Godflesh -- San Francisco, CA -- April 20th, 2014
Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Semper Fidelis

Anvil -- Seattle, WA -- April 14th, 2009

So, "The Anvil Experience" made its way to Seattle a couple of nights ago on the latest stop of their mini-tour. For those who don't know, "The Anvil Experience" is a screening of the film "Anvil, The Story of Anvil" followed by a short live performance by the band. I saw ATSOA at the Seattle International Film Festival last year and I recommend it highly. The movie and the band have been gaining momentum ever since and it all really is long overdue. I know some of the younger fans think its much ado about nothing, but for a lot of us old school fans who had "Metal on Metal" on vinyl, the chance to finally see Anvil live after all of these years is a pretty big deal.

March of the Crabs
This is Thirteen
White Rhino (Drum Solo)
Metal on Metal
--------------------
Mothra

A really great show - the crowd was totally into it. There were a lot of fans like me who had been waiting years to see the band live. Lips came into the crowd a few times to play guitar and the whole band just seems to be enjoying the moment and soaking it all in. Its nice to see them getting some attention and acclaim after a lot of years of paying their dues. Hopefully they'll get added to the Priest tour this summer and get a chance to play before some bigger crowds. I talked to Reiner at the merch stand before the show and he wouldn't (couldn't?) confirm that they were on that tour. He just said that the band has a lot of things in the works right now. Whatever it is, I hope that they'll continue to tour the states and give some more fans a chance to finally see them play live. Until then, check out the movie - you don't have to be an Anvil fan or a metal fan to enjoy it. Thanks for reading.

Tags
anvil