The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-18-2009, 06:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I don't at all. I don't want to go to a show knowing which songs they're going to play. Playing the same setlist every night serves the fans who only give a shit about the hits. If you want the same big songs every night, go to a pop concert.

When I'm a fan of a band I know all of their songs, not just the same collection everyone else knows. And I want to see them play them.

Not every concert in every city has the same fanbase where it would be "fair" in a sense to throw in a surprise here and there. I would be pissed if another city got a "better" setlist than mine. I think it's only fair everyone sees the same show, considering we're all paying around the same price. Changing songs per tour however, should be expected. Of course they'll keep their main hits for those people who have never seen them, but every band usually adds surprises in per tour.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:33 AM
N00B

Quote:
I don't at all. I don't want to go to a show knowing which songs they're going to play. Playing the same setlist every night serves the fans who only give a shit about the hits.
I don't know if I'm just mis-interpreting the the point of this forum or not. If you don't want to know what songs a band is gonna play, wouldn't it make sense to NOT read the set list in advance?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:52 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
I don't at all. I don't want to go to a show knowing which songs they're going to play. Playing the same setlist every night serves the fans who only give a shit about the hits. If you want the same big songs every night, go to a pop concert.

When I'm a fan of a band I know all of their songs, not just the same collection everyone else knows. And I want to see them play them.
Exactly.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
My band is called Necromance. We're based out of Eastern Pennsylvania and play more or less melodic/traditional power metal. We also have a couple of songs that we pretty much have to play every show, and frankly we want to, but we always keep the other songs changing.
our website is www.necromancetheband.com and our myspace is www.myspace.com/necromancetheband
You can hear some music on the myspace from our brand new CD, available online for $10 (w/ shipping).
Thanks to this post alone, I just discovered Necromance!!
Just spent an hour looking at your website and checking your vids on youtube, as well as your profile on facebook.
Great band, great singer!

Tags
ac/dc