Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Make room for all the shitty mallcore acts wanting to get a record deal? No thanks. Eat diapershit. Die.
:lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2handband View Post
I'm a bit young for that, but the first concert I ever attended was the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour a few years later. Incredible show, but I'm just really not that interested in looking back. I want a constant supply of new music, and most younger bands are shit.

new albums>>>>>>>>>>oldies tours
If you are too young to know that's your loss I guess! You really don't know what you missed and therefore don't know what you're talking about in that regard. For some of us it brought back some wonderful memories!

True that most younger bands are shit!

Not all new albums are as good as going back in time tours!!!

Last edited by Fe Maiden; 05-07-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
If you are too young to know that's your loss I guess! You really don't know what you missed and therefore don't know what you're talking about in that regard. For some of us it brought back some wonderful memories!

True that most younger bands are shit!

Not all new albums are as good as going back in time tours!!!
As I said, I DID see SSOASS. Great memories, but I'm just not interested in nostalgia. I like looking forward.

To respond to a couple of other people's comments:

Not liking some of Maiden's songs doesn't make me a non-fan. Do you like every single song ANY band has ever recorded? Even when I was a kid back in the '80s I thought most of Maiden's singles were amongst the weakest tracks on the albums. TTAL>>>>>>>>>>The Trooper, for example. And Iron Maiden is one of the worst songs they've ever recorded.

A tour like SBIT is ideally an opportunity to pull out tons of rarities and deep cuts, and Maiden completely blew it. I'd say it's official; gems like TTAL and CSIT will never be performed live again.

When I was a kid it was quite typical to buy a dozen or so great albums every year. These days I feel lucky if there's two or three. Does nobody else see this as a problem???!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:

A tour like SBIT Maiden completely blew it.
Matter of opinion I guess! One of the best shows I've ever been too as far as I'm concerned!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:

When I was a kid it was quite typical to buy a dozen or so great albums every year. These days I feel lucky if there's two or three. Does nobody else see this as a problem???!!!

And its exactly the reason why "nostalgia" is such a popular concept. If there were so many acclaimed bands making waves in metal that were universally loved, many of the old bands probably wouldn't exist nowadays. But because so many of them suck, the old guard is welcomed with open arms.

I do agree with the SBIT tour being an opportunity to bring out a shit-ton of deep classics. I was really hoping that TTAL would come out but it didn't happen. I mean if Maiden think they can survive playing only 5 classics on the AMOLAD tour, then that's all they should need on any tour.

Last edited by JRA; 05-07-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Tags
the iron maidens