Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Murderfest -- Hollywood, CA -- May 9th, 2009

Review coming soon. These are the 3 sets I know I got at least 90% right (Ghoul I'm 100% on, Phobia the songs are right but the order may not be perfect, and General Surgery is mostly right but I might have left a few out.)


Phobia:
1. Continue Insane
2. So Full of Hate
3. Death to False Punks
4. Beer Bitches and Bulletbelts
5. Abuse the Truth
6. Rise Up
7. Contest to Amend
8. The Stench
9. Sick Life
10. Get Up and Kill
11. Ailing Addiction
12. Beer Break
13. Blind Arrogance
14. Let's Get Pissed
15. Blood Sport
16. Ultimate Suffering (w/ Sean McGrath)
17. I Reject
18. Cruel

Ghoul:
1. New Intro Song
2. Numbskull
3. Bury the Hatchet
4. Splatterthrash
5. Mutant Mutilator
6. Roadkill
7. Maniaxe
8. Rise Killbot Rise
9. Graveyard Mosh
10. We're the Kids in America (Kill the Kids in America)

General Surgery:
1. Necronomics
2. Fulguration
3. Restrained Remains
4. The League of Extraordinary Grave Robbers
5. Slithering Maceration of Ulcerous Facial Tissue
6. Decomposer
7. Necrocriticism
8. Necrodecontamination
9. Final Excarnation
10. Ichor
11. Adnexal Mass
12. Exotoxic Septicity
13 Virulent Corpse Dispersement
14. Repulsion Cover (not sure which one)
15. Ambulance Chaser
16. If These Walls Could Talk

Last edited by Wizzbang11; 01-31-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
Those sets are 100% Grade A

GHOUL!
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
this was a really great concert, the longest one i've ever attended. I had the pleasure of meeting Wizzbang at the show, and had fun meetin him and his friends.

First band up was Burning at the Stake, a local band which I have really come to enjoy. They really tore it up and got a few people moshing. They're really great performers and don't fail to impress.

Next was a band called Dia De Los Muertos, Mexican Death Metal. They weren't really my thing, but my friend enjoyed them.

I think it was right after that where we got hungry and went to some pizza place, regrettfully missing a band named Call the Paramedics, which I'm sure Wizzbang will tell you about...

Next we saw a satanic metal band called Arkaik. They were alright. Enough said.

Then came a band full of egotistical assholes who you'd love to hate. Most rude, racist, homophobic, assholes I think I've ever seen. They're song titles were just a joke. Nevertheless, I had fun laughing at the outrageousness of the band.

After that came much of the reason I went in the first place. Crematorium! My second time seeing them, they were a lot better this time than last time I think. My only complaint is wishing they had longer than 25 minutes and had played their Pantera cover of "Fucking Hostile." Nevertheless I had a real fun pit experience for them.

If I remember correctly, next thing we did was have a very healthy meal at Haagen Dahz!

When we got back we saw Ghoul. I was so impressed by the talent of them! Really, really, great band. It was so fun to see Killbot, and all the other numbskulls and Ghoul Maniacs. Wonderful band, and hope to see them again someday. They by far got the best crowd response of the night.

When we came back, the band Abcess was getting ready to take the stage. I was not a fan of them, and nor were my friends, so we mostly just walked around during their set.

We decided to check out the other stage because the Side Stage Headliner, Coffins, was playing. They were japanese death metal. I appreciated the skill and quality of the live performance but for whatever reason did not get into them.

Next, a band called General Surgery started to play. I was praying they would be good as the recent bands had not impressed. They were insane! They came out covered in blood and had really hot nurses pouring blood on people. I believe they came from Sweden. Really cool band, bought a t-shirt by them after the show.

Before the Dying Fetus set, I had the pleasure of meeting an AMAZING artist named Tom Koehl: http://www.myspace.com/tonykoehl

After that, I was so exhausted. 11 hours of straight death metal will do that to you. I rested during most of Dying Fetus's set with my friends. Their really talented, but I was really just too tired to give a shit I'll see them on Summer Slaughter where I'll give them a second chance.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting, but this was really a great day. Got to see and meet some great people and bands, and have so much fun.

Last edited by b_halperin; 05-10-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
When we came back, the band Abcess was getting ready to take the stage. I was not a fan of them, and nor were my friends, so we mostly just walked around during their set.
asdijfaosidjfasjf
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2009, 03:54 PM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
asdijfaosidjfasjf
don't worry. we gave them a chance, they just weren't great. and the drummer was scary as shit
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Part1:
Murderfest was great fun. Really, one of the best festivals I have been to. I got to the venue about an hour early and saw a lot of the bands going in and out, but it was largely uneventful. The venue itself is pretty nice, and somehow they have it so even though there is no door between the mainstage and the frontstage you cannot hear anything past a certain point in the hallway, so there was music going on 90% of the time. They had some pretty cool vendors there, I got 2 misprinted shirts for 5$ each (General Surgery and Blood Freak) from the Warlord stand, the only problem was that they were missing the printing on the back. I also picked up a Phobia shirt, and planned to pick up a Ghoul shirt, but I had the shirt they were selling.

