Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

AC/DC -- London, England -- April 14th, 2009

Black Ice World Tour
Venue: O2 Arena
Support: The Answer
Set Times: 20:35 - 22:30

Rock 'N' Roll Train
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
Back In Black
Big Jack
Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)
Shot Down In Flames
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hells Bells
Shoot To Thrill
War Machine
Anything Goes
You Shook Me All Night Long
TNT
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock >
Angus Young guitar solo
------------------------
Highway To Hell
For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 04-16-2009, 01:04 AM
N00B

wonder if it gets boring playing the same exact show like 150 times in a row
Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahhhhhhh View Post
wonder if it gets boring playing the same exact show like 150 times in a row
Just to play devils advocate, and assuming you are being sarcastic, I bet it is more boring for us to READ the same set on here 150 times in a row than it is for them to play it. They have an audiance of 10-20k a night experiencing this "exact show" for the first time who are assumingly quite pumped up to be in attendance. That is what should keep them from getting bored.
I think it is a misconception that bands who change up their sets every night are better serving their fans.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantchef View Post
I think it is a misconception that bands who change up their sets every night are better serving their fans.
+1

Most of the people see the tour only once. They WOULD wanna see the same songs that were played in other cities. But yeah unless its accompanied by a review, the exact same setlist doesn't need to be posted again and again.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 AM
In Search of Truth

As someone who has played over 50 live shows myself, I can't fathom never changing your set list. Fuck, my band has 14 songs plus 3-5 covers and we never kept our set lists the same. It's just exciting play songs you don't play regularly and keep things fresh. I can't imagine what it's like for a band with over 12 albums. I'm not saying every band should be Dream Theater and basically change their set list 80% every night, but more bands doing night-to-night rotations would really keep things interesting.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 AM
N00B

hey Maiden33 what is your band called? are you in atlanta? I have a band in Nashville (called Noisecult, a cross between Motorhead style rock/punk and stoner rock stuff...)....we have about 25 songs we pull from, most shows we get to play about 11-12 and there are about 4 songs people always want to see and if we drop one of em they will ask me about it later...haha..which is cool to have any songs people want to hear....but to the thread, I think it would be cool to see AC/DC change out a couple songs from time to time....I have seen them multiple times on each tour since 83 and they have always at least swapped out 1 or 2 songs as the weeks went one.
But andrew_metalhead is right most people are going to see this show 1 time, maybe their first time ever seeing the band so to them the setlist is great. ...at least you guys are getting "Shot Down in Flames"..the US didn't get that..so really I guess they did change the set up a little once...
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggus View Post
hey Maiden33 what is your band called? are you in atlanta? I have a band in Nashville (called Noisecult, a cross between Motorhead style rock/punk and stoner rock stuff...)....we have about 25 songs we pull from, most shows we get to play about 11-12 and there are about 4 songs people always want to see and if we drop one of em they will ask me about it later...haha..which is cool to have any songs people want to hear....but to the thread, I think it would be cool to see AC/DC change out a couple songs from time to time....I have seen them multiple times on each tour since 83 and they have always at least swapped out 1 or 2 songs as the weeks went one.
But andrew_metalhead is right most people are going to see this show 1 time, maybe their first time ever seeing the band so to them the setlist is great. ...at least you guys are getting "Shot Down in Flames"..the US didn't get that..so really I guess they did change the set up a little once...
My band is called Necromance. We're based out of Eastern Pennsylvania and play more or less melodic/traditional power metal. We also have a couple of songs that we pretty much have to play every show, and frankly we want to, but we always keep the other songs changing.
our website is www.necromancetheband.com and our myspace is www.myspace.com/necromancetheband
You can hear some music on the myspace from our brand new CD, available online for $10 (w/ shipping).
Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Voodoo Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
As someone who has played over 50 live shows myself, I can't fathom never changing your set list. Fuck, my band has 14 songs plus 3-5 covers and we never kept our set lists the same. It's just exciting play songs you don't play regularly and keep things fresh. I can't imagine what it's like for a band with over 12 albums. I'm not saying every band should be Dream Theater and basically change their set list 80% every night, but more bands doing night-to-night rotations would really keep things interesting.
Right on! I appreciate the set list post, but was rather bored reading it (no disrespect to ravenheart). I couldn't imagine playing the same set every night for such a long tour. AC/DC played St. Paul twice, about a couple of months apart, and obviously it was the same both nights.

Even Maiden mixed up their final leg.

I love the excitement of those possible surprises. With bands like Megadeth and Overkill, you are guaranteed your classics, but usually have a nice surprise waiting for you that your buddies in other states didn't get a few nights earlier.

Great reply.

Last edited by jeremysaal; 04-17-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Ten Thousand Strong Will Seize The Day

AC/DC is always great live, but they barely ever change the setlist. Great band though
10/23 - Mastodon/Dethklok/High on Fire
Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantchef View Post
I don't at all. I don't want to go to a show knowing which songs they're going to play. Playing the same setlist every night serves the fans who only give a shit about the hits. If you want the same big songs every night, go to a pop concert.

When I'm a fan of a band I know all of their songs, not just the same collection everyone else knows. And I want to see them play them.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary

Tags
ac/dc