Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Iron Maiden -- Buenos Aires, Argentina -- March 28th, 2009

IRON MAIDEN performed for 42,000 fans on Saturday, March 28 at Velez Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina as part of this year's Quilmes Rock Festival with SEPULTURA, LAUREN HARRIS, O'CONNOR and HORCAS.

01. Aces High
02. Wrathchild
03. 2 Minutes To Midnight
04. Children Of The Damned
05. Phantom Of The Opera
06. The Trooper
07. Wasted Years
08. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
09. Powerslave
10. Run To The Hills
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden
--Encore--
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Sanctuary

News Coverage of The Band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkDRF...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhEe...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKA4_...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNQ_...layer_embedded

Source: Blabbermouth
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

And America wonders why Bruce hates it here.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
And America wonders why Bruce hates it here.
lol Why is that?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
lol Why is that?
its because they played phantom of the opera and they didnt play that when i saw them last year
Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 PM
MY LEG!!

Fuck I'd love to here POTO live!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
In Search of Truth

Thumbs down

This set list is still worse than the old one, and I finally have a totally concrete reason as to why.
The new set list barely even really embraces the "theme" of the Somewhere Back In Time tour. This tour was mainly supposed to focus around Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son, with some other songs from the first 4 albums. It was already silly that they played Fear of the Dark for the fuck of it, but this is just stupid.
Not going to delve into the quality of each song, but the 5 songs that used to be in the set list were The Clairvoyant, Moonchild, Heaven Can Wait, Can I Play With Madness, and Revelations. The 5 songs they replaced them with are Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Sanctuary, The Evil That Men Do, and Children of the Damned. They basically took out 4 songs that are perfectly within the era the tour is themed around, and replaced them with one that they play more frequently than all other 4, and 4 songs the band have played as recently as 2005. This tour has basically become "The Best of Maiden 1980-1992, featuring Powerslave".
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This set list is still worse than the old one, and I finally have a totally concrete reason as to why.
The new set list barely even really embraces the "theme" of the Somewhere Back In Time tour. This tour was mainly supposed to focus around Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son, with some other songs from the first 4 albums. It was already silly that they played Fear of the Dark for the fuck of it, but this is just stupid.
Not going to delve into the quality of each song, but the 5 songs that used to be in the set list were The Clairvoyant, Moonchild, Heaven Can Wait, Can I Play With Madness, and Revelations. The 5 songs they replaced them with are Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Sanctuary, The Evil That Men Do, and Children of the Damned. They basically took out 4 songs that are perfectly within the era the tour is themed around, and replaced them with one that they play more frequently than all other 4, and 4 songs the band have played as recently as 2005. This tour has basically become "The Best of Maiden 1980-1992, featuring Powerslave".
This is true, but the tour is really supposed to represent Powerslave, since that's what the DVD was based off of. I do agree with you though.

This basically supports my argument that Maiden have gotten lazy. Both in songwriting and performing. (but at least they aren't downtuning!)
Old 03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
lol Why is that?
Because in other countries they're a big fuckin' deal.
Here, 90% of the fans will go home saying "What the fuck, they didn't play ___" instead of "Holy shit, they played ___ and ___" etc.

One of the few good points brought up during the first season of That Metal Show was that their new material gets a lot more attention in other countries than it does here.

Generally in America, everyone wants to hear all of the songs off the first Maiden record they bought, what came out when they were in high school, or what the few and far between Maiden fans were listening to when they "killed their girlfriend's albatross" for the first time.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

if anyone wants the bootleg check my facebook
Old 04-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Because in other countries they're a big fuckin' deal.
Here, 90% of the fans will go home saying "What the fuck, they didn't play ___" instead of "Holy shit, they played ___ and ___" etc.

One of the few good points brought up during the first season of That Metal Show was that their new material gets a lot more attention in other countries than it does here.

Generally in America, everyone wants to hear all of the songs off the first Maiden record they bought, what came out when they were in high school, or what the few and far between Maiden fans were listening to when they "killed their girlfriend's albatross" for the first time.
I'm already saying Holy Shit to a few of the songs. In the end, I feel a true fan would careless what they played, but rather that they saw them play. That's how I feel about tomorrow atleast. I've been wanting to see Maiden since I 1st heard them, and now I have my chance. But yeah, I can see where you are coming from. But idk how it started at my post haha

Tags
iron maiden