Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
Exactly & thanks!

Some kid thinks I'm lame because I may enjoy hearing classic songs live and he thinks I have a mentality problem??? Maybe he should look in the mirror!
Always to the defense of the logical metalhead

I'm on the same boat with you here!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Always to the defense of the logical metalhead

I'm on the same boat with you here!
I am going to be so "lame" "sheepishly" enjoying songs live that I happen to like. Something must be wrong with me!

Last edited by Fe Maiden; 05-27-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Headbanger

Too funny. I saw Testament on the New Order tour with 15 people in the crowd so I just laugh at the idiotic kid assumptions.

Funny thing is they didn't play Souls of Black last night. We kinda got shafted since the show had to end at 11:pm for some stupid reason.

They cut Do or Die, Electric Crown and Souls. The only one I really cared about was Do or Die but Lazarus AD we so great that I can't bitch.

I can't recommend a new band more than Lazarus and they're cool as shit to have a few beers with.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Too funny. I saw Testament on the New Order tour with 15 people in the crowd so I just laugh at the idiotic kid assumptions.

Funny thing is they didn't play Souls of Black last night. We kinda got shafted since the show had to end at 11:pm for some stupid reason.

They cut Do or Die, Electric Crown and Souls. The only one I really cared about was Do or Die but Lazarus AD we so great that I can't bitch.

I can't recommend a new band more than Lazarus and they're cool as shit to have a few beers with.
My first concert was Led Zeppelin so next to me you are a kid. I never said idiotic. Your word not mine.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Headbanger

Cool deal man. Maybe if you made a cool comment like Seven Days of May, nice call! rather than raises hand we could have actually had an intelligent conversation.

Everyone I talked to last night agreed Souls of Black is their worst album by a mile and it was cool hearing more stuff from The Gathering and talking about music that is still relevant today.

Also comparing Souls of Black to Number of the Beast is blasphemous. It's more like Fear of the Dark. A title track from an album where they were just trying to be commercial and get played on the radio and mtv. Nothing remotely classic about a song like that. They should be forgotten. Hence my comparison...
Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Cool deal man. Maybe if you made a cool comment like Seven Days of May, nice call! rather than raises hand we could have actually had an intelligent conversation.

Everyone I talked to last night agreed Souls of Black is their worst album by a mile and it was cool hearing more stuff from The Gathering and talking about music that is still relevant today.

Also comparing Souls of Black to Number of the Beast is blasphemous. It's more like Fear of the Dark. A title track from an album where they were just trying to be commercial and get played on the radio and mtv. Nothing remotely classic about a song like that. They should be forgotten. Hence my comparison...
Sorry that I like to hear songs that I like. It's my opinion and taste. Seems you feel your opinion is fact but the opinions of others are lame, sheepish, blasphemous, or not intelligent. For the record, I did not compare SOB to NOTB. Another poster did. Read more carefully so we really can have an intelligent conversation. All you have really done is show yourself to be a closed minded asshole in this thread and I know I am not the only one who feels that way!

Last edited by Fe Maiden; 05-27-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:

Souls of Black was not a terrible album, it just was not as good as their others. In my opinion, Testament never released a bad record, but if you want to go so far as to say that they tried to reach commerciality, it would be MUCH better for you to have said "The Ritual". And Souls of Black is indeed a Testament classic, its a good song and its great live, so I really can't understand the level of ignorance that you are showing, unless you enjoy showcasing your opinion as fact.

And what's wrong with Fear of the Dark? Sorta crappy album, but the song is awesome. And before you start, no it is not one of my favorite Maiden songs.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Headbanger

And I'm not the only one who thinks so...

Dude I've officially lost ALL respect for you. I responded to your personal message and explained my point perfectly I thought. I'm not here to flame people but you're a total flamer for saying something so feminine. Clay Aiken called and wants his sack back.

You're the guy who yells YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING at Priest shows and disgusts everyone around them. Seriously educate yourself on testament and maybe you would rather hear a well constructed song with clever lyrics rather than fodder.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
And I'm not the only one who thinks so...

Dude I've officially lost ALL respect for you. I responded to your personal message and explained my point perfectly I thought. I'm not here to flame people but you're a total flamer for saying something so feminine. Clay Aiken called and wants his sack back.

You're the guy who yells YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING at Priest shows and disgusts everyone around them. Seriously educate yourself on testament and maybe you would rather hear a well constructed song with clever lyrics rather than fodder.
feminine??? Seems you never had respect for me or my opinion since the get go. Obviously your opinion is the only one that can possibly be correct right?

Last edited by Fe Maiden; 05-27-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Souls of Black was not a terrible album, it just was not as good as their others. In my opinion, Testament never released a bad record, but if you want to go so far as to say that they tried to reach commerciality, it would be MUCH better for you to have said "The Ritual". And Souls of Black is indeed a Testament classic, its a good song and its great live, so I really can't understand the level of ignorance that you are showing, unless you enjoy showcasing your opinion as fact.

And what's wrong with Fear of the Dark? Sorta crappy album, but the song is awesome. And before you start, no it is not one of my favorite Maiden songs.
Good point. The Ritual was an extension of Souls of Black to me. They lost their edge and lost a huge part of their fan base in the process. Sure they gained a few soccer moms with Return to Serenity but the damage they did at that point is a main reason there were only 300 people at the show last night.

If I wasn't passionate about this I wouldn't care. It sucked to have such a small crowd there but there were very few pits and tons of headbanging. I loved it

Tags
testament