Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

  #1  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,581
Amon Amarth -- Orlando, FL -- May 1st, 2009

The Absence
Riders of The Plauge
Dead and Gone
The Murder
From Your Grave
Into The Pit

Skeletonwitch
Vengeance Will Be Mine
Fire From The Sky
Limb From Limb
Sacrifice for the Slaughter God
Crushed Beyond Dust
Baptized in Flames
Beyond the Permafrost
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Upon Wings of Black
Within My Blood

I'm not as familiar with Goatwhore, but I know some songs were...
A Haunting Curse
Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
Sky Inferno
And Then I wanna say they played 3 New songs, "Something" Havoc, Carving Out The Eyes of God, and some other. The new songs were AMAZING!

Amon Amarth
Twilight of the Thunder God
Free Will Sacrifice
Asator
Varyags of Miklagaard
For The Stabwounds in Our Backs
Runes to My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Fate of Norns
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Death in Fire
Victorious March
----
Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

The show was awesome start to finish. Each band kicked major ass. Before going into "Death In Fire", Johan (singer) said "Oh yes, so we played up in Atlanta the other night ::BOOOO!:: I don't know man, up there they were pretty loud, loudest date on the tour. ::BOO!!!:: Are you louder? ::HUGE POP:: Are you LOUDER?! ::Twice the Pop!:: That's why we love Florida, and most of all Orlando. You guys are the baddest and loudest mother fuckers in all of North America! We made the mistake of missing the south the 1st time around ::BOO!:: But let me tell you... We will NEVER make the same mistake again!"

The place was absolutely going nuts during Amon's whole set. Sadly due to them playing a nightclub that is open to public around 11:00 or 11:30 they had to cut Rainbow Bridge...

Talked to Skeletonwitch and they said they are hoping to record in the summer and release new album in Sept., and their next tour is suppose to be a Eastern Southern tour in Sept. and if not then Oct. for sure. The new song was awesome so the new album will be nothing but amazing aswell.

Though it's the end of the tour, All Merch for Shirts was $25. Amon Amarth had the only tour shirt I saw. And about 7-8 Designs total. I tried to trade in an Old Trivium shirt for a new Absence shirt (they used to do that to support "true florida metal" ) but they said no and laughed. Instead they drew on the shirt with a marker and gave me a lot of stickers. Besides Amon, all the bands were out by the merch hanging around. EVERYONE was nice and very approachable.

I'm seeing Goatwhore in June in St. Pete so I'll try and familiarize myself with their music to have a better setlist. Daath will also play, so BADASS!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Great show .
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
If I get that Skeletonwitch setlist in June, I'll be a happy guy.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
If I get that Skeletonwitch setlist in June, I'll be a happy guy.
I hiope you do, they were flawless last night. Nice guys too, I didn't buy a shirt or cd last time I saw them so I bought a shirt and tipped them $20 bucks I had left over in my wallet. they were very happy and promised to "thrash all night" because of the tip. And they did!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I hiope you do, they were flawless last night. Nice guys too, I didn't buy a shirt or cd last time I saw them so I bought a shirt and tipped them $20 bucks I had left over in my wallet. they were very happy and promised to "thrash all night" because of the tip. And they did!


I've bought something from them each time I've seen them. First time I got a shirt for $10 and tipped them $5 and the next time they were selling a patch, a sticker and 2 buttons for $10 and I tipped them $5 again!
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
GameFreac GameFreac is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Before going into "Death In Fire", Johan (singer) said "Oh yes, so we played up in Atlanta the other night ::BOOOO!:: I don't know man, up there they were pretty loud, loudest date on the tour. ::BOO!!!:: Are you louder? ::HUGE POP:: Are you LOUDER?! ::Twice the Pop!:: That's why we love Florida, and most of all Orlando. You guys are the baddest and loudest mother fuckers in all of North America! We made the mistake of missing the south the 1st time around ::BOO!:: But let me tell you... We will NEVER make the same mistake again!"
They said the exact same thing in Atlanta but they compared us to North Carolina...and said we were the baddest and loudest mother fuckers in North America. I think they say that at every date.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreac View Post
They said the exact same thing in Atlanta but they compared us to North Carolina...and said we were the baddest and loudest mother fuckers in North America. I think they say that at every date.
Well to quote Iron Maiden "The farther south you go, the hotter it gets."

I say we rock harder haha

But all kidding aside I will be up there for the Testament show! Should be amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreac View Post
They said the exact same thing in Atlanta but they compared us to North Carolina...and said we were the baddest and loudest mother fuckers in North America. I think they say that at every date.
Ha, we got that in SF but they compared us to LA. Although as far as CA goes I think they were genuine, because they really drew and impressive crowd and everyone was really getting into them. Plus they took pictures of us. I think LA & SF were the only ones that got that (based on their myspace)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 AM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Ha, we got that in SF but they compared us to LA. Although as far as CA goes I think they were genuine, because they really drew and impressive crowd and everyone was really getting into them. Plus they took pictures of us. I think LA & SF were the only ones that got that (based on their myspace)
amon amarth skipped la

but we got better...A GOATWHORE HEADLINING SHOW!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
amon amarth skipped la

but we got better...A GOATWHORE HEADLINING SHOW!!!
I meant in September, that's where they hit like 4 CA dates.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amon amarth, skeletonwitch, the absence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008