The first band up was Burning at the Stake, they were pretty good. There didnt seem to be anyone aside from bhalperin's friends and my friends which were actually into them. At one point the singer through his shirt into the crowd, but it just sat there on the floor for a minute. It was kinda sad. They played a song called Creature of Unspeakable Horror, or something to that effect. I don't remember any others.

Die De Los Muertos were up next. They did nothing for me. The chick singer was annoying.

There are two bands listed between DDLM and Lightning Swords of Death, but I honestly have no recollection of seeing any band between those two, so I'll just go with LSoD. LSoD ruled. I had never heard of them before, and they didnt really fit with the rest of the fest, but they slayed. The bass player was great and seemed to worship Cronos, but it fit with the whole black metal/barbarian attire of the band. I couldn't tell you any songs they played, but I picked up a CD so maybe I will remember some. For a while I was SURE their drummer was Ross Sewage, but looking at pictures of impaled now I dont think it was him. Maybe. They don't have a drummer listed on myspace and Ross would have been there. So maybe.

Call the Paramedics. Somehow I had not heard of this band before. This was the single scariest concert experience of my life. I came in about 1 song into the set, to be greeted with a singer with blood streaming down the side of his face. Naturally, I assumed it was fake. Nope. My friends informed me that he had taken a razor from a bag and carved up his forehead. Shorty after this I guess there was not enough blood and he started smashing his head into the mic until there was more. At this point in time all damage done has been to the singer, so, eh, its shocking, but I don't really care. There were 3-4 fans out, and they all looked the same and were flailing about with no shirts, hitting people with their shirts. That wasn't fun, but I didnt really care. Then...the singer takes out a large staple gun and begins to staple dollars to his chest and forehead until more blood is slowly seeping out of him. The frightening part began when the crazy punk starts stapling the crowd. I can't say I'm used to bands causing that type of physical injury to the crowd, but still, I didn't really care THAT much (and I didnt get stapled). Throughout this whole thing his fans are punching at him, he is hitting them with the mic, etc. Then... the singer says some line about how this next one is going to teach all those who arent truly hardcore a lesson, and he take a wooden bat with a sock wrapped around the top and picks it up. He then lit said bat and turned it into a torch. I figured he'd do some fire dance with it. Nope. He jumped into the crowd and started swinging the weapon frantically around as people hurriedly tried to get out of his way. He kept doing this as his fans hit him with things and he swung it at them until the torch went out. The next "antic" happened as the singer took barbed wire out of his bag and wrapped it around himself for a song. After that, he tried to take it off, but it was hooked to his skin/clothes, so he ripped his shirt off and turned it into a barbed wire flail, and reenacted the fire attack, this time with a large string of barbed wire. My friend actually got hit in the leg with it, and at that point bailed on the band (understandably). They played a few more songs and lit parts of the drumset on fire, spat beer at them and made fire explosions. The whole thing ended with the drummer mocking Ghoul and putting a hood on and saying something about how they were real, and Ghoul weren't. It was sort of awesome, and also sort of terrifying. I won't be going to a Call the Paramedics concert anytime soon. The music was actually pretty good, they introduced every song, but the only ones I can remember now are It's Not Rape It's Surprise Sex, Cum in Her Ear Pussy, and some song title that had to do with Your Girlfriends Tits.

After that I walked over and caught the last 10 minutes of the Meat Shits. Fuck the Meat Shits. Their bigotry goes beyond the point of somewhat humorous and into just fucking stupid. Sniper at the Fag Parade? Really? Their singer was a total douchebag too. Almost everything he said had the words faggot, cocksucker, or fudgepacker in it. My favorite moronic quote was "I'm in a fucking backbrace [he was in a backbrace for the show] because I fractured by fucking spine you motherfucking faggot cocksucker". Pretty typical of everything he said. Some guy ranted at him after the show and through something at him. All he responded with was "faggot", I'm betting this wasn't the first time something like that happened.

