Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord2009 View Post
That set is sweet!
Holier than thou has come up a few times now, hopefully they'll do some more black album stuff like the god that failed or through the never.
I disagree. The St. Anger tour in 2004 degenerated into part 2 of the Black Album tour. Songs like Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Through The Never and Of Wolf And Man were played a lot on that tour. They do not need to start doing that again, because none of those songs are that good live, and because they're still playing 3 other Black Album songs (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters) at every show.

For example, when I saw them on October 19, 2004 in Philadelphia they played 6 songs from the Black Album. That's ridiculous.

If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?

If they're going to break out some rarer stuff, how about Orion, Trapped Under Ice or anything from Kill 'Em All or Garage Inc?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?
I'm not saying they should play 6 songs off of the Black Album, but I would take any song from the Black Album over those you have listed.

I was seriously disappointed when we got Memory Remains in St. Louis instead of Ride The Lightning. That's not even remotely funny.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Rule of thumb:

Any band with more than 5 albums shouldn't play more than 3 songs off of any one album which is not their newest, unless somehow there is a really good reason for it.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 AM
N00B

i doubt they will ever play "orion" live again.. it's sort of a cliff burton thing. but, you never know.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 AM
N00B

Quote:
I disagree. The St. Anger tour in 2004 degenerated into part 2 of the Black Album tour. Songs like Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Through The Never and Of Wolf And Man were played a lot on that tour. They do not need to start doing that again, because none of those songs are that good live, and because they're still playing 3 other Black Album songs (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters) at every show.

For example, when I saw them on October 19, 2004 in Philadelphia they played 6 songs from the Black Album. That's ridiculous.

If they're going to break out some rarer stuff, how about Orion, Trapped Under Ice or anything from Kill 'Em All or Garage Inc?
Id rather not see the slower ones (accept outlaw torn!), I was a bit annoyed when I saw them in Sheffield and memory remains was played. I do agree that 6 black album songs is ridiculous but exchaning holier than thou for through the never seems like a good idea.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I was seriously disappointed when we got Memory Remains in St. Louis instead of Ride The Lightning. That's not even remotely funny.
I definitely agree with you there. I think The Memory Remains is a good live song because of the crowd participation. But it doesn't hold a candle to Ride The Lightning or any of their older songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Rule of thumb:

Any band with more than 5 albums shouldn't play more than 3 songs off of any one album which is not their newest, unless somehow there is a really good reason for it.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahhhhhhh View Post
i doubt they will ever play "orion" live again.. it's sort of a cliff burton thing. but, you never know.
Orion has been performed live approximately 25 times since 2005. Mostly in Europe though.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 AM
N00B

Quote:

Orion has been performed live approximately 25 times since 2005. Mostly in Europe though.
man.. i didn't realize that. well, that's exciting!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahhhhhhh View Post
man.. i didn't realize that. well, that's exciting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TajWdB2q0
Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 AM
N00B

Quote:

Amazing! love the pink floyd "one of these days" intro
Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltar View Post
You're funny. The Outlaw Torn is easily the best of all the Loads and easily top 10 out of all Metallica's songs.
How

hero of the day and until it sleeps are the best from load

ive tried to get threw all of load i cant do it

Tags
metallica