Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
the period the tour is supposed to represent
goddamn, it may be called "Somewhere Back In Time" but they've said from the beginning it's based more off of the World Slavery tour in both setlist and stage design, ergo, four songs from Powerslave, and a smattering of others from the 80's.

you're just a jaded fanboy
Old 04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
I couldn't make Florida. Nonetheless, I would have been thrilled with the set list. Nitpicking two Maiden set lists like this is no different than bitching about the imperfections between two super models.

Yeah I spoke with the guys who said you weren't gonna be there. Man, it sucks. Hoping to see you there.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Dude fuck Wrathchild. If I need to see one song off of Killers, I'd much rather see the title track, Murders in the Rue Morgue, or, impossibly, Purgatory. Wrathchild is one of the lamest, most overplayed songs Maiden have ever made.
Yes, yes, and no.

I don't know if the Ozzfest dates had a rotating set list, but we got Murders. I'd still like to see Killers.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I vote to ban Maiden33 !

at least change your nick name buddy, you don't deserve to have those letters (Maiden) on you

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM
N00B

I don't think any of those songs could be considered "played out" in Florida and most of the other places they played on this leg.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I can't see a problem with this set. It's about 40% 'regulars' and 60% stuff they don't usually play! It's balanced, is what it is.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

stop bitching you dorks, its a fucking maiden concert, you're supposed to forget all that nerdy nitpicking bullshit and just roll with it and have a good time!

i am surprised they took clairvoyant and revelations out, however, because i knew some people who never saw maiden that were looking forward to see it. but thats no reason to start throwing the band under the bus about.

looking forward to seeing them next year!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
In Search of Truth

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
I vote to ban Maiden33 !

at least change your nick name buddy, you don't deserve to have those letters (Maiden) on you

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Suck it, fanboy. The only way to show love for a band isn't just to kiss their ass and assume everything they do is the best.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 PM
In Search of Truth

I can't say it enough. There's a difference between cutting down the band as a whole and just citing something you don't like. I saw this tour twice, both shows were amazing. I understand the fact that when you're at a show, you don't care what's being played, you are just having a great time. However, the 99.9% of my life I spend not at Maiden shows, it is painfully obvious to me that their set lists are usually nothing but the most absolutely dull kind of bland. As I said, they have 14 studio album discography, and about 75% of it will never ever be played live again or for the first time, even though there's no good reason why. There's no reason why Maiden can't make a set list that contains a few "essential" hits for the people that want them, a bunch of new songs from whatever the would-be new album is, and a handful of rarities for the die-hard fans who don't want to pay expensive prices to see the same songs over and over again. Also, I understand the tour production value doesn't allow for much of this, but a night-to-night rotation of a couple of songs wouldn't kill them, either.
Maybe I just take offense to this tour because Somewhere In Time isn't only my favorite Maiden album, but one of my favorite albums ever made, and this tour seemed like it was finally going to get its due, as it is easily one of the most overlooked classic Maiden albums in the live environment. Instead Maiden gives us the big commercial hit and the one song that actually managed to survive in their standard live set for an extended period of time. These specific hits tours are supposed to give the band a chance to highlight some great songs they don't normally get to play. It seems like a total waste to me to just throw it away on the most boring and predictable choices they possibly could have made, Moonchild aside... but oh wait, they dropped that.

Last edited by Maiden33; 04-03-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I see where you are coming from, I too LOVE Somewhere in Time, but the name of the Tour aside, it was always said to be a Greatest 80's Hit Tour. Idr ever seeing it being billed as "We play rare songs we hardly if EVER played." I also read it was in support of the Live After Death DVD, which this tour played most of the songs featured on that DVD. You had the 4 Powerslave Songs, the World Slavery Set, and the tour shirts... oh yeah... Powerslave-ish.

They do play some rare songs, just not always, you just don't have the luck of catching those shows.

This was a tour designed for the 80's songs, just like the "Eddie Rips Up The World Tour" was designed for the 1st 4 album songs. Next tour, you never know what you are gonna get. They may drop a lot of the songs you say are over played, but in the end, stop picking at what doesn't work for you, because it seems to work for the masses. The wants of the few do not out weigh the needs the many lol.

Tags
iron maiden