Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Headbanger

I think The Whisper would be a great opener then Neue Regal. I remember seeing them open for Metallica on the Justice tour and almost 10 thousand people signed a petition to hear Surgical Strike and they played it because of that.

I haven't seen them live since strictly because most times they were opening for Dream Theater or whoever and their setlist was a total joke. I'll never understand the fascination with Eyes of a Stranger, Speak, I don't believe in love and revolution calling. Those songs are repetative and boring with unintelligent lyrics to me. In the context of the album they fit but in a live show they're boring. Seriously the chorus to IDBIL is the worst chorus of ANY QR song ever. Those lyrics make Anvil look like mensa menbers. hahaha

My point is if they had only been playing The Needle Lies & Spreading the Disease along with 1 or 2 of those AND Surgical Strike, Whipser, Nightrider, Deliverance & Warning I would have seen many more QR shows. I assumed Geoff just couldn't sing them anymore since he struggles with Take Hold of the flame...
Old 04-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I think The Whisper would be a great opener
They've already done that!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I haven't seen them live since strictly because most times they were opening for Dream Theater or whoever and their setlist was a total joke. I'll never understand the fascination with Eyes of a Stranger, Speak, I don't believe in love and revolution calling. Those songs are repetative and boring with unintelligent lyrics to me. In the context of the album they fit but in a live show they're boring. Seriously the chorus to IDBIL is the worst chorus of ANY QR song ever. Those lyrics make Anvil look like mensa menbers. hahaha
Old 04-22-2009, 07:06 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
They've already done that!
Yeah... 3 of the 4 times I've seen them haha.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
They have done the complete Mindcrime endlessly the last few years so I wouldn't be bothered by nothing off it at all. And I would easily sit thru most of that garbage two nights in a row to hear most of Rage For Order.
While Rage For Order is awesome and i'm glad to see they're playing a lot off it to not do anything off Mindcrime is insane. I've seen them live a few times and have heard a good ammount of Mindcrime live but you still have to do something off it. At every show there's always people seeing that band for the first time expecting to hear certian songs. I know if it was my first time seeing them i'd be disappointed that there was nothing from Mindcrime in the set.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 AM
N00B

But is there anybody left who hasn't seen them? They play here at least once and often twice a year. Seems to me they are desperately coming up with new angles to keep the die hards coming in.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Concert Veteran

They don't play my city (at least not as the headliner) too often so it's deffinately possible there's people out there who want to see them who haven't yet
Old 04-25-2009, 06:55 PM
The Cheese

Set lists are a lose/lose.

Mindcrime? "We're sick of hearing Mindcrime."
No Mindcrime?" "How could they not play Mindcrime!?"

They are basically playing two set lists this tour and rotating those two every other night, which is pretty cool, and seeing as how they actually change a substantial number of songs, kind of rare thing to see.

I think they generally play a mix of what they want to play, and what people want to hear. For having only seen them in the last three years, and not having seen this tour yet (or the last one) I've heard them play over 60 different songs.

That's pretty good imo.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
In Search of Truth

In my opinion, the only thing they really could have done to make this better while keeping the format is move Empire back into the main set, and have the encore be Take Hold and something off Mindcrime, probably Eyes of a Stranger. That way, it totally keeps the Rage For Order/American Soldier/Empire feature in focus, while having both The Warning and Mindcrime somewhat represented.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
In my opinion, the only thing they really could have done to make this better while keeping the format is move Empire back into the main set, and have the encore be Take Hold and something off Mindcrime, probably Eyes of a Stranger. That way, it totally keeps the Rage For Order/American Soldier/Empire feature in focus, while having both The Warning and Mindcrime somewhat represented.
Yeah, that's a good call. I didn't really understand why they were playing "Empire" on occasion as an encore... even if not Mindcrime/Warning, it seems like the encore should at least be from an album not represented every night.

Tags
queensryche