Part 2 in a few.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post

Call the Paramedics. Somehow I had not heard of this band before. This was the single scariest concert experience of my life. I came in about 1 song into the set, to be greeted with a singer with blood streaming down the side of his face. Naturally, I assumed it was fake. Nope. My friends informed me that he had taken a razor from a bag and carved up his forehead. Shorty after this I guess there was not enough blood and he started smashing his head into the mic until there was more. At this point in time all damage done has been to the singer, so, eh, its shocking, but I don't really care. There were 3-4 fans out, and they all looked the same and were flailing about with no shirts, hitting people with their shirts. That wasn't fun, but I didnt really care. Then...the singer takes out a large staple gun and begins to staple dollars to his chest and forehead until more blood is slowly seeping out of him. The frightening part began when the crazy punk starts stapling the crowd. I can't say I'm used to bands causing that type of physical injury to the crowd, but still, I didn't really care THAT much (and I didnt get stapled). Throughout this whole thing his fans are punching at him, he is hitting them with the mic, etc. Then... the singer says some line about how this next one is going to teach all those who arent truly hardcore a lesson, and he take a wooden bat with a sock wrapped around the top and picks it up. He then lit said bat and turned it into a torch. I figured he'd do some fire dance with it. Nope. He jumped into the crowd and started swinging the weapon frantically around as people hurriedly tried to get out of his way. He kept doing this as his fans hit him with things and he swung it at them until the torch went out. The next "antic" happened as the singer took barbed wire out of his bag and wrapped it around himself for a song. After that, he tried to take it off, but it was hooked to his skin/clothes, so he ripped his shirt off and turned it into a barbed wire flail, and reenacted the fire attack, this time with a large string of barbed wire. My friend actually got hit in the leg with it, and at that point bailed on the band (understandably). They played a few more songs and lit parts of the drumset on fire, spat beer at them and made fire explosions. The whole thing ended with the drummer mocking Ghoul and putting a hood on and saying something about how they were real, and Ghoul weren't. It was sort of awesome, and also sort of terrifying. I won't be going to a Call the Paramedics concert anytime soon. The music was actually pretty good, they introduced every song, but the only ones I can remember now are It's Not Rape It's Surprise Sex, Cum in Her Ear Pussy, and some song title that had to do with Your Girlfriends Tits.
.......
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-10-2009, 04:24 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Part1:

Call the Paramedics. Somehow I had not heard of this band before. This was the single scariest concert experience of my life. I came in about 1 song into the set, to be greeted with a singer with blood streaming down the side of his face. Naturally, I assumed it was fake. Nope. My friends informed me that he had taken a razor from a bag and carved up his forehead. Shorty after this I guess there was not enough blood and he started smashing his head into the mic until there was more. At this point in time all damage done has been to the singer, so, eh, its shocking, but I don't really care. There were 3-4 fans out, and they all looked the same and were flailing about with no shirts, hitting people with their shirts. That wasn't fun, but I didnt really care. Then...the singer takes out a large staple gun and begins to staple dollars to his chest and forehead until more blood is slowly seeping out of him. The frightening part began when the crazy punk starts stapling the crowd. I can't say I'm used to bands causing that type of physical injury to the crowd, but still, I didn't really care THAT much (and I didnt get stapled). Throughout this whole thing his fans are punching at him, he is hitting them with the mic, etc. Then... the singer says some line about how this next one is going to teach all those who arent truly hardcore a lesson, and he take a wooden bat with a sock wrapped around the top and picks it up. He then lit said bat and turned it into a torch. I figured he'd do some fire dance with it. Nope. He jumped into the crowd and started swinging the weapon frantically around as people hurriedly tried to get out of his way. He kept doing this as his fans hit him with things and he swung it at them until the torch went out. The next "antic" happened as the singer took barbed wire out of his bag and wrapped it around himself for a song. After that, he tried to take it off, but it was hooked to his skin/clothes, so he ripped his shirt off and turned it into a barbed wire flail, and reenacted the fire attack, this time with a large string of barbed wire. My friend actually got hit in the leg with it, and at that point bailed on the band (understandably). They played a few more songs and lit parts of the drumset on fire, spat beer at them and made fire explosions. The whole thing ended with the drummer mocking Ghoul and putting a hood on and saying something about how they were real, and Ghoul weren't. It was sort of awesome, and also sort of terrifying. I won't be going to a Call the Paramedics concert anytime soon. The music was actually pretty good, they introduced every song, but the only ones I can remember now are It's Not Rape It's Surprise Sex, Cum in Her Ear Pussy, and some song title that had to do with Your Girlfriends Tits.
oh my goodness. I'm glad I'm not a fan of any of these bands. THIS is not music. 'Nuff said.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
oh my goodness. I'm glad I'm not a fan of any of these bands. THIS is not music. 'Nuff said.
+1
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-10-2009, 04:41 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 20,494
Blog Entries: 19
Lightning Swords of Death is gonna be here for the KCPMF this year!

Call The Paramedics sounds............interesting.
__________________
04/16 - Ringworm
04/19 - Trog
04/22 - Ghost
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
general surgery, ghoul, phobia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008