Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
N00B

Slipknot -- Sioux Falls, SD -- May 12th, 2009

KRROFEST 2009 in South Dakota. My friends were like...lets go on a road trip! so i decided to go along.

most of the bands i didnt really care for but it was an outdoor show, which i always seem to enjoy

Slipknot Headlined with Korn, The Used, Clutch, All That Remains, and Dirtfedd

Slipknots Setlist was as followed:

1) Iowa/742617000027
2) Sic
3) Eyeless
4) Wait And Bleed
5) My Plague
6) Before I Forget
7) Get This
8) Sulfer
9) Blisters Exists
10) Dead Memories
11) Left Behind
12) Disasterpiece
13) Psychosocial
14) Duality
15) People = Shit
-----
16) Surfacing
17) Spit It Out

out of the 5 times i have seen Slipknot this was probably my favorite yet as i always seem to have trouble getting into their music live for some reason.

All That Remains Setlist was:

1) Chiron
2) Not Alone
3) The Air I Breathe
4) Six
5) Undone
6) Two Weeks
7) This Calling

they had good sound but i am not really into these guys either.

The Used was very...not anything i want to see again, this girl that was in front of me was actually crying and taking 9000000 pictures of the lead singer. true story!

Clutch is always a good time live!

Korn was good, lots of kids got into them, they played all their popular songs, i dont remember the order i could probably come up with a fairly accurate setlist if someone wanted

Dirtfedd was pretty cool suprisingly, the singer sounded like Randy from Lamb of God, but they had a sound similar to Bleeding Through, with fairly heavy synth but too many breakdowns for me personally. my favorite song by them, only because of the lyrics went something like "You broke my hearts, now i break your face!" i had to laugh every time they said that. overall pretty fun show surprisingly.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

slipknot needs to do more from ahig and get rid of get this
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Concert Veteran

Nice to see My Plague in the set. They usually don't do it too often anymore
Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 PM
N00B

its kind of funny...i use to be literally obsessed with these guys in high school, when their Self Titles and Iowa were both released...but the only songs anyone sang along to at this show were the new ones and Duality. otherwise it was like everyone was clueless...it was kind of funny.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
slipknot needs to do more from ahig and get rid of get this
no they don't ahig is a terrible album. dead memories shows how much they truly did sell out on the album. pyschosocial is a good song. all hope is gone is good. All others are not too good.

get this is not a bad song either. It could be omitted and I wouldn't mind, but it's still a decent song.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalkz View Post
its kind of funny...i use to be literally obsessed with these guys in high school, when their Self Titles and Iowa were both released...but the only songs anyone sang along to at this show were the new ones and Duality. otherwise it was like everyone was clueless...it was kind of funny.
It's like that at a lot of shows with the more well known bands. People come cos they wanna hear those two songs the radio plays from them. When I saw them on meyham fest last year it was like that. Most people gave the stuff off the Self Titled and Iowa a nothing reaction but when they did stuff off Vol 3 and played Psychosocial everyone got into it. I've never seen the point of spending the money to see a band if don't know most of their stuff. It's always seemed a little strange to me that people do that.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanatarium78 View Post
It's like that at a lot of shows with the more well known bands. People come cos they wanna hear those two songs the radio plays from them. When I saw them on meyham fest last year it was like that. Most people gave the stuff off the Self Titled and Iowa a nothing reaction but when they did stuff off Vol 3 and played Psychosocial everyone got into it. I've never seen the point of spending the money to see a band if don't know most of their stuff. It's always seemed a little strange to me that people do that.
I only see bands I'm not to well into to hopefully like them better. What better way to get into a band then to see them live playing a "greatest hits" set. I've done that a few times, but yeah I know what you mean. I saw Stone Sour with Shadows fall a couple years ago and there were a lot of young-middle aged (36-45) Women there and they were mostly there for "Through The Glass". Whereas I got "Get Inside"
Old 05-13-2009, 04:53 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalkz View Post
It was like that at mayhemfest. i think i might of been the only one who really cared. or maybe i just gave a bigger reaction i was headbanging the whole set.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
N00B

Dangit, kinda upset no "Vermillion" was played...as this could be a very similar set to Rock on the Range on Saturday. Though "My Plague" would be a treat...I'll take one or the other if they don't give us both, haha.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I only see bands I'm not to well into to hopefully like them better. What better way to get into a band then to see them live playing a "greatest hits" set. I've done that a few times, but yeah I know what you mean. I saw Stone Sour with Shadows fall a couple years ago and there were a lot of young-middle aged (36-45) Women there and they were mostly there for "Through The Glass". Whereas I got "Get Inside"
I've just never been big on shelling money out for tickets of artists i'm not familiar with. To each his own I suppose. I saw Stone Sour on that same tour and the crowd was into everything they did for the most part. Different cities always give different reactions I guess

Tags
all that remains, clutch, dirtfedd, korn, slipknot, the used