit.

Last edited by Fe Maiden; 05-28-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Headbanger

Anyone smell fish?

"Raises Hand"

And I'm not the only one who smells it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

I'm done. I can't possibly top that one. The point has been brought full circle.

Anyone else jamming this new Napalm Death? I have a whole new respect for those guys...
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Brilliant!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I don't disagree with your point but Chuck Billy delivers every song with tenacity and fire so why not play songs that will translate better live? Trial by Fire is their most known song and they don't play it often because Chuck doesn't want to I read. He's tired of it, the same way me and my friends are deathly tired of Souls of Black. I just used the 2nd grade chorus as a quick example but the point of all of this is simple.

If 1 person threw the Souls of Black CD in and remembered or discovered what a great song Seven Days of May is then I accomplished what I was trying to. I've been turned onto some great music through here and recently downloaded the Ghoul catalog based on a post from the MD Deathfest thread and can't stop listening to it.

My other point was if you're at a Priest show and the guy to your left yells You've got another thing coming and the guy on your right yells Island of Domination, who do you respect more? Who would you have an in-depth passionate conversation about music with? I've met some great people at shows and none of them were there to heara song that has been overplayed 10K times that's all. These are the same people who stare aimlessly when Beyond the Realms of Death is being played. Sad...

I'm no barney bad-ass by any stretch but I've been to shows where I was standing, jamming out and some poser behind me yelled for me to sit down and actually went and got security to try to sit me down. I'd rather be shot on the spot than sit at a concert so if that makes me an asshole, that's me. That happened at a Tool show last year and I asked the sword swallower to name 3 Tool songs other than Sober and he couldn't. So if my tolerance for posers isn't that high, there are reasons behind it.
I respect your point about posers, because I too have seen those kind of people, and bugs the hell out of me. And yes, I would oviously respect the one who said "Island of Domination" more. But you are generalizing WAY too much, a fan can yell both of those songs and really enjoy the set whichever way it goes. I wouldn't necessarily yell out You've Got Another Thing Coming, but I'd enjoy it nonetheless.

And I love Seven Days of Mary, hell, I like practically every song off of Souls. like I said before, I don't think Testament have any poor record. I guess its all taste in the end, but there is no need to be arrogant with an opinion.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
N00B

I have nothing to comment about this thread, other than when i saw Carnivore in 2006, someone yelled out for "Jesus Hitler"....about two songs after they did it. Awesome.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
I have nothing to comment about this thread, other than when i saw Carnivore in 2006, someone yelled out for "Jesus Hitler"....about two songs after they did it. Awesome.
When I saw mc chris, he did a Q & A session and one girl asked if he would play The Tussin and he called her a dumb bitch because he opened with that song.
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. I actually burst into laughter. Thanks Bro.

The fact Peter Steele brought Carnivore back for the hardcore fans is one of the coolest stories in metal history. Funny Peter Steele story. We went outside to get torked before the very 1st Carnivore Reunion tour at this place Nick's in Virginia. We walk in and he was just standing in the crowd watching the opening act with no one around him. I go up to him and shake his hand, thank him for bringing back Carnivore for the diehard fans (Type O was getting huge) and want to ask him so many things. I asked him if they're going to play God is Dead and he said "of course" and at that point I was at the pinnacle of happiness in my life I think. I'm talking to one of the coolest MF'ers on the planet and the only thing that would have made it better was if El Duce & The Mentors were there.

So i'm trying to think of anything to say other than "are you going to play..." and I fukkin freeze up. I'm looking right at this dude an drawing a blank. I try to include my buddy in the conversation and the only thought that goes through my head is Springer. I said "Man, we just saw you on Springer yesterday" and he gasped, gave me a thumbs down raspberry and walked off. He just turned and walked off. We burst into laughter after a few minutes but I was traumatized basically thanks to Jerry Springer.

I met him again last year and wanted to bring that up but couldn't do it. He was being so cool and I didn't want him to just walk off again. hahaha
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
N00B

That's cool man...the coolest experience I've had with running into someone in the crowd during the opener was none other than Chuck Schuldiner watching Hammerfall.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
That's cool man...the coolest experience I've had with running into someone in the crowd during the opener was none other than Chuck Schuldiner watching Hammerfall.
THAT is an honor
Old 05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
THAT is an honor
We actually met the whole band earlier in the day, they did an instore at a metal shop on south street in philadelphia. I have the Sound of Perserverance booklet signed by everyone that played on it.

Tags
testament