Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord2009 View Post
That set is sweet!
Holier than thou has come up a few times now, hopefully they'll do some more black album stuff like the god that failed or through the never.
I disagree. The St. Anger tour in 2004 degenerated into part 2 of the Black Album tour. Songs like Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Through The Never and Of Wolf And Man were played a lot on that tour. They do not need to start doing that again, because none of those songs are that good live, and because they're still playing 3 other Black Album songs (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters) at every show.

For example, when I saw them on October 19, 2004 in Philadelphia they played 6 songs from the Black Album. That's ridiculous.

If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?

If they're going to break out some rarer stuff, how about Orion, Trapped Under Ice or anything from Kill 'Em All or Garage Inc?
__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?
I'm not saying they should play 6 songs off of the Black Album, but I would take any song from the Black Album over those you have listed.

I was seriously disappointed when we got Memory Remains in St. Louis instead of Ride The Lightning. That's not even remotely funny.
__________________
04/05: Dream Theater
04/29: Graveyard
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Rule of thumb:

Any band with more than 5 albums shouldn't play more than 3 songs off of any one album which is not their newest, unless somehow there is a really good reason for it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 AM
bwahhhhhhh's Avatar
bwahhhhhhh bwahhhhhhh is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 28
i doubt they will ever play "orion" live again.. it's sort of a cliff burton thing. but, you never know.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 AM
PhantomLord2009 PhantomLord2009 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
I disagree. The St. Anger tour in 2004 degenerated into part 2 of the Black Album tour. Songs like Holier Than Thou, The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Through The Never and Of Wolf And Man were played a lot on that tour. They do not need to start doing that again, because none of those songs are that good live, and because they're still playing 3 other Black Album songs (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters) at every show.

For example, when I saw them on October 19, 2004 in Philadelphia they played 6 songs from the Black Album. That's ridiculous.

If they're going to break out some slower stuff, how about Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn or The Memory Remains?

If they're going to break out some rarer stuff, how about Orion, Trapped Under Ice or anything from Kill 'Em All or Garage Inc?
Id rather not see the slower ones (accept outlaw torn!), I was a bit annoyed when I saw them in Sheffield and memory remains was played. I do agree that 6 black album songs is ridiculous but exchaning holier than thou for through the never seems like a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 AM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
I was seriously disappointed when we got Memory Remains in St. Louis instead of Ride The Lightning. That's not even remotely funny.
I definitely agree with you there. I think The Memory Remains is a good live song because of the crowd participation. But it doesn't hold a candle to Ride The Lightning or any of their older songs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Rule of thumb:

Any band with more than 5 albums shouldn't play more than 3 songs off of any one album which is not their newest, unless somehow there is a really good reason for it.
Agreed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahhhhhhh View Post
i doubt they will ever play "orion" live again.. it's sort of a cliff burton thing. but, you never know.
Orion has been performed live approximately 25 times since 2005. Mostly in Europe though.
__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 AM
bwahhhhhhh's Avatar
bwahhhhhhh bwahhhhhhh is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post

Orion has been performed live approximately 25 times since 2005. Mostly in Europe though.
man.. i didn't realize that. well, that's exciting!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahhhhhhh View Post
man.. i didn't realize that. well, that's exciting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TajWdB2q0
__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 AM
bwahhhhhhh's Avatar
bwahhhhhhh bwahhhhhhh is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post

Amazing! love the pink floyd "one of these days" intro
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltar View Post
You're funny. The Outlaw Torn is easily the best of all the Loads and easily top 10 out of all Metallica's songs.
How


hero of the day and until it sleeps are the best from load

ive tried to get threw all of load i cant do it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008